CL - Triumph TR8 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 16th, 2015, 08:46 PM
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3
CL - Triumph TR8

Not mine, but a great CL post:

Stop reading, you don't want this car. It is British, we all know British cars are not reliable, it's the electronics. This car has electronics I have personally seen wires under the hood, it is doomed to fail. Carburetors are inanity inefficient. This car has carburetors, that's right two of them, if one doesn't fail the other one is going to fail and at the worst possible moment. It has be
En Parked hidden in a field for ten years. Rat/coons nest in abandoned parked cars. Rat/coon racoons the size of rats or RATS the size of racoons could or might for all we know still be nesting that ugly car. It is the shape of a wedge, it is ugly. Who want an ugly car? If you have children under the
Age of 16 it is inherently unsafe it does not have AIRBAGS. All children with drivers license especially boys will become obsessed with driving and riding in it. No decent liberal hippy will talk to you because it has a V8. V8 engines are bad they use fuel. Even an Aluminium V8 in a 2400 lb. car that gets 23 mpg uses fuel. Interactive cumbustion us bad. If the car was not a piece of crap why does it only have have 54320 miles on it. I and should see how the numeralagie of the at number is bad.
People that want to buy cars like these are all old , over 45 or even 50, if you drive this car people will think you are old. All the mechanics that could fix a car from 1980 are from the seventies, the age or the cold war, disco and cocain. Do you really want to risk your life in a car repaired by a person like that. I have seen the movie Saturday Night I know how these people are.

Old August 16th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE
Looks like it's right here in Austin. If anyone wants me to check it out.

I've seen MGs in better shape for that price.

Black Rhino Lives Matter
Old August 17th, 2015, 06:35 AM
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
Love it love it
Old August 17th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
They were utter crap when new and have unlikely improved with age.
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat