Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 18th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Scottyoh
Enigma RnR
'87 127"
D-90 Source Vendor

CBP, recently

This is not to be taken as a scare or gossip, I am genuinely curious. I've heard from my broker that they have received notice a while back that all incoming Land Rovers are to be "intensively scanned." The broker had 4 land in Brunswick last week and all 4 were seized, 2 in 1 container in Savannah that got seized as well.

The 4 individuals in Brunswick all swore their trucks were original and of age. They have retained lawyers since. It would seem there has to be something against seizing them just because they are Rovers and holding them guilty until proven innocent, no? Has anyone else heard similar stories or is GA just not a good place to bring them in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2015, 09:24 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Search "intensive" by Uncle Douglas.
Old October 18th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Scottyoh
Enigma RnR
'87 127"
D-90 Source Vendor

I'll do that. I've left a few voicemails for him.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Scottyoh
Enigma RnR
'87 127"
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Search "intensive" by Uncle Douglas.
I guess I fail at searching. Link to reference?

Old October 19th, 2015, 07:51 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
A guy at work imports old Nissans from Japan and has the same problem.

Old October 19th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyoh View Post
This is not to be taken as a scare or gossip, I am genuinely curious. I've heard from my broker that they have received notice a while back that all incoming Land Rovers are to be "intensively scanned." The broker had 4 land in Brunswick last week and all 4 were seized, 2 in 1 container in Savannah that got seized as well. The 4 individuals in Brunswick all swore their trucks were original and of age. They have retained lawyers since. It would seem there has to be something against seizing them just because they are Rovers and holding them guilty until proven innocent, no? Has anyone else heard similar stories or is GA just not a good place to bring them in?
It's a huge ongoing problem with CBP. This is the fallout from the government losing in my case. Wonder who the attorneys are that they retained? I hope that they know what they are doing!

Please feel free to visit my website at:

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old October 19th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Arkonik
Andrew Hayes
110 CS" V8

We have experienced some longer than usual processing, since Will's tremendous efforts paid off, but everything is clearing. Don't forget that it's not necessarily just Customs "hold" you may experience but Agricultural holds can cause delay as-well. As long as the vehicle is squeaky clean and of the correct age and credentials then it will always clear. Andy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat