Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 26th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

Columbia, Maryland D90

Hi,

I was off work yesterday, and doing some stuff arround the house............One thing I did was go to Home Depot. It was a Friday - and if I can advoid going on a weekend I ALWAYS will! One thing about that store - it has an entirely different personality if you can get there on a weekday, versus a weekend. It is usually empty, has 'some' help, and often no line to checkout.......the weekends arround here are crazy at that store!

Anyway - I drove my Black D90. When I came out I had a note on my window that complimented my truck, said they had a 1997 Green SW, and wished me a good day. If you are on this board - Thanks! That note cheered me up - my day was not going that well, and I needed that!

Interestingly enought, my cousin also passed a guy, the same day, coming out of a Columbia Borders Books wearing a D90 T-shirt. He knew what it was because I wear mine all the time...........

I just wanted to say how cool it is to be part of this small D90 community.

I know there are at least 3 D90s in Columbia. My black ST, a white ST, and a green SW. I think the three of us are all on this board. I am sure I will meet you guys in person someday...............

Flagg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 26th, 2006, 07:57 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg
Hi,

I was off work yesterday, and doing some stuff arround the house............One thing I did was go to Home Depot. It was a Friday - and if I can advoid going on a weekend I ALWAYS will! One thing about that store - it has an entirely different personality if you can get there on a weekday, versus a weekend. It is usually empty, has 'some' help, and often no line to checkout.......the weekends arround here are crazy at that store!

Anyway - I drove my Black D90. When I came out I had a note on my window that complimented my truck, said they had a 1997 Green SW, and wished me a good day. If you are on this board - Thanks! That note cheered me up - my day was not going that well, and I needed that!

Interestingly enought, my cousin also passed a guy, the same day, coming out of a Columbia Borders Books wearing a D90 T-shirt. He knew what it was because I wear mine all the time...........

I just wanted to say how cool it is to be part of this small D90 community.

I know there are at least 3 D90s in Columbia. My black ST, a white ST, and a green SW. I think the three of us are all on this board. I am sure I will meet you guys in person someday...............

Flagg
i was at home depot yesterday too, but no note for me, how sad
I see a green d90 on 100 all the time, always going the other direction though
Old August 27th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

yeah, I've been looking for guys around too. Maybe we should set up a local wheeling day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 27th, 2006, 03:40 PM
mjekogian
Michael Jekogian
1997/ Defender ST

Registry
There is now another Black 97 just noth of you in syksville. I was just in Colubia today
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:15 PM
d90xjay
J Phillips
1997 D90 SW

Hey Bert that was me. You had parked right by my Mustang. Nice to see your truck up close. We had the same idea of avoiding that HD on a weekend. Man I hate that store. Glad to have cheered you up. I haven't driven mine in about a month. Haven't had a chance to replace my gas filler lines. Last time I filled up, gas came pooring out of a dryrot crack on my tank breather hose.
Old August 28th, 2006, 01:11 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I drove my truck for almost a year with a dry rot crack in my tank breather hose! Get a double-ended hose repair fitting if you want a quick fix, but obviously the real fix is to drop the tank and fit a new hose. Its easy, but its a PITA.
Old August 28th, 2006, 01:44 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Or just don't fill it all the way . . .
Old August 28th, 2006, 01:46 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
Yeah, I mean its not on the exhaust side or anything!
Old August 28th, 2006, 08:21 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
dear lord not filling all the way would mean getting gas like every other drive in a d90!

we could always go wheeling at the coca cola drive pit, it's really lame, but has some hills.
Old August 29th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

I have never seen the coco Cola Drive Pit - is that a place you are allowed to go 4-wheeling? It may be lame, but it sure is close to Columbia. I assume you are talking about somewhere off Coca Cola Drive off of route 100?

Right now my muffler is being held on by 4 hangers........let me get that fixed........and maybe we will meet up. And maybe we can meet up for a happy hour or something before........

D90Xjay - thanks for the note!!!! Look forward to when your Green D90 is back on the road!

Later,

Flagg
Old August 29th, 2006, 11:31 PM
94Rover
KCB
NONE

Well, I too am in Columbia, and I see all of you all of the time in various places. I never leave notes, however I do comment to my wife all the time that I wonder why nobody in or around Columbia speaks up on The D-90 Source. I am always taking walks with my wife and kids and just about always see the white s/t 90 in my neighborhood, and my 5 year old always asks "did you see the Defender dad? Glad to see the white s/t in my neighborhood especially after my other neighbor sold his 97 white hardtop.
Old August 30th, 2006, 08:21 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Rover
Well, I too am in Columbia, and I see all of you all of the time in various places. I never leave notes, however I do comment to my wife all the time that I wonder why nobody in or around Columbia speaks up on The D-90 Source. I am always taking walks with my wife and kids and just about always see the white s/t 90 in my neighborhood, and my 5 year old always asks "did you see the Defender dad? Glad to see the white s/t in my neighborhood especially after my other neighbor sold his 97 white hardtop.
yea, i live right down the street from that guy, saddly i bought mine afte5r he sold his...

do you have a winch on your rover?

i don't know if you are allowed to 4 wheel at the place i'm thinking, but there sure isn't anyone stopping the people! and yes it is the coca cola on 100
Old August 30th, 2006, 08:52 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I didnt have to drop the tank to replace my filler hose??
Old August 30th, 2006, 11:03 AM
94Rover
KCB
NONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkavan01
yea, i live right down the street from that guy, saddly i bought mine afte5r he sold his...

do you have a winch on your rover?

i don't know if you are allowed to 4 wheel at the place i'm thinking, but there sure isn't anyone stopping the people! and yes it is the coca cola on 100

Yes, I have a winch on my Rover. I had the opportunity to chat with Boyd (White 97 hardtop) several times. I didn't know he was putting his 97 on the market, however the vette that he purchased is just as nice. It was only after seeing him one afternoon and asking him how the 90 was doing that I found out he sold it on eBay. I wish I knew he was going to let it go, I would have somehow put the money together to purchase it.

There are 5 more D-90's in and around Columbia that don't come out of their owners garages very often. 1 Arles Blue h/t, two red 90's both s/t's, 1 black 97 s/t (Clarksville), and a british racing green s/t over on the west side of Columbia, near the hospital.
Old August 30th, 2006, 11:52 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Rover
Yes, I have a winch on my Rover. I had the opportunity to chat with Boyd (White 97 hardtop) several times. I didn't know he was putting his 97 on the market, however the vette that he purchased is just as nice. It was only after seeing him one afternoon and asking him how the 90 was doing that I found out he sold it on eBay. I wish I knew he was going to let it go, I would have somehow put the money together to purchase it.

There are 5 more D-90's in and around Columbia that don't come out of their owners garages very often. 1 Arles Blue h/t, two red 90's both s/t's, 1 black 97 s/t (Clarksville), and a british racing green s/t over on the west side of Columbia, near the hospital.
so sad garage queens... mine spend a good portion of the week in the garage bc my 30 mile commute to work each direction is a pain, but if i'm not heading to work i drive the d90 everywhere... that is until i save up enough to do a diesel conversion and galvy frame swap!
Old August 30th, 2006, 12:29 PM
d90xjay
J Phillips
1997 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
I didnt have to drop the tank to replace my filler hose??
On the filler neck, no, but the breather vent line that loops back to the filler neck, yes.

Did't now about the 100 Coca Cola site. But having been wheeling with some friends where I should have been before and a buddy getting a ticket for it, scares me away from that.
Old August 30th, 2006, 12:32 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

"Yeah, I mean its not on the exhaust side or anything!"

Exactly, it is on the other side so why worry.

I mean its not like I have ever driven an unsafe truck 3000 miles at 110mph or anything . . .
Old August 30th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

seriously guys, when are we wheeling? If anybody's interested I can arrange a private farm in western ho. co. for a day.
Old August 30th, 2006, 09:00 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treuwer
seriously guys, when are we wheeling? If anybody's interested I can arrange a private farm in western ho. co. for a day.
now that sounds promising! unfortunetly i'm booked solid for the next two weeks! stupid weddings, wwho gets married anyways... oh wait...
Old August 31st, 2006, 11:13 PM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

The private farm sounds interesting...........

I am also booked the next few weeks.......and I need to get my exhaust and gas tank skid plate fixed.......should do that in September.

The fall seems to be evaperating fast - and it has not even started. Between Weddings, Raven's games, neice's babtism, AND baby planning

My wife and I are 21 weeks pregnant with our first baby........Due January 10th. WE are very excited - the time commitment has started all ready as we begin to prepare our house and nursery!

-----------------------

All this said - I would love to meet up with all of you at some point............If we went to 'the farm' I am sure that everyone could teach me a lot about off-roading. I have been on easy trails at Paragon once, down to asseteague many times on the sand, of couse the snow, and a few other minor times off-road............but with that said, I feel that I am pretty much a novice when it comes to off-road........

Look forward to meeting you all at some point...........

Flagg

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d90, maryland