Old July 29th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by asif k. View Post
Most of these defender importers are inspired by 'Fast n Loud' type shows. They think they will make a 100k a month building these up, the 183k asking price is probably meant to be negotiated down to 40k. All of this nonsense is borne of stupid car shows on TV.
Really ?
The cage and time to install it paint/body work and interior would run you $50k min. That doesn't include the truck or other adds like power windows and the wiring loom fabrication to morph those into a 1983 etc.
You have clearly never taken one of theses down to a bare chassis and completely rebuilt it to a high
Standard. Until you have making such proclamations are inappropriate.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 29th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Most of these defender importers are inspired by 'Fast n Loud' type shows. They think they will make a 100k a month building these up, the 183k asking price is probably meant to be negotiated down to 40k. All of this nonsense is borne of stupid car shows on TV.
And the quick buck.....

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old July 29th, 2015, 04:45 PM
asif k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Really ?
The cage and time to install it paint/body work and interior would run you $50k min. That doesn't include the truck or other adds like power windows and the wiring loom fabrication to morph those into a 1983 etc.
You have clearly never taken one of theses down to a bare chassis and completely rebuilt it to a high
Standard. Until you have making such proclamations are inappropriate.
The 83 V8 is the cheapest possible 110 LHD you can find. Now if the paint, body and interior cost 50k, why not start with an 88/89 model 110 to begin with and spend another 6-7k sourcing it? If I'm spend 180k for LHD 110, how about an 89 model with something more exciting than the 3.9 V8? I'll tell you why, these guys put in as little as possible and want as much as they can get. And 50K is pie in the sky for restoring a defender 110 with brand new interior, maybe if you were paying retail prices to the most expensive body shop in town but these guys have their own crews.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2015, 07:25 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Sorry, Imo, that truck screams Major Fuck-up. Who plows that kind of time and effort into something and lists it on Cars.com on purpose? Aesthetically its listed in the right place but probably singing to the wrong demographic.

Old July 30th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
I don't think this is worth anymore than $75K, even given the time and effort put into it. Really...those interiors down in FL way are quite inexpensive, the sound deadening, carpet, trim etc - all doable for way under $10K...the car itself - $12K imported max - a new chassis, drivetrain, suspension etc etc... meh $20K

If priced $100K less it wouldn't seem so ridiculous...Im on Clay and Chris' side of the fence on this...FWIW
Old July 30th, 2015, 08:44 AM
jason1st
Jason Crandall
2006 LR3 2012 SC 1983 110

Quote:
The 83 V8 is the cheapest possible 110 LHD you can find. Now if the paint, body and interior cost 50k, why not start with an 88/89 model 110 to begin with and spend another 6-7k sourcing it? If I'm spend 180k for LHD 110, how about an 89 model with something more exciting than the 3.9 V8? I'll tell you why, these guys put in as little as possible and want as much as they can get. And 50K is pie in the sky for restoring a defender 110 with brand new interior, maybe if you were paying retail prices to the most expensive body shop in town but these guys have their own crews.
I'm 1.5 years into my 110 build and things are almost back together. It's extremely expensive and time consuming. If you can do the work yourself you would save a lot of money but what is your time worth? It's cheaper for me to pay someone. I don't have the time.
Old July 30th, 2015, 08:51 AM
johan
johan
2009 Range Rover

Is HHH Heritage a new name in the US Defender business ? Never heard of them but looking at their website the inventory is (going to be) quite big

------ Follow up post added July 30th, 2015 08:54 AM ------

The name says HHH heritage but the website is HHHeritage.com
Old July 30th, 2015, 09:59 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by johan View Post
Is HHH Heritage a new name in the US Defender business ? Never heard of them but looking at their website the inventory is (going to be) quite big ------ Follow up post added July 30th, 2015 08:54 AM ------ The name says HHH heritage but the website is HHHeritage.com
I was confused as well. Shouldn't it be HH Heritage?
Old July 30th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan View Post
Is HHH Heritage a new name in the US Defender business ? Never heard of them but looking at their website the inventory is (going to be) quite big

------ Follow up post added July 30th, 2015 08:54 AM ------

The name says HHH heritage but the website is HHHeritage.com
Did some digging.
Domain was set up in April 2015
Can't see registration as LLC on Secretary of State site. Perhaps that takes time to show.
Found reference to two of the people listed on the HHH site at another business:

The Team - Highgate Motors of Barrington

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
defender