Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman View Post
Sounds juicy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRover View Post
No kidding whats the story Goose?
They met him in person...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2011, 12:14 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
I am no longer involved, I have resigned last Sunday after the meeting.

I saw that as well , sadly they did not make an announcement, simply took down the pictures.

I guess my short time with ROAV does not qualify to have on my avatar " Former Board Member " like others have or deserve an announcement.

If you are not good enough for "former board member" you have to adopt "ex-board member"
Old March 25th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
$$$$$

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2011, 01:53 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Does it have anything to do with John Tackley?
Old March 25th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Well that was part, but no longer active
Old March 25th, 2011, 05:20 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
oh man that sucks, here I was thinking I was aqquiantance (I misspelled tha one) to a player in the roav game.
Gus, I resign to ever acknowledge I ever met you... (until next hh comes around and we get to drinking and chatting)..lol.
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:04 PM
quick128
Trevor Ross
Series 109 diesel

Gus, it's been a while and you have not said anything. What's up? Why are you no longer a board member of ROAV?
Old May 4th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick128 View Post
Gus, it's been a while and you have not said anything. What's up? Why are you no longer a board member of ROAV?

Trevor,

I've kept quiet out of respect, but since that courtesy was not returned by some BOD and decided to make statements behind my back, I think it is okay for me to tell.. it goes something like this...

Many complaints were made about how we were elected, voting members were called and asked how or why the voted like that, I campaigned and requested friends to cast their votes as XYZ.

After that cloud was removed ( as I voiced my perception over the phone ) because if they did not want me there I am fine with that , it was sort of put to bed.

When we had our first meeting on a Saturday in Ashland, old board members showed up while we were in session , They were invited to help transition the BOD, but they stayed throughout ( something I did not like ).

To some BOD member the revision on Proxy Voting of the ByLaws was a top priority ( I assure you it is not - there were plenty of other items requiring immediate attention ) and needless to say, they will not be needed until next election. So I volunteer to Chair the Committee

At one point I took a smoke break ( damn cigarettes ), so upon my return I am told " John Tackley is a member of my committee, so I asked JT, what would he bring to the plate, and I got a response like " a Well of knowledge and expertise ", the thought of the BOD considering him did not settle with me, although it appears it is my fault for not telling some BOD in the meeting OFF, go figure..

So that night I brought home whatever records are available.. the meeting bogged the crap out of me, so Sunday morning I woke up and Audited the books for 16+ straight hours...well you can imagine that after seeing the results and the possibility of BOD considering Mr. Well of Knowledge and Expertise being part of my work, when I have in front of me evidence or years of mistakes, I've chose to resign

I know there are some BOD members that are butt-hurt or holding a pissing moment against me, but they will have to get over it, maybe grow some testicles and tell me in my face what they say behind my back, I doubt they will...and it does put those BOD members that are my friends in a tight spot.

Hope this clears the air
Old May 4th, 2011, 04:51 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

So, let me get this right.

-Tackley was voted off the Board of Directors by his colleagues and members of the club. Perhaps by proxy voting, perhaps not.

-The new Board of Directors has a meeting and invites the old Board of Directors to attend.

-The new Board of Directors place John Tackley, who has just recently been removed from office by his peers, on a by-laws committee to rewrite the part of the by-laws in which permits proxy voting.

I don't know, man, something sounds odd here. I'm a member of ROAV now, and I was a member of ROAV when you left the Board of Directors seat, so I must have been a member when all this went down. Is it normal operating procedure not to notify club members when there is a committee formed? Are club members not notified where there are vacant seats available on a committee?

Besides that, if John Tackley was removed from office by a democratic vote from his peers, who thought it would be a good idea to seat the man on a committee rewriting the by-laws?

I know you can't answer some of these questions, Gus. But damn, someone needs to.
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM
quick128
Trevor Ross
Series 109 diesel

In the past ROAV has done a piss poor job in notifying members of anything that goes on outside of the Rallys. Hopefully this will change for real this time. What Gus is saying sounds kind of fishy and I would like to know more.
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
RED

That is why I said I did not like they were there while in session, because they are at the time regular members, and if they are allowed there so it is every other member

This shouldn't come as a surprise to you based on the emails that were floating around yesterday

GREEN

Beats me, but I think I will let a BOD answer that one ( otherwise it will be I to blame )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman View Post
So, let me get this right.

-Tackley was voted off the Board of Directors by his colleagues and members of the club. Perhaps by proxy voting, perhaps not.

-The new Board of Directors has a meeting and invites the old Board of Directors to attend.

-The new Board of Directors place John Tackley, who has just recently been removed from office by his peers, on a by-laws committee to rewrite the part of the by-laws in which permits proxy voting.

I don't know, man, something sounds odd here. I'm a member of ROAV now, and I was a member of ROAV when you left the Board of Directors seat, so I must have been a member when all this went down. Is it normal operating procedure not to notify club members when there is a committee formed? Are club members not notified where there are vacant seats available on a committee?

Besides that, if John Tackley was removed from office by a democratic vote from his peers, who thought it would be a good idea to seat the man on a committee rewriting the by-laws?

I know you can't answer some of these questions, Gus. But damn, someone needs to.
------ Follow up post added May 4th, 2011 05:50 PM ------

Trevor,

No more to say other than getting into deep details of the aftermath ( Audit )
I think the BOD will start answering questions and or request in the ROAV Website, and as far as communication I am not sure if that will happen for a while as they need to sort out a lot of challenges.

Like I said, not my place to speak ( still holding the Courtesy card for a while )

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick128 View Post
In the past ROAV has done a piss poor job in notifying members of anything that goes on outside of the Rallys. Hopefully this will change for real this time. What Gus is saying sounds kind of fishy and I would like to know more.
Old May 4th, 2011, 06:12 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Jesus Christ, what is the deal with ROAV? These threads read like a bad telenovela.

I'm surprised that people continue to give this club money. Do they have any of it left?
Old May 4th, 2011, 06:29 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
Jesus Christ, what is the deal with ROAV? These threads read like a bad telenovela.

I'm surprised that people continue to give this club money. Do they have any of it left?
x2, why would anyone join and give them *new* money after hearing stuff like this? happy that I'm too busy/lazy to join as of now
Old May 4th, 2011, 08:03 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

I've asked countless times both on the ROAV website and via email to officers and Directors for information about ROAV. I haven't gotten anything to date. The emails do not get responded to and most of the questions I ask on the ROAV website get deleted by the administrator/moderator.

Last night I traded some emails with Doug Crowther, current Board Director. The conversation started off with me asking for a copy of meeting minutes from March 19, 2011; the same meeting Gus talked about above. In those emails Doug called me an "ass", "junk yard dog", "protagonist", and a "fucking hypocrite", then went on to say "I only wish this exchange was face to face since you clearly have no respect for me and I would like to help you develop that attribute". This is how ROAV answers simple questions. They feel threatened and their instinct is to silence anyone who questions their abilities or decision making process. I have been asking for these meeting minutes since at least March 21st. I have yet to see them.

However, for those interested, I would be willing to draft an open letter to the membership stating what I do know, and include what I've heard. I'm sure most would be flabbergasted as to what going on behind the curtain. For instance, ROAV is not a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. To top it off, ROAV has not filed a tax return in 10+ years. Kind of makes you wonder who you're paying when you send in your dues, right?

I'll ask CVC if it's okay to post that letter here in D-90 Source. If not, I'll post it on Dweb and my own website, facebook, the ROAV forum, Land Rovers Only, Land Rover Addict, Pirate, Disco 3, Muddy Oval, My Rover, LRR Forums, etc. Should probably send a copy to the ROAV sponsors, too.

Tally-Ho, Chumps.
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:17 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

My offer stands to help make roav a delaware non-profit corporation if that would be of use to the current board.
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:17 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

I would like to know what is going on with ROAV’s plans as it pertains to the MAR event. It is a fairly expensive trip to Mar for people from NY/NJ (time and money). I had a good time last year but it seemed more of drinking/social trip than an off roading experience where I could learn more about my truck. I don't need to drive 500 miles to drink and camp (and also pay a couple hundred in fees).... I would like to think that there is a plan to improve some of the trails this year. I might not represent everybody’s view point from NJ/NY but I know it is in line with quite a few. Maybe there should be a public update after the meetings so we can all stay informed.
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Thomas,
I have noticed a few current, and past, ROAV leaders reading this thread last night and throughout today. Be interesting to see if you get a response.

Can we gamble on D-90 Source? Is that legal? I would like to put some money in the "no" box.
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:27 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
First let me say I just popped over to the ROAV site to do a quick scan for posts. I see your thread about posts not getting answered, and one about the rausch trip.

I don't think the D90 source is the place to wage this battle. I recommend you start it there. If they delete your posts or something, then let someone else start them, and if enough people contribute I am sure they will not be able to ignore it. But asking here really isn't going to get you answers, despite ROAV board members being readers and even contributors here.

charles
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

What battle?
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:04 PM
LRover
J. Michael McCaig
D90 ST, LR110, Series IIa, RRC

I was going to respond to the discussion taking place here but Charles is absolutley correct, it should be done over on ROAV's board because it concerns all the members, not just a few.

http://www.roav.org/ForumsPro/viewto...3272.html#3272

Mike McCaig
ROAV President 2011

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat