Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 13th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
Regardless, a seller needs to disclose that the vehicle used to have a salvage title, do they not?
In all the time that I've known Wayne, he has always disclosed when a vehicle was salvage, or even rebuilt from salvage. Furthermore, in instances where he rebuilt a vehicle from salvage, he always disclosed what part of the vehicle had been repaired.

I cannot offer you any explanation as to you why Jerry is not doing the same regarding this 110.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Weird - you can call and talk to Wayne, but Wayne can't call his friend and tell him to delist something on eBay....

Weird, smells a little fishy...not aimed at you Will - just an observation from someone without a dog in the fight, and watching from the sidelines.
Craig,

I hear you. And, I'd probably be right there with you if I hadn't spoken with him myself. I suspect he may be out of pocket. As stated previously, he traveling to tend to the passing of a close family friend. I would think that such an event likely takes priority over this matter.

Quote:
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:12 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

If everyone was as honest and forthright as Wayne, the world would be a much better place. I have bought from and sold to him, been to his business and never had a mishap or 'misunderstanding' in any of our dealings. In fact, I met both Wayne and Will when buying my first salvage 90 around 15 years ago, and have enjoyed friendships with them both since.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
I wonder who "won" it?
Old May 23rd, 2014, 02:59 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Looks like Wayne is trying to buy a NAS 110 frame with title now.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pts/4469730707.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...469723732.html

DEFENDER 110-1993 FRAME WITH TITLE (ANYWHERE)

Contact by phone: 404 849-3241
Contact name: Wayne
Contact by e-mail: xzqj2-4469723732@sale.craigslist.org

wanted 1993 land rover NAS FRAME WITH TITLE

DEFENDER 110-1993 FRAME WITH TITLE

wanted 1993 land rover NAS FRAME WITH TITLE--SALVAGE OR GOOD
Old May 23rd, 2014, 03:13 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Looks like Wayne is trying to buy a NAS 110 frame with title now.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pts/4469730707.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...469723732.html

DEFENDER 110-1993 FRAME WITH TITLE (ANYWHERE)

Contact by phone: 404 849-3241
Contact name: Wayne
Contact by e-mail: xzqj2-4469723732@sale.craigslist.org

wanted 1993 land rover NAS FRAME WITH TITLE

DEFENDER 110-1993 FRAME WITH TITLE

wanted 1993 land rover NAS FRAME WITH TITLE--SALVAGE OR GOOD
How'd you score the contact info? Wasn't listed on the ad. So I guess good 'ol Wayne DIDN'T have a title afterall (as claimed)!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old May 23rd, 2014, 03:18 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
How'd you score the contact info? Wasn't listed on the ad.
If you click on the contact button of the ad Wayne's phone # shows up.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old May 23rd, 2014, 03:38 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
If you click on the contact button of the ad Wayne's phone # shows up.

It seems that I need more practice using my computer machine thingy .
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old May 23rd, 2014, 03:52 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
It seems that I need more practice using my computer machine thingy .
Are you at Friday HH already??

On this topic though, how/where is Wayne going to acquire a usable title for this 110 in question?
What scenario would provide that?

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old May 23rd, 2014, 04:12 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Be careful with the NAS 110 title, frame and plaque # line of questions. Some here hide behind their keyboard yet are quick to have their attorney fire off a letter. Yes, one was related to an innocuous post of mine.
Old May 23rd, 2014, 04:56 PM
rovertrader
Dale

Russell- That same self appointed Rover police blasted me on my last Ebay listing too

Old May 23rd, 2014, 05:08 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
How'd you score the contact info? Wasn't listed on the ad. So I guess good 'ol Wayne DIDN'T have a title afterall (as claimed)!
You misspeak I am afraid. Wayne never claimed to have a title. This issue has already been thoroughly vetted in this thread.

Quote:
Old May 23rd, 2014, 06:35 PM
rovertrader
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
I don't know how he or his associates are connected, but when this thing first hit ebay, it wasn't a parts only transaction. Splitting hairs to say he didn't but his associate did. I understand you personally know Wayne, but the guy that put it on ebay is the cause of misinformation, not Lav.

-Jeff
But if I recall, once Wayne was made aware, it was pulled??

Old May 23rd, 2014, 08:27 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
You misspeak I am afraid. Wayne never claimed to have a title. This issue has already been thoroughly vetted in this thread.
Unfortunately you are completely incorrect. And I have a plethora of correspondence to prove it. I realize you were in some odd way involved in this transaction, to which I still can't figure out how or why, but your statement above is false.

And further more, it IS your boy Wayne is now fishing around for a secondary title for this thing as is apparent from the prior posts. So the earlier claims from you that he "knew nothing" about what was going on with the truck or the eBay auction are quite frankly total bullshit.

I suggest that if you really don't have anything to gain from the situation that you distance yourself rather than trying to call me out on my posts about what you claim is me "misspeaking".
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old May 23rd, 2014, 09:20 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Listen, I'm not here to get into a pissing contest with you and I'm not saying that you are being purposefully untruthful. I gathered from your post that you were simply not remembering the previous discussion correctly.

I know what I was told, and I got my information directly from the source. Your post was in contradiction to the information I have and the information that I posted previously. I have no idea what you've been told. I've been very forthright with my information. If you know something that contradicts that information or proves otherwise, then by all means, please, do share. But, don't hold it out there as a threat to my credibility.

I have known Wayne longer than this board has been in existence, and I have never known him to be untruthful. If he is looking for a donor then it is simply to be used in the manner I previously stated. The Colorado truck can be used to rebuild another Defender. It just can't be used as the same Defender with the previous identity. There is nothing wrong with finding another rover to use as the basis for a rebuild.

Rest assured that my post was not meant to be an attack. I have no issue with you and I have no stake in any transaction where this 110 is concerned. I never have. In the face of extreme prejudice and skepticism, I'm only sticking up for someone I have long considered to be a good friend. Do you take issue with that?

Quote:
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:11 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Back up for sale by Wayne yet again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-LAND-RO...#ht_236wt_1153

highmax13 (89 )

Starting Bid: US $10,000.00 Reserve not met [ 0 bids ]
1993 Land Rover Defender 1101993 Land Rover Defender 110 1993 LAND ROVER DEFENDER NAS 110

Item Location:
Decatur, Georgia, United States

Mileage: 90,759

VIN: SALDH1286PA920442

VEHICLE TITLE: Clear -----> Say what?

COME SEE THIS TRUCK AND GO OVER IT WITH A FINE TOOTH COMB--YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED

THIS DEFENDER 110 IS THE BEST YOU CAN GET--SINCE I PURCHASED IT I HAVE REPLACED THE CLUTCH AND PRESSURE PLATE--WHEN I GOT THIS TRUCK I HAD ALL FLUIDS CHANGED--IT HAD FLOOD DAMAGE IN PART OF THE FLOOR--WE REPLACED SOME FUSES AND RELAYS AND IT STARTED RIGHT UP--SINCE 2005 THE OWNER BEFORE ME SPENT OVER 30K AT A LAND ROVER

ON REPAIRS --THE LAST IN JULY 2012 THE T CASE WAS RESEALED AND A DISC BRAKE CONVERSION WAS DONE--

IF I GET GOOD ENOUGH MONEY I WILL STOP THE AUCTION---

I AM A DEALER AND KNOW WHAT ITS WORTH----WAYNE 404 849 3241 SO CK YOUR CARFAX AND NMVTIS TO BE SURE
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Wayne
wayne gayre
1997 D-90

The last time it brought 90k on ebay--it was run thru a shop who did not know that the title was not processed yet --so it could not be sold
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:35 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
I should say it's the second time for sale since Wayne bought it. Should the Vehicle Title read "Clear" though?
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Wayne
wayne gayre
1997 D-90

Yes-i have owned for 8 months--clear title---i am the third owner-- dealer in ca was first owner--
Old July 28th, 2014, 04:59 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Kind of ironic that you can still find the history of this 110 on SalvageBid.com and elsewhere. Like I mentioned earlier in this tread, the truck has gone through a double wash, perhaps triple.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
colorado