CO snowboarding trip - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 23rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

CO snowboarding trip

I will be in CO over Presedents day weekend. is there any good places to rent any kinda of Rover for the weekend? I wll be flying into Denver and heading up to Breckenridge. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Damn snowboarders.......

I don't know of anyone who specifically rents Rovers. I think Hertz may rent LR3's. I had one of those blow by me in sunday's blizzard while driving up through southern colorado. It was a humorous difference in perspective. He was flying up the road like he stole somethin', relying on some new fangled traction control, probably watching a DVD while he was farting into his heated seats. I, on the other hand, was putt-ing along in the old 110 hoping the defroster would keep up with the ice on the windshield. I can't help but feel he was missing out on the whole Land Rover experience. On second thought, an LR3 may be just the ticket to take to Breckenridge. If you run into any troubles while you're out here, give me a holler.

Rod
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:56 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Rod is right; you can rent an LR3 from Hertz at the airport.

If my Doc gives me the ok to get back to skiing we might be able to hook up, but till my neck heals and finish my physical therapy there will be no skiing for me
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2007, 12:06 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

what happened to you this time?
Old January 24th, 2007, 12:24 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello

thanks a lot Rod and Yousef! i might have to get my hands on one of those LR3s and see what they are made of.

it might be weird looking at the Land Rover logo on the steering wheel and listening to 10 or so speakers blast music, while not hearing a single noise from the outside elements as I watch a DVD in heated plush leather seats... oh the luxury!!

you guys are more than welcome to meet up with me if you want. it will be my first time out in CO. i got a house at Breck with a couple of guys (mens weekend away form the ladies).
Old January 24th, 2007, 03:17 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Tis, I crashed pretty hard at A-Basin. I have a fractured neck and damaged nerve. I can't feel my middle fingers on both hands which suck if you know what I mean

Daniel, I might gather few LR guys and hit the slopes that weekend. Hoping I'll be good to go.
Old January 24th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88

you guys are more than welcome to meet up with me if you want. it will be my first time out in CO.
Thanks for the kind offer.
They say you only have so many moguls in you, and I believe I ran over my limit some time ago. My days on the planks are pretty well behind me now. I wish I could recommend places to go or things to do, but I haven't spent much time in the area recently. I am partial to some of the beverages served at Breckenridge Brewery

Hope you have a great time.
Old January 24th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Andrew Vick
Andrew Vick
95 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hayward
They say you only have so many moguls in you, and I believe I ran over my limit some time ago. My days on the planks are pretty well behind me now. I wish I could recommend places to go or things to do, but I haven't spent much time in the area recently. I am partial to some of the beverages served at Breckenridge Brewery

Hope you have a great time.

Bullshit, Rod. Weren't you up here on a hut trip last year? No more bumps, but shelve the thought of no more planks. Blasphemy!
Old January 25th, 2007, 12:37 AM
ini88
Daniel Marcello

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
Daniel, I might gather few LR guys and hit the slopes that weekend. Hoping I'll be good to go.
im sure the slopes should be good. the east coast is horrible this year. no snow in New York yet! ive been ice boarding for about 15 or so years and this will be my first time out in CO for some real.... what do you call it??? powder!??? the fluffy stuff!??? haha. ice in the east, snow in the west. i cant wait

oh yeah and im patial to the Breckenridge Brewery. sounds like a good watering hole to me
Old January 25th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Vick
Bullshit, Rod. Weren't you up here on a hut trip last year? No more bumps, but shelve the thought of no more planks. Blasphemy!
HA,HA! You're right, of course, Andrew! Blasphemy indeed!
I'm not much more than a pack animal anymore, though.
I have a couple months to get my broken-down ass in shape for Goodwin/Green hut.
There's supposed to be some good skiing around that one.

I sound like such a whiner. Thanks for the reality check.

Sorry for the hijack, Daniel.
Old January 25th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Seanh
Sean Hanagan
94 D90 ST #910 Matilda

I'm blacked out Pres weekend here in Eagle County so I may make my way over to Summit. Keep me up to date. I haven't seen Yousef in years! I owe him a few beers for those sliders.
Old January 25th, 2007, 09:20 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

I went out west last year after skiing the east all my life. You have no idea what you're in for! It's going to be amazing!
Old January 25th, 2007, 09:53 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Daniel, almost every time I'm up there I run into people from the EC and they all say the same thing, Icy slopes. You might also want to consider the Damn brewery in Silverthorne; I hear they have some good stuff. I would say ask Keith Armstrong but he bailed on us on the way to Moab.

Sean, did the sliders work for you? I'll take you up on the beers, but I'd rather have shots

Rod, how do you like your commute on I-25 NB AM?
Old January 25th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Seanh
Sean Hanagan
94 D90 ST #910 Matilda

Quote:
You might also want to consider the Damn brewery in Silverthorne
The beer and food are superior to Breck Brewery

Quote:
Sean, did the sliders work for you? I'll take you up on the beers, but I'd rather have shots
They are still bent and red but I'm working on it. Shots it is then!
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:40 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanh
They are still bent and red but I'm working on it. Shots it is then!
Dude, don't tell me they are on your 90. If you or your wife heading down this way bring the sliders. I will fix them up for you, or try atleast You can always come over. I can get few guys over at my house, pizza, beer, and weld away.
Old January 26th, 2007, 05:33 AM
kevb
Kevin Barrett
2005 90 TD5

Jeez, you guys and your talk of all that powder are making me sooo jelous. We were in Vail last winter after spending New Year on a Bill Burke trip in Moab but cant get over this year. Scotland at the moment is wet and miserable, snow on the hills but the skiing isnt so good. .....where did I put that credit card...??
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90

Rod, how do you like your commute on I-25 NB AM?
I'm on the road before 4:30 so traffic is light. I'm sure later in the morning it would suck, though. Are you contemplating a change in commute direction, or do you see me on the road in the morning? I envy you your short commute to little ol' Castle Rock. I've got 50 miles each way. Sure makes me appreciate where we live when I leave work for home at the end of the day. I'm not much of a city guy.
Old January 26th, 2007, 09:47 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

I think I saw you yesterday on I-25 in your 110 by Castle Pines Pkwy, but it was around 7:30.

I love my commute, I normally take a dirt road from Highlands Ranch to Happy Canyon, then to castle rock, 15 minutes each way, and best of all there is no traffic, but now my commute direction will change as I took a job in Denver and I'll be driving I-25 everyday. I'm not happy about that
Old January 26th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Seanh
Sean Hanagan
94 D90 ST #910 Matilda

I love my commute too. I walk for about 1 miunute from our house to the front door of my building the whole time staring at the Gore Range and Game Creek Bowl. My poor D never goes anywhere any more. Last tank of gas I bought was 6 weeks ago.
Old January 27th, 2007, 01:36 AM
MattGuyver_007
Matt VA
1995 D90 SW

How coincidental that so many D's cruise through Castle Rock every day. I even saw two Series here in one afternoon a few weeks ago.

Here comes weekend 7 with a snowstorm and are warning of a Siberian Express with snow for next majority of next week.

Looks like Dan's Colorado Snowboard trip will have plenty of powder.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
trip