Can't stand a thief! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM
MC36
Michael Christian
97 D90 ST British Racing Green

Can't stand a thief!

I guess it was bound to happen but I went to get in my truck last Friday after not driving it for over a month and found that someone had 'helped themselves' to its contents! I have my truck parted outside under a car cover next to my house. I have the age old problem of too many toys not enough garage space. Also I guess that you have to be prepared to loose somethings in an open air vehicle if you are not careful with your stuff.

I have it under a cover and I keep it unlocked so not to temp anyone to cut my roof. I don't lock the car cover either to deter them from cutting it, plus it is one more pain in the ass move that I would have to do to drive it.

I went to get in it and noticed that the center console was open and stuff was everywhere. My Ipod was gone but my new stereo was in tact (I guess stealing stereos is so 90's) a nice pair of sunglasses were taken as well. They popped the fuse box cover off looking for things and pulled down the visors thinking I may have a key in there. The ironic thing is that in their haste they dropped their SOG knife in the floor board and in the dark could not retrieve it. I thought I was even with what they stole with a nice blade, but the police office said that they had to take it due to the fact that they could get DNA and prints off of it.

The police offer said that I got off easy. I have to count my blessings that they did not trash it or the roof and that they did not take it! I have to find a new solution for parking it but I guess criminals are getting bolder by the minute. Man, I can't stand a thief or to be taken advantage of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
That sucks. When can you get the knife back?
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:58 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I hope you got a reciept for the knife. The cops will probably keep it and never run and tests.
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 12:02 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
I hope you got a reciept for the knife. The cops will probably keep it and never run and tests.
running DNA on a petty theft... Doubt it. Tell them you want the knife if it is never claimed.
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
running DNA on a petty theft... Doubt it. Tell them you want the knife if it is never claimed.
My GLI was broken into in Georgetown a couple years ago. They dusted for prints. It went nowhere but it felt official.
Old May 17th, 2013, 01:20 PM
revtor
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye

Registry
man it would be great if they actually ran the knife and got the douche. .
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:24 AM
MC36
Michael Christian
97 D90 ST British Racing Green

I am hoping it is official, I have gotten two calls from the detectives as well as a few follow up emails. It at least makes me think that my tax dollars are being used. I asked about the knife and they said that they would put in the request but don't hold my breath. I think that it is a pretty long process to get it back.

I want to at least get them in the system, because after talking to a few of my neighbors up and down the street they got hit too.

That is the type of thing that you would like to set up a trap and catch them yourselves, something that they would never forget.

Again I'm just glad that the truck is still here and that my roof was at the business end of that knife!
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
My brother-in-law had a problem with stuff getting stolen out of his shed so he went out to the hunting lease and pulled in his game cameras and put them covering the area. Lo and behold "smile, you'r on candid camera!" He then gave the images to the local PoPo of the crime in progress. Unfortunatly, the perp fled justice though. But the theving stopped.
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Ignotus
gene
1960 109, w/200TDI

#$%^&* thieves

I had a 88 at someones repair facility(home as he'd officially retired) to get the frame welded from an accident. They went on vacation. Some Rover "friend" went in and helped himself to my roll bar and sliding door windows. Just ripping out the window track and unbolting half the hardtop.
They are in our community too...........

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
gene

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat