Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 28th, 2008, 12:03 AM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
D90 rock crawling on my desk!

I thought I'd add a little something extra to the fungsway of my desk at work. I am going to dismantal this truck and paint it monza red with a single stage paint! - I think I have figured out a way to make it LHD and put the spare tire on the tailgate where it belongs. When I am done I'll post the results in "small projects".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	d90rockcrawl.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	14057   Click image for larger version

Name:	d90rockcrawl2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	14058  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2008, 12:36 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
That's pretty cool and that's one clean desk!
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:25 AM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
During the work day I'll pull out my binders and folders full of reference data, but at the end of the day i put everything away. I do it out of habit... for the 1st 20 or so years of my career i worked in environments with classified data and kept - "a clean desk policy" at the end of the day! The rock is a piece of fossilized beach - (Intricate layers of unique sand deposits) fossilized into sand stone. I recently found it in river bed south of Hollister Ca. in the narrow rift zone between the San Andreas and Calaveras faults. My son an I go back there every few years to see what fossils are un-earthed by the river that cuts through this area. The rocks we are looking through are about 50 million years old. We have found fossilized clams, sand dollars, huge barnacle clusters and various other mollusk shells. The trees on my desk are white oaks just like the ones seen in Yosemite Valley. ( Every year I collect and germinate some acorns and keep the trees small - (bonsai)). They really begin to look like real trees after about 5 years - even the leaves scale themselves down to 1/4 the size of leaves from a grown tree. I keep their heights down to the 1.5 to 2 foot tall.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2008, 01:11 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Very cool desk - if you have to work inside it might as well as some smart outside features. i really like the trees - growing them from acorns is something else.

Great story on that sand stone piece too. Mom Nature is the best artist ever.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d90