Old January 10th, 2014, 09:52 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
So I guess there goes the claims that this truck would never have a title and would be scarred for life? Is there an "I told you so" emoticon for others to use?
I think the issue here is that the truck is being flipped so quickly that the information from the insurance company to the Autochecks and Carfax's of the world hasn't yet been received/processed. This is how some people sell salvaged trucks to unsuspecting buyers who think they're doing their due dilligence by running those checks (which come back clean). The seller isn't saying it's salvaged unless pointedly asked that specific question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
So I guess there goes the claims that this truck would never have a title and would be scarred for life? Is there an "I told you so" emoticon for others to use?
If this comment is directed towards me, I would suggest that you go back and re-read my posts. I never said that someone wouldn't be able to get a title for the vehicle, only that they shouldn't. (see post, http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...8&postcount=27) And, on any account, I would not speak so soon regarding the matter.....

As to the "scarred for life" comment, just do a quick Google search of the VIN # (here, I'll make it easy for you):

https://www.google.com/#q=SALDH1286PA920442

Apparently, doing one's due diligence has already educated at least one prospective buyer. And, that lead them here to re-ignition of this thread. Like they say, once you put it on the internet, it will stay there forever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Jerry is not answering his phone anymore.... - goes to VM
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post

-Jeff

Sir, you are entitled to your freedom of expression. It, however, does not make you right.

Quote:
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:29 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Anybody who has ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE should report the ad to EBay if this is the case. They don't take kindly to people trying to defraud other people on their website.
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
Sir, you are entitled to your freedom of expression. It, however, does not make you right.
Someone is a little touchy this am.....Will I think Jeff directed that at Jason by the looks of it.
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:34 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
If this comment is directed towards me, I would suggest that you go back and re-read my posts. I never said that someone wouldn't be able to get a title for the vehicle, only that they shouldn't. (see post, http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...8&postcount=27) And, on any account, I would not speak so soon regarding the matter.....

As to the "scarred for life" comment, just do a quick Google search of the VIN # (here, I'll make it easy for you):

https://www.google.com/#q=SALDH1286PA920442

Apparently, doing one's due diligence has already educated at least one prospective buyer. And, that lead them here to re-ignition of this thread. Like they say, once you put it on the internet, it will stay there forever.
Not directed to anyone in particular, but it does appear as if the below statements were incorrect...and it was not the "end o' story" if it did get a title (even if it's still got a misty history).

Quote:
Per Colorado law, it CANNOT BE TITLED again in any state. May be used for parts only.

Quote:
This of course is in addition to the fact that the title has been cancelled (i.e., "junked") and as such the vehicle can no longer be titled or registered.....anywhere....ever. End o' story.

Thanks for playing.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old January 10th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Someone is a little touchy this am.....Will I think Jeff directed that at Jason by the looks of it.
It was directed at me.

------ Follow up post added January 10th, 2014 10:44 AM ------

Quote:
Not directed to anyone in particular, but it does appear as if the below statements were incorrect...and it was not the "end o' story" if it did get a title (even if it's still got a misty history).
The statements are not incorrect and I stand by them.

Quote:
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:46 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:

The statements are not incorrect and I stand by them.
Easy on the double negatives .

But you stand by your statement that the vehicle can never be titled anywhere ever again (ever) even though it's for sale currently with a title?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old January 10th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Doesnt make it wrong either.

you are among friends, its a joke, have a sense of humor

-Jeff

Jeff, thanks for the clarification, although, it was a littler hard to see when typed in white. Honestly, I do have a sense of humor and I'll try keep that in mind from here out. I just didn't find your reply to be humorous given the context. Regardless, no worries, we're good.

------ Follow up post added January 10th, 2014 11:02 AM ------

Quote:

But you stand by your statement that the vehicle can never be titled anywhere ever again (ever) even though it's for sale currently with a title?
Yes, I stand by my statement that, "Per Colorado law, it CANNOT BE TITLED again in any state. May be used for parts only."

The 2nd quote you posted of mine flows from the first quote of mine which you posted. Consequently, I stand behind both of them as true and accurate statements of the law.

Whether an individual chooses to follow the law is not something which is within my purview or control. For instance, if you see that the speed limit on a given road is 55 mph hour, then you cannot exceed the posted speed limit of 55 mph. However, if you choose to drive 75 mph on the same road when you know the speed limit to be 55 mph, and an officer of the law happens to take notice, well then may God have mercy on your soul......

Quote:
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:25 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:

The 2nd quote you posted of mine flows from the first quote of mine which you posted. Consequently, I stand behind both of them as true and accurate statements of the law.
So the letter-of-the-law states the verbiage "End o' story" and "Thanks for playing"? Weird . Seems more like interjected opinion, but hey that's why you're the law-talking guy and I'm just a guy on the forum. But if I was in the courtroom I'd totally call for a bad court thingy to get it thrown out.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old January 10th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
well according to the seller they are going to have a "clean" (It was a flooded vehicle - giggle) title for it...word I got was it will not have a salvage title, but they are saying they bought it at auction, and it had water damage.
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:36 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:

Wait, it's currently for sale with a title? All I see in his decription is "CALL JERRY 4048348229" and that it's a 1992 Defender, and that the mileage is 70,000 when the odometer showed 90,628 just last month...
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:43 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Wait, it's currently for sale with a title? All I see in his decription is "CALL JERRY 4048348229" and that it's a 1992 Defender, and that the mileage is 70,000 when the odometer showed 90,628 just last month...
From ebay ad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay
Item specifics
Condition:
Used: A vehicle is considered used if it has been registered and issued a title. Used vehicles have had at least one previous owner. The condition of the exterior, interior and engine can vary depending on the vehicle's history. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): SALDH1286PA920442
Year: 1993
Transmission: Manual
Make: Land Rover
Body Type: Wagon
Model: Defender
Vehicle Title: Clear
Trim: 8
Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player
Engine: 8
Safety Features: Anti-Lock Brakes
Drive Type: 4WD
Power Options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control
Mileage: 90,000
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Exterior Color: White
For Sale By: Dealer
Interior Color: Black
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Number of Cylinders: 8
CALL JERRY 4048348229
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old January 10th, 2014, 11:59 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
From ebay ad:
That's just the seller being deceptive. It also says it has Anti-lock brakes and Cruise Control. As Jonesy said, he is going to apparently get a clean title for it, which implies it does not currently have one. It at least looks like he went back and changed the year to 1993 and updated the mileage a bit.
Old January 10th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
So the letter-of-the-law states the verbiage "End o' story" and "Thanks for playing"? Weird . Seems more like interjected opinion, but hey that's why you're the law-talking guy and I'm just a guy on the forum. But if I was in the courtroom I'd totally call for a bad court thingy to get it thrown out.
I take your response to be a little tongue-in-cheek by your use of reductio ad absurdum. But, no matter how I choose to emphasize my point (e.g., "End o' story" and "Thanks for playing"), the fact is that the law is very clear in this matter.

At any rate, I feel like we are having a bit of a Ron Burgundy "San Diego" type moment here, so let's just shake hands and "agree to disagree".

Oh, and let me just say that, if we were in a courtroom......you would lose. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Old January 10th, 2014, 01:51 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Defender buying decisions are easy: if you're not sure, then you're sure.

/
/
/
/
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Hypothetical question here for you legal Defender scholar types...

Is it at all possible that someone paid someone a little $omething extra to clear up that title problem?

It happens all the time in other arenas, I'm sure it happens in the car title business too.

Just curious...

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:36 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
Hypothetical question here for you legal Defender scholar types...

Is it at all possible that someone paid someone a little $omething extra to clear up that title problem?

It happens all the time in other arenas, I'm sure it happens in the car title business too.

Just curious...
Anything is possible. Plenty of slime that will "omit" things for a payoff.
Old January 10th, 2014, 03:56 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I think Will's point's and opinions are well stated and well founded. Backed by factual experiences and examples. The statements he has made here are only to educate any potential buyers of this vehicle or another vehicle with the same sort of "stigma" attached to it.

While others may have different opinions about this vehicle in particular the fact remains that the vehicle in question will have insurance companies in the USA documenting it as a totaled and salvage vehicle that may or may not be an insurance risk for an insurance company or its insured. So on paper it should not carry the same value to an unsuspecting buyer. I personally would not suggest anyone purchase it for more then parts.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
colorado