Crispy 110 seeking value and direction - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 30th, 2005, 01:01 PM
EndlessEarth4WD
Grant Guilbeault
1998 Rangie/1994 D90

Crispy 110 seeking value and direction

Recently an ECR prepped NAS 1993 D110 burnt to the ground about 100 yards from the ferry entrance on Shelter Island New York. The truck was a legal NAS rig that had been converted to a hi-cap by ECR and was later sold by Copley Motor Cars. It was green. Some of you might have seen the pics (pre-bonfire) on either the ECR or Copley sites.

Anyway, the owner of the burnt rig later bought another 110 from me and he is all set since insurance paid him out. He then bought the burnt rig back from the insurance company. I presume it now has a salvage title. I sent him an e-mail to inquire last night. The truck is basically toast. The frame is good, the axles are good, tires still hold air so it can be rolled, the tranny and t-case are good as far as we can tell. The rear portion of the pick-up bed can be saved. The rest of the rig is history.

I was looking at it all the other day as it is sitting out behind a local shop. I was thinking of offering the owner some money for it (assuming the title is intact although it is salvage now) and then entertaining the idea of getting body panels and a Tdi 300 from the UK over time. And then I thought maybe a galvy frame...and then I fell asleep dreaming about trucks.

What do you all think? Any ideas on value? What direction might you go? Should I even bother?

Thanks in advance.

Grant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 30th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

It could make for a cool project, if it were me I would want to throw some strong axles under it some 38" tires and have a killer trail rig with minimum body and it would have to be a soft top. Could you get some pics of it as it sits? For what is left of it I would try and get it for 4 or 5 k but it might be worth more? If the frame is still good just have it galvinized. Oh and the big thing everyone is into now is the 110 crewcab with a shortbed like this http://www.defendersource.com/pic/fisher110/index.html , but then you need to redo the hole body. You are in Portsmouth and I'm in Manchester and I don't think we have ever met?
Old September 30th, 2005, 02:28 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
I thought the galvy on the frame now was in fine condition. Are you sure it isn't?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 30th, 2005, 02:43 PM
EndlessEarth4WD
Grant Guilbeault
1998 Rangie/1994 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarchand
I thought the galvy on the frame now was in fine condition. Are you sure it isn't?
It might be. It is pretty soot-blackened so I did not really notice. I am still waiting to hear how much the previous owner wants for the remains before I really dig into it. I heard he might have been told by someone it is worth $15k.
Old September 30th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I don't think I would pay over 7, and that is if the frame is real good, and all the part you listed are very useable.
Old September 30th, 2005, 02:50 PM
EndlessEarth4WD
Grant Guilbeault
1998 Rangie/1994 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
It could make for a cool project, if it were me I would want to throw some strong axles under it some 38" tires and have a killer trail rig with minimum body and it would have to be a soft top. Could you get some pics of it as it sits? For what is left of it I would try and get it for 4 or 5 k but it might be worth more? If the frame is still good just have it galvinized. Oh and the big thing everyone is into now is the 110 crewcab with a shortbed like this http://www.defendersource.com/pic/fisher110/index.html , but then you need to redo the hole body. You are in Portsmouth and I'm in Manchester and I don't think we have ever met?
That is a damn sexy truck.

I think we might have been on a run together once that BWO put on. I am just starting to do Rover events. I have been mostly wheeling buggies the last few years.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
I don't think I would pay over 7, and that is if the frame is real good, and all the part you listed are very useable.
That is what Jesse Ware thought it would be worth. Of course I was thinking less. In the end the owner has to do something. It has to go somewhere and I doubt he wants it hogging garage space or sitting on the lawn in front of his $5MM home on Long Island.
Old September 30th, 2005, 03:34 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEarth4WD
I heard he might have been told by someone it is worth $15k.
That was funny

about 3-4 months ago a 1993 NAS 110 sold on ebay for 13K it had fire damage but it was mainly in the motor area if I remember correct. It did not look like a hard fix.

Less than a month ago a 1997 d90 sold here in Colorado for $2500 the body was toast but the frame, bulkhead and other parts still looked good. It had Maxi drive gears in the transfer case, HD axles front and rear, 4.10's, lockers, ARB front bumper w winch and steel wheels.

Last week a yellow 94 D90 on ebay that had the motor taken apart went for 9K

About 2 months ago I was bidding on a White 1997 ST that was damaged in the rear here in Colorado and it went for 6K. The frame was tweaked and it needed a rear tub but it had low miles and seeme ddecent.

From the sound of it that 110 you are looking at is only worth the title and frame. Also keep in mind all of the money it will take ot get it running again.

the person that told him 15K is smoking crack

I think even 7K is high considering it is just a title, frame and a few parts
Old September 30th, 2005, 06:30 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Do you have any 'current' pics ?
yeah, 15k sounds a little high.

because...

Nicholas
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:20 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
15k would be a lot for any old burnt-out hulk, but this is an ECR-prepared burnt-out hulk, so it should sell for a substantial premium. To reproduce it you would have to pay ECR 100k plus and then go set it on fire.
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:37 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
To reproduce it you would have to pay ECR 100k plus and then go set it on fire.

I think you are onto to something Jim, heck with the ECR provenance they should be asking at least 40K. Even if it is burnt and most of the parts are of no use you still have the bragging right that you own an ECR built 110 Double cab and now it truly is one of a kind

As a matter of fact it might be considered an heirloom that could be passed from generation to generation.

I have not seen pictures said 110 so I am just talking out my butt right now
Old October 1st, 2005, 02:04 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I find that talking out of my butt is much easier, maybe its because its got nice big muscles.

Someone should make a smiley emoticon with two conjoined circles (like a mastercard logo) with a blabbing mouth in the middle - that would make a nice symbol for talking out of one's butt.

On topic content - I'd sure like to see pictures of this hulk.
Old October 3rd, 2005, 01:20 PM
EndlessEarth4WD
Grant Guilbeault
1998 Rangie/1994 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
I find that talking out of my butt is much easier, maybe its because its got nice big muscles.

Someone should make a smiley emoticon with two conjoined circles (like a mastercard logo) with a blabbing mouth in the middle - that would make a nice symbol for talking out of one's butt.

On topic content - I'd sure like to see pictures of this hulk.
I'll take some pics tomorrow. I gotta go up to the shop anyway.
Old October 3rd, 2005, 07:22 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

If all you want (to get started) is a 110 chasis, ECR has 2 on ebay right now and they are each going for $1 right now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags