D-90 Pocket Translator - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 11th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Jackie Treehorn
1985 (legitimately)
D-90 Pocket Translator

So I end up thinking to myself sometimes as I read some of these threads and figured a lot of you probably think the same thing. Here are some basic translations for old salts as well as noobs. Feel free to add to this list:

1). Post/Comment: "WTB- decent reliable ROW 110, no/minimal rust, TD5 or 300TDi, LHD. Looking to pay under $20,000. Let me know"
Translation: "I noticed a cool jeep-looking truck at the local park and after spending 20 minutes Googling 'Defender', I'm convinced that I can find a distress sale of a nice one for $20,000 or less and don't think a little surface rust will pose any issues."

2). Post/Comment: "FS-1985 Defender 110/90- Near perfect but with some patina.
I picked up this nice 90/110 and have owned it less than a month and planned on keeping this forever after taking months to find the perfect one in the UK, now my wife; 2a- told me that its not nice enough for her to drive, or 2b- told me we are having another child, so I need to sell my new toy"
Translation: "I hastily and perhaps while under the influence of alcohol, hit the "Buy-it-Now" button on eBay.uk and three months later and at 2x my original budget, now have in my possession a complete rusty fright-pig of a toy that is one rainstorm away from crumbling under its own weight and now need to cut my losses and sell it to save face with my wife and recoup my investment"

3). Post/Comment: "why can't I import a 2012 Puma, disassembled, in one container and call it "parts" and then reassemble it here in the states and get a title as a 2012 LR4?"
Translation: "I'm really too lazy to read any one of the thousands of posts within hundreds of threads on the subject of importing and I'm hoping to get the answer I want to hear from someone on the forum, so I can go ahead with my plans"

Old April 11th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Eric Doxey
1995 Defender 90
Sounds about right

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

90, d-90