Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 5th, 2008, 08:23 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Couple of good 90 articles in LRM Oct.

I was in IT last week and before getting on the plane coming back was stoked to see the Oct issue of LRM at the airport.

Some good articles with some NAS 90 coverage (as well as a mention of d-90.com). First is Ron's article showing his clean white 90 and Kevin's yellow Series on some western MA trails. Then there is a '94 with a Cummins veggie conversion whic was an interesting read.

I know LRM ain't cheap but I think it's worth a looksee if you have a chance. Last month had some coverage of the MuddyChef that I was able to do up in Stowe, VT.

At any rate, props to Ron - great writeup and the truck looked great to boot on those 413 trails. They sound pretty burly although I'd love to head back home one weekend and give them a go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 5th, 2008, 09:09 PM
KevinNY
Kevin Buckley
1973 coiler

They are doable with some good spotting by anyone Don, I'm sure you will get your chance. The article Ron wrote is us doing Old Florida Rd. Kudos to Ron for keeping the actual trail name OUT of the article, here I have no problem mentioning it. Most of the New Englanders recognize it anyway.
Old October 6th, 2008, 01:30 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

Thanks Don and Kevin.

I have another article coming out next month????? I need to finalize it with the editor. The article is called Rattlesnake Backward.

I am also writing something up on Moab, that should be published in a month or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 6th, 2008, 07:53 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Dammit, I'm never at any of the LRM runs.. I get no coverage. I have to call my agent and complain.
Old October 6th, 2008, 11:19 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Keep 'em coming Ron. Always great to read some NA content especially east coast stuff. Kevin - I forgot to mention how good your truck looked too in the pics.

I figured that was Old Florida Road. I've heard both N. Adams and N'hampton as it's location - or am I confusing some trails/names? I grew up in West Springfield and my dad used to bring me wheeling in the Bear Hole area when it was a bit more "legal" and much less developed. Interesting thing about West Springfield - Curt LeDuc (Off-Road Championship racer) had a small shop in town BITD. I used to go to his shop with my dad and I'd sit on spare parts reading "FourWheeling" magazines while they hung in the shop.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d 90