Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 29th, 2008, 09:18 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Its a SA spec color actually. You know they made defenders there up to 2006, so I presume they did what they wanted with respect to color options. I think would also be cool to set a defender up with the BMW 2.8i like the SA spec trucks had.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2008, 09:53 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
The color is Cornish Cream, and yeah, its an old Rangie color. I think it suits the 110 though, kind of updates the look of the old series trucks, and is only subtly different than the NAS 110, being basically just a warmer shade of white.

I like to build things that the factory built, so the BMW has appeal for that reason. If it were me, I think I'd just get in touch with a SA wrecking yard and buy as many parts as possible from them. I'm sure the r380 has a different length input shaft, and I have not idea what the bellhousing or flywheel cover look like. It would also be nice to have the correct harness. The ideal sitation would be to get all the parts without actually shipping an engine, in order to save shipping cost. It might even be worth it to simply buy the correct input shaft and save shipping a trans.

It probably worth a trip to SA to check out. I've been wanting to get down there for a while. As a friend of mine once said "I dont want to learn Afrikaans, I just want to learn how to speak English with a South African accent."

Follow-up Post:

Oh, I'm a BMW fan too, but my M88 is staying right where it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M635CSi Right Side.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	11923  

Old January 29th, 2008, 12:40 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
It probably worth a trip to SA to check out. I've been wanting to get down there for a while. As a friend of mine once said "I dont want to learn Afrikaans, I just want to learn how to speak English with a South African accent."
I've got that one down!

Talk to me before you go

charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
The color is Cornish Cream, and yeah, its an old Rangie color. I think it suits the 110 though, kind of updates the look of the old series trucks, and is only subtly different than the NAS 110, being basically just a warmer shade of white.

I like to build things that the factory built, so the BMW has appeal for that reason. If it were me, I think I'd just get in touch with a SA wrecking yard and buy as many parts as possible from them. I'm sure the r380 has a different length input shaft, and I have not idea what the bellhousing or flywheel cover look like. It would also be nice to have the correct harness. The ideal sitation would be to get all the parts without actually shipping an engine, in order to save shipping cost. It might even be worth it to simply buy the correct input shaft and save shipping a trans.

Follow-up Post:

Oh, I'm a BMW fan too, but my M88 is staying right where it is.

Ohhhhh.... Nice sixer Jim. I am always on the lookout for a little old lady with a dusty 2002 tucked in her garage, or a 3.0CSI, or a Series truck etc. etc... Not sure if lightning will strike twice though. Thats exactly how I found my 356 Porsche.
Old January 30th, 2008, 06:29 AM
d110pickup
Mike Pado
'97 D90 ST #1153

I did a color change on my ex-MOD 110 that I think ya'll will like.
Mike
Before & After
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My 11002P.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	11944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Img0693AP.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	11945  

Old April 16th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

My NAS D90 is due for a paint job. The original color is Arles blue but someone did a crappy job (but using nice color scheme) repainting it into dark green/tan. They left all components in place and repainted over the old paint. Kinda half assed if you ask me. Needless to say it is peeling everywhere, there's poor masking and I also have some galvanic corrosion coming through.

Can anyone give me a range of how much a D90 paint job would cost? I'd like to know cheapest (but still acceptable) way vs full disassembly way (ECR style). Rough numbers are ok, I just need a ballpark.
Old April 16th, 2010, 05:35 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

About 4K.

Old April 17th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
sorry, I posted this on the Original Thread

" I did my 110 totally stripped for Painting ( now I did not pay what they would normally charge 10,500 if the need to strip down ) and 6,000 if you bring the vehicle stripped ).

Now mind you I did pay for the materials and it was in the tune of 1,800 when done ( paint, reducer, clearcoat, sand, primer, misc )

I did get my roof and gutters seam sealed, you can slide your finger in there and it is as smooth as the reast of the truck. "
Old April 17th, 2010, 11:29 PM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
Anyone ever seen a kent green defender? love the color wondering how it would look?
2000 DII (SOLD)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
paint