Costco Tire Jackassery - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 24th, 2009, 04:45 PM
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW
I always tell them its for a Custom Application / Race Truck....

Old January 25th, 2009, 12:36 PM
anyone moves..... #238 sold
heres an idea. establish a relationship with a locally owned tire shop, instead of sending your money to a corporate giant. ive never had an issue with my guy, and there are no add ons.

Old January 25th, 2009, 03:46 PM
paul girard
Watch the Sams club computer. I took a 2006 impala from work there to get new tires. I told them- put exactly what was on the car - it had OEM tires.I gave him the year and model and his computer supposedly matched it up. I drove the car back to the office and then did not drive the car for 2 months. When I did I found that the idiots had installed the wrong size on it and they now rub on the inside of the fender when you do a sharp turn. It's my fault for not checking the size was the same but I can't believe they would just change them and not say anything. It had to be obvious to the guy changing the tires that they were different sizes as the sizes is so different that it throws the odometer of by about 4 miles...But they were the cheapest on the price.
Old March 12th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Gore Ranger
1989 RRC

costco is running $70 off BFG AT's as well as the new MT's right now if you buy 4. It is in their latest mailing but they usually have a stack of the mailings in the store too.
Old March 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576
My experiece is already posted but $70 off a hi price and the risk of a shoddy install. Pulled my paperwork and was at American Tire. Price = to the best i could find and the interaction was a happy one. Nice guys to work with.
I'm contemplating thinking about thinking about it!
Old April 16th, 2009, 11:59 AM
SW. Snow
1996 Disco XD
I always knew I had it good because my brother worked at a Dealership, but after reading some of these stories I now know I have it great! Even though my brother doesn't work at a LR Dealership, he is high up enough in the shop that he often just pulls one of my trucks in and works on it while it is up on the rack. I guess I never thought about how good I had it until I read these stories.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

ac, tire