cheaper rear tail light assembly - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 16th, 2009, 10:58 PM
RyanB16
Ryan Hoffmeyer
94 D90 Red HalfCab #741

cheaper rear tail light assembly

so I have been doing some research on replacement of new rear tail light parts for my 94 defender. unfortunatly, the LR dealer can only sell the whole rear tail light assembly in one piece, and its $300, each side.. I was at my dads business the other day where he owns a distributing company for construction material, and I noticed on one of his flatbed chevy work truck, that it is fitted with the exact same rear tail light assembly that is on my rover. I called the chevy dealer in town that deals with a lot of fleet work trucks, and can order the lights for under half the cost . same exact light that would come from rover. size, shape, same rubber housing, plastic bulb inserts, same brand and numbers stamped in the lens. etc.

just thought I would mention this in case anyone with the sq tail lights needs to do a replacement for a much cheaper cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2009, 11:44 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Thats great Ryan, if you end up getting them can you post part numbers?
Old April 17th, 2009, 12:38 AM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB16
so I have been doing some research on replacement of new rear tail light parts for my 94 defender. unfortunatly, the LR dealer can only sell the whole rear tail light assembly in one piece, and its $300, each side.. I was at my dads business the other day where he owns a distributing company for construction material, and I noticed on one of his flatbed chevy work truck, that it is fitted with the exact same rear tail light assembly that is on my rover. I called the chevy dealer in town that deals with a lot of fleet work trucks, and can order the lights for under half the cost . same exact light that would come from rover. size, shape, same rubber housing, plastic bulb inserts, same brand and numbers stamped in the lens. etc.

just thought I would mention this in case anyone with the sq tail lights needs to do a replacement for a much cheaper cost.
Ryan, you're not supposed to let these secrets out......if you're feeling up to it, track down a scrap yard that deals in work trucks/box trucks.... should find a plethora of them for next to nothing.

but, yea that is in fact where you get them on the super cheap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2009, 08:09 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Well they are a Truck-Lite part. Don't remember the part number off the top of my head but its been posted here before.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:34 AM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

GM part number 15048277 left 15910343 Right
Old April 18th, 2009, 12:19 PM
FlaD90
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor

say can someone post pictures of the units once installed?

thanks a bunch.
Old January 28th, 2011, 06:53 PM
bcstanle
Brandon Stanley
1994 D90 #1491

So anyone have an update on this? The bulb holder on mine broke, everything else is fine but I can't find the part and I'd rather not buy the whole assembly. Any suggestions on where to get the part?

AB and Roversnorth both have it for the 95 + but not the little slide one for the 94, I'll send a picture if needed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
assembly, ht