custom fabrication - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 21st, 2008, 08:22 PM
97Ariesblu
kyle scheppler
1997/D-90 Station Wagon

Post custom fabrication

since im one of, yes, "those" guys, who doesnt know too much aboout under the hood and car, but i know my shit, pretty well more than the average joe, enough to do some work (put on my fendor panels, swaped air filters, change own oil, take off stock bumoer to put bumperettes, etc (i do carpentor shit so..)....BUT, when i hear a noise and I cant actually see where its coming from, I dont know what the fuck to do...that kinda knowledge. I mean I look around my 90 all the time under hood just looking studying where shit going and under car too and read a little, but just pretty much dont have experience, cause i was never taught.

point of comment : I fucking hate when people start fucking around with people in threads when they ask a question that to someone might seem retarded but to me it might be legit...cause i read stuff sometimes and guys start messing w/ people...happened to me before i realized to buddy up with people then just pm
^
ANYWAYS BACK TO CUSTOM FABRICATION.... I
|
-with a sense of my knowledge----------------------------------|

i want to match up my back door (inside) with my black alum diamond plated fendor panels....should i just take the measurements and go to get some black diamondplated sheeting and do some cuts here and there and drilll a hole for this and that and fit in place of old panel ???

i think it would look sick

or should i just order something i know someone besides me has thought of this...
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2008, 10:46 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Kyle, you should hook up with Len B. He might be able to point you in the right direction. He's less than an hour away from you!
Old February 22nd, 2008, 02:14 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Where is Burlingame? I could help you if you are close.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:39 AM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

with some more exact details, I could make it and send it to you. One of my best friends owns a metal fab shop.
And I love you too
Old February 25th, 2008, 01:19 AM
97Ariesblu
kyle scheppler
1997/D-90 Station Wagon

burlingame is 20 minutes south of san francisco...im going to go through someone close i got a couple of places to go...just looking for feedback...thanks guys...i think it would be sick to have black diamond plated alum. inner rear door...guna try to find a place that sells black diamond plated sheets so i can take measurements and go on with it... where is temecula..south?

Follow-up Post:

shane send some pics of your car to me
email: kschep@gmail.com
like to see some real size images, and how it looks with black rims, get a side shot in...hah sorry no rush just interested..
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:10 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
You're not going to find anywhere that sells black treadplate, much less 5-bar black. Anything you get will have to be coated, anodized or painted.

Might want to buy some LR mags and look at all the ads for tread plate, some trucks have way too much of it and it doesnt look "sick."

That being said, this place does "sick" anodizing work: http://www.appliedanodize.com/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat