D-90s in Italy - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 15th, 2003, 07:38 PM
OCD90
Torrence
1997 Hardtop

D-90s in Italy

The day before yesterday, I saw several D-90s in Rome. They appear to be first responder vehicles for the Fire Department/Safety Services. Red hardtops with white stripes along the sides. I didn't see any used by the Police. They used tiny Fiats, Renaults and a bunch of other things...no D-90s for Police that I could see.

I tried to get pics, but it was near dusk, and by the time I got the camera out, they'd rushed on by (lights flashing). I got up and chased on the second one foot for a few yards as it got caught at a red light. I'm sure that looked cool to the locals. Stupid American!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
Smile Re: D-90s in Italy

Quote:
Originally posted by OCD90
I saw several D-90s in Rome. They appear to be first responder vehicles for the Fire Department/Safety Services(...)
no D-90s for Police that I could see.
(...) I'm sure that looked cool to the locals. Stupid American!
Hi!
The 90 you saw was a VVF one (Italian fire brigades-Vigili Del Fuoco),while I was in the corp (you have this choice if you don't wanna join the army) I was used to drive 130...

LRs are now official vehicles of army and other corps such Carabinieri (a sort of Police),so they're a common sight (almost).
I couldn't tell the same of you chasing one for a picture...

...maybe "locals" thought you were just a bit extravagant...
...nothing to worry about...

Cheers
+109" IIA ex-military

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sketches and doodles:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[O]===[O]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d-90