Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 1st, 2006, 07:07 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg
The private farm sounds interesting...........

I am also booked the next few weeks.......and I need to get my exhaust and gas tank skid plate fixed.......should do that in September.

The fall seems to be evaperating fast - and it has not even started. Between Weddings, Raven's games, neice's babtism, AND baby planning

My wife and I are 21 weeks pregnant with our first baby........Due January 10th. WE are very excited - the time commitment has started all ready as we begin to prepare our house and nursery!

-----------------------

All this said - I would love to meet up with all of you at some point............If we went to 'the farm' I am sure that everyone could teach me a lot about off-roading. I have been on easy trails at Paragon once, down to asseteague many times on the sand, of couse the snow, and a few other minor times off-road............but with that said, I feel that I am pretty much a novice when it comes to off-road........

Look forward to meeting you all at some point...........

Flagg
you are not pregnant, she is, so your free as a bee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 1st, 2006, 02:04 PM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

Trevor,

True - she is the one physically pregnant. However, I want to be there every step of the way. I am looking very foward to being a 'dad' - and want to try to be the best one that I can.

I like to say "we" are pregnant.........because, just like everything else since I married my best friend back in 1999............we are in this together.......

Flagg
Old September 1st, 2006, 06:23 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Trevor,

True - she is the one physically pregnant. However, I want to be there every step of the way. I am looking very foward to being a 'dad' - and want to try to be the best one that I can.

I like to say "we" are pregnant.........because, just like everything else since I married my best friend back in 1999............we are in this together.......

Flagg

Good for you Bert, great outlook.
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2006, 08:06 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Trevor,

Flagg
I hope you didn't take me seriously!
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:31 AM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

Trevor - Nah! You put the classic smile after your message!

We have just spend a while to get this point - while friend after friend got pregnant. This is our first. I am out in LA visiting my sisters 6 week old baby for the first time! I am in the phase where I am realizing how much of a miricle having a baby is. I never realized all this before my wife and I tried to get pregnant!

DEFENDER Question - has anyone put a car seat in a Defender. We have another car that will be the primary baby car - but - what if we go to the beach or something? How about you Kevin - what about your 5 year old??

Bert
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:47 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:

We have just spend a while to get this point - while friend after friend got pregnant. This is our first. I am out in LA visiting my sisters 6 week old baby for the first time! I am in the phase where I am realizing how much of a miricle having a baby is. I never realized all this before my wife and I tried to get pregnant!

DEFENDER Question - has anyone put a car seat in a Defender. We have another car that will be the primary baby car - but - what if we go to the beach or something? How about you Kevin - what about your 5 year old??

Bert
my brothers and sisters have 4.85 kids right now, i now all about the miracle of life! i know even more about the miracle of high pitched crying, which means my hearing is still good and i'm too young!
Old September 3rd, 2006, 08:57 PM
94Rover
KCB
NONE

Quote:

Bert
Bert-I see no real problem with a car seat in the rear of your 90. It is a 2 passenger bench seat correct? You may find it stressful placing the seat in and taking it out daily. I know two s/t owners that used their 90's during the warmer days to tote their infants around during short trips.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 09:09 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
a little late but you poor soul. I see you have a station wagon. put the wife in the back and the baby in the front, itll be easy for you to slap and yall will be in the better part of the roll cage should you need it. godspeed

Follow-up Post:

what number is your SW?
Old September 4th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

I have a ST D90 - with a hard top currently on it. I am #2465.

That is great to know that the car seat will fit in the Defender, in the back (I do have that bench seat). ALSO that is a good point to fit the Car seat in the FRONT......and my wife in the back. I never thought of that option - because we live in such an 'airbag' world! I guess you can fully put a child in the front seat of a car with no airbabs.......

Leigh has a VW Passat - that will be the baby car - but I am thinking what if we go somewhere cool in the Defender......Like the beach....or the mountains.........or the local monthly Columbia D90 meetings that we will have to get started

Flagg
Old September 4th, 2006, 01:54 PM
94Rover
KCB
NONE

I was going to suggest putting the car seat in the front seat since there are no airbags, however I was trying to respect those naysayers that believe those parents that put their babies in the front seat are doomed. You may have to ignore a few people that want to stop you and give you an earfull but it's not a problem due to the lack of driver and passenger airbags. I'm sure your newborn will be 4 or 5 months before you feel comfortable placing the car seat in the front, but the child will get a thrill out of looking over at pops while traveling in the best4x4xfar.
Old November 1st, 2006, 10:57 PM
94Rover
KCB
NONE

A New D90 Owner in Columbia-FYI

I was checking out http://www.bvlr.com and noticed that there is a Marc in Columbia that purchased a 94 D-90 from Bear Valley. Congrats. And maybe I will see you in your 90 around town.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:49 PM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

Speaking of new owners- I was at the "West" columbia dealer today, saw a yellow 97. I asked the guy what he wanted for it and he said it was sold, within two days of them getting it.

Who has it now?

I need to get some wheeling in... where are these meetings?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d90, maryland