Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 7th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW
CDN001 has left the building!

I sold my Defender yesterday. Thanks for all the help over the years guys! This is a great resource for all Defender owners, and I'll miss hanging out. Thanks CvC for providing for the community.

After living in the city of Chicago for the better part of three years, the D only got around 3000 miles total since the move. Finally got a good buyer and signed the title over to a very nice guy who collects all things british.

Part of me was saddened by selling. But most of me was overjoyed. I gave the new owner a great price. I just couldn't stomach what was over the horizon. Front doors were starting to rust, bulkhead was starting to rust, and the truck was starting to get pissed as it sat in the garage every day for weeks on end. Engine was well kept but lack of miles was taking its toll. Too much money I didn't want to spend. The D hadn't seen a trail in 2 years!

I found a pristine 1959 Series 2. No rust on the bulk head or frame. Lift gate top! I will be picking the truck up next weekend. Limestone with under 40k original miles. I am looking forward to the upcoming restoration.

My Ibis Hakkaluggi Cross bike has 1500 miles to date since I started riding to work. Thank-you McDonald's for helping build the Commuter Cycle station in Millenium Park. I've lost 10 pounds to date! So if you see an odd looking guy on a black old school cross bike admiring and laughing at you for sitting in your D on LSD during rush, that's just me!

If you know of anyone looking to unload an alpine top for a series or anyone who has elephant hide seats, PM me!

Best to everyone here!

Old June 7th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90
Sorry to hear. May your truck have a better fate that the other famous one who "left the building".

OTOH, let's see some pics of the new truck when you get a chance.
"Uhh...I think they all leak like that."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat