Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Closed Thread

Old March 5th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

*Cough* $60 in here *Cough*

Ahem, excuse my throat. If you've ever taken Airborne you can file for up to 6 boxes without proof of purchase ($10.59 price for Seasonal Airborn. 6x $63.54) on this claim page here :

http://www.airbornehealthsettlement.com/index.htm

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?se...mer&id=5996792
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
I mean this in the most compassionate way, and usually I just look the other way and go about my business, but . . .

I think that maybe half the crap you post on here is worthwhile or appropriate for this site. This one is part of the not appropriate crap.
Old March 5th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Oh ?! reeeeeally. And how so Mr. moderator, ethical compass and self proclaimed judge. Look around you bro, this is the MSC section not the for sale or mechanical help section! If you have no use for this info just carry on looking the other way and move on! If you do then I am happy I could help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2008, 10:34 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Hey Anthony!

Did you eventually get your entire Defender parted out?

DJ
Old March 5th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Wait a minute. Scratch that! Fine, Iíll bite! Why in your opinion is this particular thread inappropriate for this section?

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Menasco
Hey Anthony!

Did you eventually get your entire Defender parted out?

DJ
Heeeeeeey bro. How are you. lol, yes i did. Eveything but the tub. No one wants to buy it!
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Departing90
Wait a minute. Scratch that! Fine, Iíll bite! Why in your opinion is this particular thread inappropriate for this section?

Follow-up Post:

Heeeeeeey bro. How are you. lol, yes i did. Eveything but the tub. No one wants to buy it!
How much for the tub?

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old March 6th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Quote:
This particular post may in the appropriate section, but I guess I just didn't see the point of it. In my opinion, most of us are not going to lie to get some free Airborne.

Also, of your last posts, here is what you have contributed:

1. Dog getting thrown off a cliff video.
2. Red neck digital clock & calendar (not for a D-90)
3. John McCain not born in America - Ineligible for President
4. Women are liars! Here is the irrefutable proof!
5. German ad showing girl getting dirty!

Just seems very off-topic to me.

But it is a free country and this is a free site, and I should not have snapped at you like that. In fact, I shouldn't have said anything. My apologies.
Old March 6th, 2008, 04:57 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozman
But it is a free country and this is a free site, and I should not have snapped at you like that. In fact, I shouldn't have said anything. My apologies.
Just as he is free to post crap, you are free to let him know that he is annoying.
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:40 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Wish I was still in CA, I'd love to buy the tub.

Old March 6th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thanks for saying something Greg, I usually look the other way most of the time too, then get my head bit off just for saying what everyone else is thinking.

Semper Fi!
Old March 6th, 2008, 01:47 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that that is a quite a series of non-essential posts.

Old March 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
In my opinion, most of us are not going to lie to get some free Airborne.
He wasn't advocating that you should [lie]. He clearly states that "If you've ever taken Airborne you can file for up to 6 boxes without proof of purchase...."

Quote:
But it is a free country and this is a free site, and I should not have snapped at you like that. In fact, I shouldn't have said anything.
I love this.

You go out of your way to point out what you believe to be his foibles, then apologize by magnanimously stating: "its a free country" and that " I shouldn't have snapped at you..." as if it were a direct dialog?

Your motive is as obvious as your "compassion" for Tony's posts.

Quote:
My apologies.
Indeed.
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Quote:
All good points, but he asked why, so I answered.

Not sure what you are implying with the your reference to Tony. Most people tend to contribute to the dialogue of the site, relative to all of our appreciation for Land Rovers. If everyone posted all the silly, interesting, spam-worthy, get-rich schemes, funny pictures, free coupons, 90% off sales, and general non-Rover related items, we would spend all day shifting through the weeds to find something that . . . (sounds of record player scratching)

I realize that perpetuating this will ultimately make me a hypocrite (again apparently) so I will cease and desist.

Oh no, I have become "that guy"!
Old March 6th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Quote:
Did I miss something here? I'm assuming you're talking about someone else . . .
Old March 6th, 2008, 03:31 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks
I'm assuming you're talking about someone else . . .
Correct. The "Tony" in question uses the handle "Departing90."
Old March 6th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf
Just as he is free to post crap, you are free to let him know that he is annoying.
Them sound like fightin words to me boy!

No he is not! Itís called forum etiquette! How would you like someone that disagrees with a post of yours for any reason to you to come along & blatantly take a crapp all over it by exerting your opinion! Crapp no, an educated, concise & constructive opinion yes.

Now you are starting to pi$$ me the Fu$# off!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
How much for the tub?
Thank you lord and the D-90 forum. I knew my crappy threads would yield something good! lol haaaaaa haaaaa. PM sent. $hit, Iíll send you another PM just to make sure you get it! You pick this thing-up & Iíll get the ball & chain to buy you a doughnut & make you a nice cup of coffee! HeII Iíll even throw in my Grandpappyís secret recipe for Beef Stroganoff.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
I mean this in the most compassionate way, and usually I just look the other way and go about my business, but . . .

I think that maybe half the crap you post on here is worthwhile or appropriate for this site. This one is part of the not appropriate crap.
Bottom line:

Forum etiquette dictates that if you see a post that you disagree with for lack of a better word, you move on! Obviously there are exceptions! I see posts of opportunist forum members overcharging for parts, others asking ridiculous mechanical questions, giving borderline insane mechanical recommendations / advise or simply discussing something that I donít agree with or find offensive at best for some reason! I have read posts on this forum that have rendered my on the floor of my kitchen laughing my head off or have had to pick-up my jaw from the floor!

It does not mean that one is obligated to chime in & assert their personal values or opinions in a negative manner! Everyone on this forum has their own opinions. That is a fact.

Iíll try to give you an appropriate answer. No one has asked you or other forum members to lie! Where the fu$# did you read that?! My wife takes airborne & it works for her. Placebo affect, I donít know! For me I does not work as advertised!

This is a several years in the making, well publicized, 18 million Dollars class action law suit so obviously it hasnít worked as advertised for a boat load of people some of whom may be on this forum & may find my post beneficial. Any amount of $ is money wasted on a product that does not work as advertised for the purchaser! Are you of the belief that an open link legally set-up to publicize this issue per the orders of a judge to a class action lawsuit pertaining to an over the counter product that children have access to & has affected thousands of people has no place on MSC section!? A heads-up or FYI at the very least!

It seems that you disagree with my choice of threads or placement of them so Iíll try & address both of those.

The MSC section is the most suitable part of this forum for this caliber of threads. There are various threads in this section not posted by myself that could be considered a waste of time, childish, unconstructive, offensive & so forth! There are a countless list of them available with a click of a mouse.

I personally believe that you & several others have contracted a case of the pack mentality & felt obligated to chime in. The fact that my previous thread was deleted must have also given you guys an assurance & a sense of self confidence to jump on the pack bandwagon! Of course you can throw this pack mentality out the window if another forum etiquette challenged member does not see eye to eye with you on a given issue!

Iíll address the puppy post as itís the only thread of mine that deserves such a response!

Well, looky looky, Not 12 hours after I started that thread everyone has seen it & is talking about it. Every news channel on the planet & on the internet has broadcasted or posted this clip over & over again. The following morning I couldnít get away from it! It was on the news on every channel! I wonder how many people complained to the news outlets or the FCC! Or could it be that some forum members hold a higher ethical & moral standard than the news outlets & the FCC!? I think not! Pack mentality at its best! My only error in judgment was not disclosing / clarifying the contents of the clip.

Iíd like to take this opportunity to apologize to you & any & all forum members that were offended in any way by my not clarifying the contents of that clip.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Rescue
Thanks for saying something Greg, I usually look the other way most of the time too, then get my head bit off just for saying what everyone else is thinking.
Well you should have just carried the Fu$# on looked the other way then! Man, I am starting to get Efing Pi$$ed Off!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that that is a quite a series of non-essential posts.
I donít give a shyte what you think! So STFU!
Follow-up Post:

Quote:
All good points, but he asked why, so I answered.

Not sure what you are implying with the your reference to Tony. Most people tend to contribute to the dialogue of the site, relative to all of our appreciation for Land Rovers. If everyone posted all the silly, interesting, spam-worthy, get-rich schemes, funny pictures, free coupons, 90% off sales, and general non-Rover related items, we would spend all day shifting through the weeds to find something that . . . (sounds of record player scratching)

I realize that perpetuating this will ultimately make me a hypocrite (again apparently) so I will cease and desist.

Oh no, I have become "that guy"!
You call that pathetic dribble an answer! Shut the F up with your nonsense!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
How much for the tub?
I just PMíd you. The tub is $175- Let me know bro?
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:00 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

-I could care less if i am pi$$ing you the fu$# off.

really. I'm OK with that.

-5 of the last 25 posts in this section of the forum have been your spam. It would be 6 if it weren't for CVC deleting that "must see" video (and as for that must see video that you say is everywhere- I have not once seen it on the news, read about it through any news outlet, or seen the video posted in any other forum).

-What does "mob mentality" have to do with being absolutely disgusted at the fact that you posted a video of somebody throwing a puppy off a cliff... and then called it must see?? It is a horrible, disgusting video, and I am glad that, on the whole, people on this forum agreed. Where the fuck does "mob mentality" come into play there? Let alone that, you are addressing a board of dog lovers- just look at the other thread about dogs that has remained at the top of this forum for the past year.

-If you don't care what any of us think.... why are you posting here?

-You're telling JimC, one of the most prominent, resourceful and informative members of this forum to look the other way and avoid posts on this message board. You're telling JimC that what he is saying is pi$$ing you off. I can't speak for everybody, and I definitely can't speak for Jim, so sorry if I am overstepping my bounds by going here... but where the hell do you get off addressing him, or anyone else who regularly contributes to this forum, like that? He alone has provided such a wealth of information to this community.... and then you come on here out of nowhere and start talking down to everybody, because you are the only one that sees fit to flood this board with crap. It is posts like yours, and responses like yours, that push people away from online communities.

While sure, you are free to post on this board as this is a public forum... we are still free to tell you that your posts are obnoxious and beyond irrelevant.

I realize this reply got pretty rant-ish, but Jesus Christ. Grow up, man.
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Quote:
-I could care less if i am pi$$ing you the fu$# off.

really. I'm OK with that.

-5 of the last 25 posts in this section of the forum have been your spam. It would be 6 if it weren't for CVC deleting that "must see" video (and as for that must see video that you say is everywhere- I have not once seen it on the news, read about it through any news outlet, or seen the video posted in any other forum).

-What does "mob mentality" have to do with being absolutely disgusted at the fact that you posted a video of somebody throwing a puppy off a cliff... and then called it must see?? It is a horrible, disgusting video, and I am glad that, on the whole, people on this forum agreed. Where the fuck does "mob mentality" come into play there? Let alone that, you are addressing a board of dog lovers- just look at the other thread about dogs that has remained at the top of this forum for the past year.

-If you don't care what any of us think.... why are you posting here?

-You're telling JimC, one of the most prominent, resourceful and informative members of this forum to look the other way and avoid posts on this message board. You're telling JimC that what he is saying is pi$$ing you off. I can't speak for everybody, and I definitely can't speak for Jim, so sorry if I am overstepping my bounds by going here... but where the hell do you get off addressing him, or anyone else who regularly contributes to this forum, like that? He alone has provided such a wealth of information to this community.... and then you come on here out of nowhere and start talking down to everybody, because you are the only one that sees fit to flood this board with crap. It is posts like yours, and responses like yours, that push people away from online communities.

While sure, you are free to post on this board as this is a public forum... we are still free to tell you that your posts are obnoxious and beyond irrelevant.

I realize this reply got pretty rant-ish, but Jesus Christ. Grow up, man.
Oh Reeeeeally. So itís OK to happen on a post that you think is obnoxious and beyond irrelevant & tell that to the poster!?

And I didnít tell anyone to avoid posts on this message board either!? Dude are you some type of Rettarde!?

Were I get off addressing anyone is when they so adamantly solicit

a response!?

Read my post above & then speak.
You obviously havenít or you wouldnít be making false claims!!!

Old March 6th, 2008, 09:14 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
[font=Verdana]And I didnít tell anyone to avoid posts on this message board either!? Dude are you some type of Rettarde!?
Quote:
Well you should have just carried the Fu$# on looked the other way then! Man, I am starting to get Efing Pi$$ed Off!
clearly i'm rettarde
Old March 6th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Quote:
clearly i'm rettarde
Dude. you like taking words out context donít you!?

rettarde
Itís called forum etiquette. You donít spell out profanity! Look at the rest of my post!?

You disagree with this thread topic? Move on?! Is that too hard for you!!! You want to keep soliciting a response from me?

Follow-up Post:

Buckon37s has first dibs on the tub! If it falls through Iíll post it on the for sale section.
All pms answered.
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat