Columbia, SC / Lowcountry Rovers? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 4th, 2006, 12:37 AM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

Columbia, SC / Lowcountry Rovers?

I am most likely moving to Columbia at the end of July to start law school at USC and was wondering if there were any rovers down that way or along the SC coast that way. Also, if so, where you guys might recommend taking the D90 or any other well known shops/mechanics you know. I'm looking forward to getting out of Atlanta and having some more freedom to use the truck on more than tarmac, are there any good trails out that way? Thanks!
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2006, 05:09 PM
dimcon
Chris Goldie
94 D90

Finally. I was begining to think I was all alone here in Columbia. As far as good shops go LR Cola, has always done me right. Every other place I've tried tends to lock the doors when I come rolling up.
Old August 27th, 2006, 07:36 PM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

I've been down in Columbia for a few weeks now and really enjoy the city. There seems to be a ton of RRCs and Discoveries but yet to see a Defender of any shape or form. I was also curious if there is a Land Rover club down this way or people who get together and where they may go to wheel. Any input would be appreciated.
Advertisement

Old August 27th, 2006, 10:06 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I was living in Cola when I rebuilt my truck, and I only met maybe 3 people with Defenders down there - and Chris was the only pleasant guy to talk to - the others were stuck up students whose parents bought them expensive toys.

I'll second Chris's endorsement of LR Columbia - they've always taken care of me and anyone I sent there. If Justin is still in parts, then he's the guy to talk to. Stay away from Steve. They have at least one tech there that is the Defender guru.
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:53 PM
dimcon
Chris Goldie
94 D90

PM me I would be happy to show my truck, although she's a bit naked right now. I need to see and touch another Defender to get my motivation back and get mine finished, too long without it.

Shame you moved away Jim I was looking forward to exploiting you for some help.

Justin is not in parts anymore, helluva guy but disorganized and overwhelmed. They brought Steve back and thats why I haven't bought parts from them in a while. Also talk to Barkley at LR Cola he can probably steer you to some people to wheel with. I just don't have the time and don't really like a lot of the wheelers around here.
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:58 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Thats good that Barkley is still around, he's a good dude, and the only person I'd talk to in sales. Steve is a penis.

Chris, you can still pick my brain if you want. I was pretty happy to get back to the west coast (seattle is home) but I was hoping to see your truck come back to life.
Old August 28th, 2006, 01:31 PM
dimcon
Chris Goldie
94 D90

It would be easier to mail your brain to me, cause I've got a bunch of questions. I was standing at the truck last night, wrenchs in hand and not a clue where I left off or what I needed to do next. I guess the cooler wheather has my interest back up so I'm going to stay on it and finish.
Old August 28th, 2006, 01:36 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Call me anytime at my new cel - 206-779-9724. I also have a bunch of photos of my install if you have an account with a big inbox. Either that or I can maybe mail you a CD.
Old August 28th, 2006, 01:54 PM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

Chris, what part of Cola are you in? I live right next to the USC campus on Greene St so convenient to cola proper for sure
Old August 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM
dimcon
Chris Goldie
94 D90

I'm out on the northeast side Clemson Rd. Do you live right there at Pickens and Green. I'm doing alot of work on the campus but haven't seen a defender around.
Old August 28th, 2006, 05:16 PM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

Address is 1835 Greene St, its a couple streets down toward 5 points. I usually park off the street in a rear lot but its there on the street sometimes. I'll make a conscious effort to park it there in the next week if you want to ride by.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat