Charlotte Cars and Coffee Cancelled Indefinitely! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:04 AM
MC36
Michael Christian
97 D90 ST British Racing Green

Charlotte Cars and Coffee Cancelled Indefinitely!

Charlotte Areas Cars and Coffee Event- Cancelled Indefinitely

Silly me, I thought I could help foster and grow the car crazed culture that is present here in Charlotte, but the immature actions by what was at first a select few but now what is adopted to many has ended our Cars and Coffee event indefinitely. Cars and Coffee Charlotte is no more!

I have run the range in the last 24 hrs of extreme anger and sadness because six plus years of hard work and effort is going down the drain. I can't tell you the countless hours, money and effort that was put in to build something wonderful from the ground up for the Car Culture in Charlotte to be ruined by a few that use their head as only a mere hatrack!

I have tried it all from posting the rules numerous times, hanging up signage, creating a police presence, getting others to help spread the word but nothing seems to help. I love cars and the people that love cars but under the current circumstances someone is going to get hurt or killed and I can't have that on my watch. I hate to see something that I have been working so hard to create come to an end but before someone gets seriously injured or killed I'm done! Sometimes you don't know how good you have it until it is gone and I believe Charlotte will realize this in a short time. The time, effort and great expense that this has taken was done out of pure joy for cars and those that surround them but it is getting too taxing and too dangerous to really enjoy

I'm am very grateful for Mattie's and the NC Music Factory's hospitality over the years but as you can see, no good deed goes unpunished and there is no reason that their businesses should not be jeopardized for some of our foolishness. Not only are the actions of a select few going to ruin it for those that behaved themselves and really enjoyed the event but it is going to hurt some small business owners as well.

I'm very grateful for the experiences that Cars and Coffee has given me and for the great friends that I have made out of it but all good things must come to an end and Cars and Coffee Charlotte is no more!

Best wishes,

Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:12 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
That's too bad...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:47 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
So what happen? I know people that attend and haven't heard. If it was exhibition of speed, them it wasn't the Rovers!

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2014, 05:12 PM
genie90
Jay Geaney
1994 D-90 ST #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
So what happen? I know people that attend and haven't heard. If it was exhibition of speed, them it wasn't the Rovers!
... http://jalopnik.com/mustang-at-cars-...-at-1514303344
Old February 3rd, 2014, 05:39 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
They shouldn't allow any American cars to events like that. In fact, American cars shouldn't be allowed on the road in general.

This reminds me of the signs at the entrances to the local mountain biking/hiking trails. Something along the lines "Your actions today make the policies of tomorrow." Its a shame that a few people can screw it up for everyone.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 06:04 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

What a douche in the blue Mustang.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 06:04 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
He will be forever know as "that guy"

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old February 3rd, 2014, 06:14 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
They shouldn't allow any American cars to events like that. In fact, American cars shouldn't be allowed on the road in general.

This reminds me of the signs at the entrances to the local mountain biking/hiking trails. Something along the lines "Your actions today make the policies of tomorrow." Its a shame that a few people can screw it up for everyone.
yep ... they should all be exported back to Detroit to be recycled into FIATs ..
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old February 3rd, 2014, 08:53 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
thats priceless
Old February 3rd, 2014, 09:16 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Sweet burnout bro
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:11 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Starbucks grande's aren't for everyone.
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:19 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
I heard about this from some friends that were there. Definitely a bummer, I've enjoyed the ones I've been to. Unfortunately when you get that many post 70's Mustangs in one place at one time, this was bound to happen. They are the locusts of car events.
Old February 4th, 2014, 12:09 AM
DannyboyUpstate
Danny Harrington
1983 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by webecinya View Post
starbucks grande's aren't for everyone.

lol!
Old February 4th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post

We have a C&C here that I am afraid is definitely endangered at times. It is in a serious wealthy area and gets a large turn out. It is not just American cars but usually the younger new rich in Ferraris and Lambos. You know, the ones that get out and are wearing every single bit of the Ferrari accessory catalog. They drive like morons. The plus is we have a lot attendant type person who is associated with the coffee joint that hosts the event. They have zero problem kicking and banning people for ridiculously stupid behavior. Cops show up from time to time to peruse the lot (as interested car people) and that helps.

Bottom line, it is not the make of the vehicle but the age of the driver. "American cars shouldn't be allowed on the road in general." Hilarious. What would tow the Rovers back to the dealership then?
Old February 4th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by genie90 View Post
What an idiot, he shouldn't drive period, letting off the gas when it started to splash would have been the end
Old February 4th, 2014, 07:45 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
What a douche in the blue Mustang.
You can say that again. Stupid... plain stupid.

Thank god no one got hurt.

Old February 4th, 2014, 08:27 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Best Jalopnik comment:

Quote:
ComradeSlow

when you switch to cable you end up watching Street Outlaws.

When you watch Street Outlaws you end up buying a Mustang GT and going to Cars & Coffee to show off.

When you go to Cars & Coffee to show off in your new Mustang GT, you end up losing control and taking out a fire hydrant.

When you take out a fire hydrant while trying to show off in your new Mustang GT, you go viral on youtube and everybody in the US now knows you are the asshole that got Cars & Coffee shut down and you can't be seen in public anymore.

Don't switch to cable.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old February 4th, 2014, 08:27 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Hopefully his insurance company sees this video.
Old February 4th, 2014, 09:05 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
We have a C&C here that I am afraid is definitely endangered at times. It is in a serious wealthy area and gets a large turn out. It is not just American cars but usually the younger new rich in Ferraris and Lambos. You know, the ones that get out and are wearing every single bit of the Ferrari accessory catalog. They drive like morons. The plus is we have a lot attendant type person who is associated with the coffee joint that hosts the event. They have zero problem kicking and banning people for ridiculously stupid behavior. Cops show up from time to time to peruse the lot (as interested car people) and that helps.

Bottom line, it is not the make of the vehicle but the age of the driver. "American cars shouldn't be allowed on the road in general." Hilarious. What would tow the Rovers back to the dealership then?
2x this comment - the Great Falls event has turned into an idiot brigade of high-hp owners. Haven't been there in over two years. Upside is that I met a lot of great Rover people there, including Lav.
Old February 4th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post

I am more or less joking, but I do hate American cars. People in Land Rovers drive like douche bags off road just as much as Jeeps probably. That being said, I ride my bike to work at least once a week, which is about 12 miles each way, and I noticed that it is typically people driving American cars and BMW's that get way too close. Probably just a coincidence, but it happens enough for me to notice. f

------ Follow up post added February 4th, 2014 09:22 AM ------

Also, this makes me laugh.

http://theweek.com/article/index/248...-biggest-jerks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat