D90 NAS Values????? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 26th, 2015, 10:10 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Listing of sold Defenders on ebay. I wonder how many purchasers followed through.
land rover defender in Cars & Trucks | eBay

Look at the photos of this sold restoration listing. It is criminal considering the asking price. Who is Vitesse Motor Cars?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...m=271961520015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2015, 10:41 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGPete View Post
Hey Jason,
The original poster asked about values. You want to research values, one accurate way is to follow sold prices, NOT asking prices. One way to check sold prices is to consider "completed" Ebay listings. Pretty god damn simple if you ask me. Look how often these high asking price trucks show up time and time again, they aren't actually selling.
It is a valid point of research to help answer his question. If a truck is sold "off" Ebay there is no way to determine the selling price, since it isn't shown. Simple..
Whether I've sold $55k D90's is irrelevant, I'm trying to help the poster with his question asshole.
Pete chillax. They're all opinions. eBay is known to be a place where even when the BIN button is hit it doesn't mean the vehicle actually sold since buyers/sellers can back out all the time without punishment. While some people may have good luck on eBay (like you), many also complain that it's a place where very few transactions ever actually complete. I've actually found that it's more difficult to do price research on eBay in recent years than it used to be, and that they expire the info far sooner than they did previously. It can be a tricky place to conduct any useful research since there are asking prices, auctions ended early, BIN buttons hit, buyers and sellers do not honor the price at closing, completed listings, etc.

If completed listings is verification when money has actually changed hands, then it seems that Russell's post was most helpful. But since I know some of the vehicles and their current owners, and since even in Russell's completed link I can see some vehicles on there MULTIPLE TIMES or completed at prices I know the seller did not sell at (like xjahx's series at $2k), I can't really trust the completed listings either...

Land Rover Defender 109 | eBay

Here's another example. It is in the completed listings section and says it sold for $31,500 on September 11th

Land Rover Defender 2 Door 4WD | eBay

but then it was posted here a week later by the same seller at the same price (which would indicate it didn't actually sell...)

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ale-65007.html
Old October 26th, 2015, 10:43 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Hey Jason,
The original poster asked about values. You want to research values, one accurate way is to follow sold prices, NOT asking prices. One way to check sold prices is to consider "completed" Ebay listings. Pretty god damn simple if you ask me. Look how often these high asking price trucks show up time and time again, they aren't actually selling.
It is a valid point of research to help answer his question. If a truck is sold "off" Ebay there is no way to determine the selling price, since it isn't shown. Simple..
Whether I've sold $55k D90's is irrelevant, I'm trying to help the poster with his question asshole.
I was trying to point out that for high value defender sales eBay isn't a good source of data.

Not many defenders sell through eBay and hence there aren't many 'sold' prices.

Your random data point that you've sold lots of cars on eBay doesn't really add any value when it doesn't include high value defenders which is what the poster is trying to validate.

You seem a little stressed this morning ... perhaps some deep breaths or yoga might help you calm down and refrain from name calling.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2015, 10:50 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Look at the photos of this sold restoration listing. It is criminal considering the asking price. Who is Vitesse Motor Cars?
Land Rover Defender Defender 110 | eBay
Wow, "New Paintwork To Factory Color" - uh yeah, over How Much Corrosion?!?!

Either Vitesse should be avoided, or that 'restoration' was handled a decade or more ago??

Wow, is about all I can say..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 26th, 2015, 11:29 AM
MGPete
Pete C
'95 D90 SW

Registry
Whether I've sold $55k LR on Ebay or not, does not negate the point I was trying to make, and didn't warrant your dismissive and sarcastic comment.
I'll step back in the back ground and let you experts spew your knowledge, and perhaps learn something.
Old October 26th, 2015, 11:30 AM
jason1st
Jason Crandall
2006 LR3 2012 SC 1983 110

Quote:
Are you serious? LOL. Geez dude. I can't believe sharing my Ebay experience would upset you so.

Regardless..... Sales prices on cars are NOT public knowledge. The only way to know where sales prices are is to open your checkbook and start making offers and see where you end up.
Old October 26th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Dorado34698
Steve
2013 LR4

I posted a thread on the D90 in question. I appreciate any and all feedback.
Old October 26th, 2015, 12:01 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Whether I've sold $55k LR on Ebay or not, does not negate the point I was trying to make, and didn't warrant your dismissive and sarcastic comment.
I'll step back in the back ground and let you experts spew your knowledge, and perhaps learn something.
Pete we'd love it if you could please show us the definitive section on eBay where we can see what defenders actually sold for. As I posted, it can be hard to decipher.
Old October 26th, 2015, 12:54 PM
RX6RCROL
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Pete we'd love it if you could please show us the definitive section on eBay where we can see what defenders actually sold for. As I posted, it can be hard to decipher.
Josh, ebay app shows what's sold. Click refine search, click on sold items and change category to cars & trucks. A search for 1997 rover defender returned 8 results. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2757452921.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	133157 Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2318660995.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	133158 Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4237522103.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	133159
Old October 26th, 2015, 01:01 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX6RCROL View Post
Josh, ebay app shows what's sold. Click refine search, click on sold items and change category to cars & trucks. A search for 1997 rover defender returned 8 results. Attachment 133157 Attachment 133158 Attachment 133159
OK so that Arles D90 that says it sold for $49,250 belongs to 110fender, so he can probably confirm whether it completed for $49,250.

Otherwise, I see all of the same vehicles I already saw in Russell's link. For example the beluga black D90ST that says sold for $31,500 on 9/11, but was posted for sale here by the same guy a week later, who said it didn't sell on eBay. Also the listing with the blue D90 and the white D90 show up a few times as well, so it's still not accurate because it shows them as selling multiple times.
Old October 26th, 2015, 01:09 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Examples.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2854498200.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	133160   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2960585816.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	133161  

Old October 26th, 2015, 01:14 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Josh some people can't believe that eBay would lie about something like this ... OMFG i think you've stumbled on a huge conspiracy to hide the true price of Defenders ...
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:15 AM
rankar
Randy
97 SW #2236 (Maggie)

Registry
Quote:
Simple..
This is how we actually communicate with each other on here. If the mud is too thick for you here, try a more docile forum. Otherwise stick around and get honest and opinionated banter without the personal attacks.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 11:07 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Deleted, on second though, I felt it came across a bit disrespectful, sorry..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d90, nas