Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 12th, 2003, 04:40 PM
mgrgpg
Mark
1989 D110

Custom Work

To all,

I have a small waterjet machine shop on Long Island. I use a high pressure waterjet stream to cut anything from rubber gaskets to glass to titanium. For soft materials like rubber I use water only, and for harder materials we inject garnet into the steam to cut the material. I also have milling and turning capabilities.

I was wondering if anyone was looking for custom cut work?...For example, I have seen prices for tread plate wing tops that are crazy. Once I have the machine programmed I can bang these parts out fairly easily.

Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 13th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Here is an idea I have been working on, replacement gauge panels. I want to fit more gauges on my dash, but of course there is no room. I was going to have a woodworker/guitar maker friend of mine make a new panel, and replace the whole gauge cluster with a nice walnut piece and 6 new gauges and some LED's for the critical warning lights.

Where in Long Island anyways? I have a few machining needs, in case I end up NOT moving to Colorado.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old November 13th, 2003, 08:43 AM
mgrgpg
Mark
1989 D110

Hans,

My shop is in Holbrook, not far from Islip Airport.

I remember your posts about the dash and I've been thinking about new gauges and a panel also, as well as adding some gauges and better power outlets on the center dash where the clock is now.

My shop website is www.waterjetsunlimited.com

shop email is mark@waterjetsunlimited.com

Thanks,
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 13th, 2003, 08:43 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
yep, i am. I'm looking for those running board plates I mentioned in the thread regarding 5 bar tread plate. I bet you could get a nice little racket going whipping out clever bits of treadplate and other cut parts.
Old November 13th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Wow, right around the corner.....literally. You've probably seen me driving around the area, white SW with roof-rack. I'll be away for about a week, I may need to stop over and talk ideas with you next week.

-Hans

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old November 14th, 2003, 02:18 AM
Chaucer
Will
93 110 | 97 90

A custom instrument cluster would be totally cool! Especially to fit a few more gauges. It would be awesome if the cluster were to look like the stock one, just a bit longer and a few more holes...
Old November 14th, 2003, 08:59 AM
mgrgpg
Mark
1989 D110

Thanks for the ideas, I have started seaching for the 5 bar plate, and it is hard to come by. So far I have only received pricing from one supplier and it was 1/8", not 3/16" thick. My work email is posted above, so if you have specific things send them over and I will let you know what I can do.

Any thoughts on 5 bar wheel well storage boxes?

Mark

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat