D110 Title Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 22nd, 2014, 04:05 PM
toad
Cutter
None

D110 Title Question

I'm in the process of buying an imported 110. The title was just issued to the seller (who posts here and may chime in) and it lists a range rover as the make, not land rover. I don't know if this will cause an issue, specifically regarding the GLVW write off, but also in terms of any other headaches down the line. The VIN and all other info is correct, but an '86 110 and a '86 Rangie aren't the same thing.

I realize you never know when it comes to DMVs and how things go, but any thoughts on this? Not really looking forward to making the seller have to correct it as it will delay things significantly, so would appreciate your input since you guys have way more experience in this area than me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2014, 04:18 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
LOL yeah Rhode island just arbitrarily chooses a vehicle when they don't have yours in the system, I'd be more concerned with the VIN number being correct.

The seller cannot correct it, unfortunately, Rhode Island goes by make and model.

you also get to make up your vehicle weight but I'd be as accurate as possible on that.

my 90 is registered as a 85 rang rover, its the closest vehicle they had to an 84 d90
Old April 22nd, 2014, 04:21 PM
toad
Cutter
None

The title is actually from Michigan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2014, 04:23 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
The title is actually from Michigan.
even better, once you register it in RI (since it is over 11 years old) you won't even have a title and they are going to do the same thing (85 Range Rover)

Keep the title as it streamlines reg in some states but to sell a vehicle out of RI you only need a reg anyway

JT
Old April 22nd, 2014, 04:41 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

My Discovery was a Range Rover Discovery according to Mass

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 07:53 PM
Iamkraig
Kraig
1987 defender 110

Registry
My 86 110 had a michigan title and showed it as a range rover also. I purchased the truck from Johan and he is great to deal with and a straight shooter.

I just told the lady in Ohio it was a land rover and she switched it. I should have said it was a 57 chevy and I bet she would have put that on the title.

If you want to title it in Ohio first to get this switched, let me know as it will travel right past my office on its way to you and I can get a new title in about an hour.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:13 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I got my NAS 110 title to say land rover. All it required was a letter to DMV. Originally it would only allow it to be called range rover.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:31 PM
toad
Cutter
None

Thanks all for the comments, I talked Johan and a friend here in state, shouldn't be an issue. Well any more than any trip to the DMV, trips there don't seem to ever go smoothly.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, d110