Cost of living in Broomfield CO - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 28th, 2008, 01:25 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Cost of living in Broomfield CO

As it stands I'm moving out to Broomfield in August to go to school for 18 months. I'm trying to get an idea of what the cost of living is like out there. Can't be worse than Northern Va. Also if anyone got the name of a good realtor or places to live that would be great.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2008, 01:39 PM
61rover
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II

Registry
Cost of Living in Broomfiled

The only real issue is housing. Granted, it's not as bad as NVA, but the Denver area is relatively high. West of Broomfield is Boulder County. Growth restrictions, CU, and a desireable location makes the housing prices some of the highest in the State. There is plenty to choose from in Broomfield (It's a combined City/County) or in the neighboring communities of Lousiville, Lafayette, Westminster, Arvada, etc.

I've lived in Denver/Boulder area for nearly 20 years. I also moved from NVA. Let me know if I can help in any way.

There's a great club here called the Solihull Society. Check out the website for meetings and trails.

John
Old February 28th, 2008, 02:03 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Housing need cost no more than a roof tent!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I am so jealous! I was born and raised in Broomfield, CO. Housing prices have gone crazy since Broomfield became a County and it got all "grow'd up." It's cheaper than NoVA, but not by much. Houses are about the same, but I assume you will be renting. Anyway, I love Broomfield and have nothing bad to say about it.

Semper Fi!
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:59 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Cool. The people I've been talking to at the school I'm going to go to were saying renting in the 5-600 range. That sound right? More than likely renting unless I end up with a job out there after school. I've got a lot of things lined up to do while there. Rover,biking,Rocky Mountain Rescue I just need to remember to go to school. Don't have a rooftop tent otherwise I just might consider it.

Jimmy Buffett

Old February 28th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

What school are you going to? I am at CU right now and live in Broomfield. I pay $810 but have a nice apartment all to myself. I have a lot of friends living in Boulder paying less but they have room mates. If you went into Boulder you'd probably be looking closer to $800-$1,000 for a single and need to find a place asap. Most of my friends have already lined up places for the fall in Boulder. Let me know if you want any info etc.
Old February 28th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

Tyler - I met you once through Trevor G. I've got news for you - once you get out here you won't want to go back. Let me know if you need a realtor contact. I know of a good one. Mark
Old February 28th, 2008, 07:35 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Redstone for A/P. There's a chance that a friend of mine will come out with me. That is if she get's off her ass and gets motivated.

Mark- We did? Was it one of the many days I spent at Treasured? I'll let you know about the realtor.

Jimmy Buffett

Old February 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

No, oddly enough, considering the many days we both spent there I don't think we were there at the same time. It was brief. You and Trevor were packing up for MAR at your house when I stopped by to pick up an aluminum deck he made up for me.

16-20 Sept is the National Rally in Moab. If you can work around your school schedule you need to go.

Mark
Old February 28th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

And welcome to the neighborhood--we will have to hook up at some time and grab a beer. Make sure we know when you have made the trip out.
Old February 29th, 2008, 09:23 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Ohhhhhh ok now I remember.

I'll let ya'll know. Probably will be looking for help moving in.

Jimmy Buffett

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
vin