Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 29th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
I think I saw you yesterday on I-25 in your 110 by Castle Pines Pkwy, but it was around 7:30.

I love my commute, I normally take a dirt road from Highlands Ranch to Happy Canyon, then to castle rock, 15 minutes each way, and best of all there is no traffic, but now my commute direction will change as I took a job in Denver and I'll be driving I-25 everyday. I'm not happy about that
No, it wasn't me. My DD is a pickup. Might have been my best gal but I doubt it. I think there's a green 109 in the area.

I hope you ran the speed limit up to 75 in Perry Park before you left.
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2007, 12:02 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

all of you co people make me so jealous, i've been stuck on the east coast my whole life, and the wifey has made it clear that i'm stuck here .

50 mile commute each direction! wow, i have a 30 mile commute and i thought it was bad! unfortunetly my 30 mile commute means i'm still stuck in the greater baltimore dc area, so i don't even like where i live...

I want real snow! 1 week till snowbird though, i hope they are getting some snow!
Old January 29th, 2007, 12:11 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkavan01
I want real snow! 1 week till snowbird though, i hope they are getting some snow!
You lucky SOB. That was my trip last year...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2007, 06:16 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellulararrest
You lucky SOB. That was my trip last year...
haha best part is that i get to go for free, minus the plane ticket, I do love my wife's job...
Old January 29th, 2007, 08:49 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hayward
No, it wasn't me. My DD is a pickup. Might have been my best gal but I doubt it. I think there's a green 109 in the area.

I hope you ran the speed limit up to 75 in Perry Park before you left.
Huh, that 110 looked exactly like yours.

Let me see what I can do, what's in it for me?
Old January 30th, 2007, 01:47 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

My buddy from Boston is flying in here this week for some skiing. Since Utah snow is teh suck right now, we were thinking about driving to Colorado or maybe Wyoming for the weekend.

Anybody in Steamboat this weekend? Is it even worth going there? I'm on tele and I really really hate the icy hardpack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old January 30th, 2007, 06:47 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin
My buddy from Boston is flying in here this week for some skiing. Since Utah snow is teh suck right now, we were thinking about driving to Colorado or maybe Wyoming for the weekend.

Anybody in Steamboat this weekend? Is it even worth going there? I'm on tele and I really really hate the icy hardpack.
so your saying snowbird is going to suck? and define the sucks? i know some people define it as not having 2 feet of fresh powder every day. But in all honesty anything is better then what we have down here ijn the mid atlantic.
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:26 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Yeah, it's probably going to suck. The base is less than half of what it normally is by now. I haven't been to the 'bird yet this year but I do know that most of the other local resorts are showing rocks. The resorts are lying, the conditions are definitely NOT powder. Hardpack/packed powder is more like it. It's been warming up during the day, melting things (making them ok to ski) and then re-freezing in the late afternoon.

I'd tell you to delay your ticket or go elsewhere but honestly, most of the West is in the same boat and it might not improve for another month or so.

/
/
/
/
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:53 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Yeah, it's probably going to suck. The base is less than half of what it normally is by now. I haven't been to the 'bird yet this year but I do know that most of the other local resorts are showing rocks. The resorts are lying, the conditions are definitely NOT powder. Hardpack/packed powder is more like it. It's been warming up during the day, melting things (making them ok to ski) and then re-freezing in the late afternoon.

I'd tell you to delay your ticket or go elsewhere but honestly, most of the West is in the same boat and it might not improve for another month or so.
can't delay the ticket, my wife has a conference, i guess maybe we should get a rental car so at least if we are bored we can drive to salt lake city or something... we where going to go snow mobiling, but if what you say is correct then that won't happen either...

I wonder if hertz in salt lake has a a gt350
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:04 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Quote:

You're probably right. Last year when I went around this time the base total snowfall was around 300 inches. It's currently 154" and if it's really melting durilng the day, I wouldn't be surprised if there were rock showing.
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:11 PM
MattGuyver_007
Matt VA
1995 D90 SW

Snowing a bit in the high country of Colorado right now and NOAA has snow forecasted every day for the next 10 days. Conditions aren't "Epic" but certainly better than most around the world.
Old January 30th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
Huh, that 110 looked exactly like yours.

Let me see what I can do, what's in it for me?
It's a mystery, Yousef! I'll sure keep my eyes peeled. That's too wierd.

"What's in it for me?" - I don't know for sure, I'll do some scrounging around.

Hey Trevor, go skiing. What else you gonna do?
Leave your good boards at home.

"Rock skis" = "Rentals"

The best snow is white, and on the side of a hill.
Old January 30th, 2007, 07:47 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hayward
It's a mystery, Yousef! I'll sure keep my eyes peeled. That's too wierd.

"What's in it for me?" - I don't know for sure, I'll do some scrounging around.

Hey Trevor, go skiing. What else you gonna do?
Leave your good boards at home.

"Rock skis" = "Rentals"

The best snow is white, and on the side of a hill.
oh i plan on skiing, i gotta do something while the wifey is at conferences... I only have one pair of ski's so my poor crossmax's will have to suffer, I can always find a deal on another set some other time...
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Seanh
Sean Hanagan
94 D90 ST #910 Matilda

http://www.snowforecast.com/colorado...avercreek.html

Choose a Colorado resort at the top of the page
Old February 15th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Seanh
Sean Hanagan
94 D90 ST #910 Matilda

bump for updates
Old February 15th, 2007, 03:21 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanh
bump for updates
west coast skier's have no idea what real ice, I spent half my vacation listening to locals complaining about how "icey" the conditions where... dear lord it was great skiing, and no real ice to be found... plenty of rocks though, that was lame...
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:50 PM
redrover

Sorry Trevor , today we had to choke down powder all day. It was horrrrible. All day long the waist deep powder would flow up my chest and stick to my face. Now what to do tomorrow. Oh well I guess we will have to keep complaining about the deep, cold, Colorado POW. JP
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:05 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrover
Sorry Trevor , today we had to choke down powder all day. It was horrrrible. All day long the waist deep powder would flow up my chest and stick to my face. Now what to do tomorrow. Oh well I guess we will have to keep complaining about the deep, cold, Colorado POW. JP
yea, well the next time i get to take a free ski trip out west i'll make sure that it's going to snow before i agree to it...

I am jealous we didn't get any powder while i was there, but it's probably for the best, being an east coaster i'm not very good at skiing in powder, and i'd probably get myself in trouble...
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:17 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

I'm in Brek right now and its so amazing! their isn't deep powder but there is snow everywhere and patches of powder here and there. no ice! its completely different than the Ice (east) Coast. I had to adjust my riding a bit it was so different... but I will tell ya this. powder makes you hit any size jump and rail. its like a whole new lifestyle. I'm gonna move out here

though I have yet to see a D!! where are you guys hiding? hit me up if you wanna ride. I'm here til monday
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:32 PM
MattGuyver_007
Matt VA
1995 D90 SW

Glad you're enjoying yourself but Shhhh, keep the pow pow a secret! Keep your eyes open and you'll probably see some D's out and about- mostly RR's in a ski town though.

Have fun and perhaps I'll see you Saturday.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
trip