Welcome to our newest member, 94 jeep wranlger
lol, that is interesting...
Old March 22nd, 2007, 06:06 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
LOL... See what Jeeps do.. they screw up your head and your spelin......
Advertisement

Old March 23rd, 2007, 09:29 AM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Driving home yesterday hit traffic, had a Jeep going the other way give me the nod.
Thought good for him, Jeep or Defenders, life style and expectations are aligned.
Then thought one day he too may graduate to a Defender.
Flip side, saw one 1995/96 D90 this week - no nod and a 109 (cool), no nod.
Old March 26th, 2007, 10:17 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Tthe times I've seen a Defender, I haven't been in mine.
Old March 26th, 2007, 10:24 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb
Driving home yesterday hit traffic, had a Jeep going the other way give me the nod.
Thought good for him, Jeep or Defenders, life style and expectations are aligned.
I always find myself getting nods from Jeep owners, but RARELY from D90 owners. Usually only get nods from D90 owners if theirs are mod`d.

Also, there is a guy in my hometown that I see all the time that drives a Disco II that is COMPLETELY decked out, and I see him all the time and wave, but he has NEVER waved back.
Old March 26th, 2007, 10:42 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf
I see him all the time and wave, but he has NEVER waved back.
He should be waving at you!

I had a guy in a Disco, just about rear end me, just because he wanted me to notice him. Sheesh

I have a yellow D-90 and there was a yellow wrangler behind me at a light, I could see from my rear mirror the girlfriend of the driver mouth 'whats that?' and pointing at my truck. I'm almost sure he said something in regards to my truck being way cooler than his. LOL
Old March 26th, 2007, 11:10 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
I have a yellow D-90 and there was a yellow wrangler behind me at a light, I could see from my rear mirror the girlfriend of the driver mouth 'whats that?' and pointing at my truck. I'm almost sure he said something in regards to my truck being way cooler than his. LOL
I drive a yellow D90 as well, and there is this other guy in my hometown that drives a yellow lifted jeep (probably 6" lift, swampers, HD bumpers, etc etc) and he always talks shit. He works downtown, which is really small (2-3 square blocks), so we always see eachother, and every time he sees me he is sure to mention something about my "frail British piece of shit rig". What neither of us knew though was that i`m friends with his girlfriend and have been for a couple years now. Last time I saw him I was driving downtown in the D with the top off and his girlfriend in the passengers seat on our way to lunch. Of course he saw us, and there was lots and lots of talk about how he should kick my ass, mess up my car, yadda yadda, long story short, he hasn`t said anything since.
Old March 26th, 2007, 11:23 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Last time I saw him I was driving downtown in the D with the top off and his girlfriend in the passengers seat on our way to lunch.
NICE!

I love the fact that he wants to hate on you because of your truck. What's next, hate on you based upon the type of toilet paper you buy??? Ridiculous!

I take it you didn't realize that was her bf until you guys cruised by? You should ask the young lady why she's dating such a douche bag! If you ever run into him again, tell him you're an honorable man and don't wanna be forced to sleep with his girl.
Old March 26th, 2007, 11:25 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
I take it you didn't realize that was her bf until you guys cruised by? You should ask the young lady why she's dating such a douche bag! If you ever run into him again, tell him you're an honorable man and don't wanna be forced to sleep with his girl.
I had heard her talking about her boyfriend, but never put a name to a face. She waved as we drove by, and then I sort of put things together.
Old March 26th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Erimus 1
Neil McLeod
97 D90 NAS

Given the scarcity of D-90's here in Ontario, I feel very priviledged. Most jeepsters just look in complete awe at the Holy Grail of 4X4's.
Old March 26th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

Interesting... I've got this RR, and it's getting taken apart in my parents' garage. My rescue vehicle (alternate ride) was a Jeep... the unflappable, reliable, dependable, Jeep.

When I drove Jeep ALL the time, it never occurred to me to judge someone for their LR. I admired Defenders for what they are - British version of a Jeep. Same concept, similar capabilities.

Now driving a LR (well, I will be if the POS stops finding things to fail), I look at Jeep exactly as I used to look at Rovers.

My parents had a DI years back (1994 in that ugly mint color). They bought into the ad hype, and had a T-shirt "I'd rather push a Land Rover than drive a Jeep"... I never got it. I bought this RRC, and now I realize, I'd rather drive either one than push either one, but I'd rather drive a Jeep than push the Land Rover. (shrug) And pushing the Rover is starting to look likely.
Old March 26th, 2007, 12:29 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erimus 1
Holy Grail of 4X4's
That would make a great custom tire cover or bumper sticker.
Old March 26th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Erimus 1
Neil McLeod
97 D90 NAS

No sooner said than done!

Quote:
That would make a great custom tire cover or bumper sticker.
Follow-up Post:

It's the superior mindset that you're battling with here.

If push comes to shove, be true to your heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson00
Interesting... I've got this RR, and it's getting taken apart in my parents' garage. My rescue vehicle (alternate ride) was a Jeep... the unflappable, reliable, dependable, Jeep.

When I drove Jeep ALL the time, it never occurred to me to judge someone for their LR. I admired Defenders for what they are - British version of a Jeep. Same concept, similar capabilities.

Now driving a LR (well, I will be if the POS stops finding things to fail), I look at Jeep exactly as I used to look at Rovers.

My parents had a DI years back (1994 in that ugly mint color). They bought into the ad hype, and had a T-shirt "I'd rather push a Land Rover than drive a Jeep"... I never got it. I bought this RRC, and now I realize, I'd rather drive either one than push either one, but I'd rather drive a Jeep than push the Land Rover. (shrug) And pushing the Rover is starting to look likely.
Old March 26th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

HA! True to my heart is find a telephone pole (and be sure it's tele not electrical) and wrap this fookin' bitch around it.

Not really... Land Rovers are quite cool trucks regardless. Perhaps in another week or so I'll get it fixed.
Old March 26th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

Just remember, you may have to pay for the pole you destroy, which could wind up costing you more than your truck.
Old March 26th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

DOH!

Maybe just back it into the water like my neighbors did? "Oh golly, how'd that happen? I didn't even realize it went down the ramp... maybe I didn't set the parking brake. I just wanted a picture of the sunset." I swear they did it on purpose.
Old March 30th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Quote:
I drive a yellow D90 as well, and there is this other guy in my hometown that drives a yellow lifted jeep (probably 6" lift, swampers, HD bumpers, etc etc) and he always talks shit. He works downtown, which is really small (2-3 square blocks), so we always see eachother, and every time he sees me he is sure to mention something about my "frail British piece of shit rig". What neither of us knew though was that i`m friends with his girlfriend and have been for a couple years now. Last time I saw him I was driving downtown in the D with the top off and his girlfriend in the passengers seat on our way to lunch. Of course he saw us, and there was lots and lots of talk about how he should kick my ass, mess up my car, yadda yadda, long story short, he hasn`t said anything since.
Boink his girlfriend. That will do the trick.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb
Every time I try to waive, I forget that I have the window closed and hork up my wrist. Haveput out two smokes on the window too. Hot cherries...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat