chrisvonc - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 24th, 2009, 09:43 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

chrisvonc

Chris, A few years ago you posted a thread with a picture lifting the T/C, Tranny and bellhousing through the floor, damned if i can find it. I need to do mine again, last time i had Mike to help and he did most of it, sadly he is no longer around rovers. I have floors, tunnel, seats and seat box out, rest looks straight forward just would like a refresher
Jimmy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 24th, 2009, 09:59 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Hey Jimmy, that was when I helped Tony... give me a minute and I will get the link to the photos

Follow-up Post:

It was actually a clutch replacement but here are the pics: http://nnin.net/gallery2/defender/clutch/

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:36 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

I think my clutch is ok, its either the throw out bearing or the pivot arm stuck, either way its all gotta come out. The thing i was looking for mainly was where you chained it to lift level ish. Thanks alot Chris those pictures helped alot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 24th, 2009, 12:11 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

cool.. np

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:34 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Chris - any idea on how long it takes to get everything out of the way for the tranny/TC pull? Looks like it more prep work but easier to get it out than going from underneath.
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

When we did it it took less than an hour to remove seats, seat box, and transmission tunnel. There are a whole lot of screws to get that done though. Seems like about 100. Come up with some sort of good sorting system otherwise you'll end up with leftovers that don't seem to fit anywhere.

It really was the easy way to pull the tranny. Once the seat box is gone you can reach everything from above. Disconnect driveshafts, wrap a tow chain tightly around tranny and transfer case, unbolt the bell housing and lift it with an engine hoist out the passenger door.

Now that I've done it I could probably do the whole job from start to finish in under four hours with a buddy's help. Very little crawling around under the truck. Only to remove the lower bell housing plate. Much more enjoyable a job.
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:51 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Note, his time applies only if your truck is from texas. Otherwise get out the grinding wheel and buy a new set of screws and bolts.
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
Note, his time applies only if your truck is from texas. Otherwise get out the grinding wheel and buy a new set of screws and bolts.
I suppose that's true. We do get a bit spoiled down this way. Usually, bolts just magically unscrew on our first attempt. I was horrified when I saw the rust on CvC's old 90 when he first moved down here. And he said that wasn't bad.
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:43 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

haha.. mine was not bad for an East Coast D90. Yeah I thought mine was pretty good until I started comparing it to TX trucks.

Quote:
[/size]
Old February 25th, 2009, 10:38 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

CVC's was not bad at all for an east coast truck, but even one like I bought that lived its entire life indoors, still has some corrosion if it is from the east coast.
Old February 25th, 2009, 05:44 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Tony - thanks for the info. I have a spare R380 sitting in the garage but the one that's in the 90 now isn't too horrible. Just was curious how long the "thru the door" method took as it looks like 1/3 of the truck is removed.

Chris - thanks for the pics - I'll bookmark that page for when I do my swap someday.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat