Camel Trophy Reality Show - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 19th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Toughy
Chris
95 Yellow ST

Camel Trophy Reality Show

Just finished watching the old Camel Trophy vids. I love these journeys and can't help but wish these were on tv like a reality show. It has the right amounts of drama, action, adventure and injuries. These are the real amazing race....

Anyone agree?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I agree for sure, but I'm a dirty green Rover slut whore bitch. I have the actual Camel Trophy video set on DVD. The only thing I don't like, as my fellow whore's point out, are the scenes where the clearly European camera men captured the competitors washing themselves in the river. Clearly showing your junk is ok overseas, but my eyes still hurt. Pretty sure the camera man was French.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old July 19th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Toughy
Chris
95 Yellow ST

All that adds to the drama, if it was done with the right production it would be a great show, was just a few decades too early. And could bring alot of integrity back and boost sales for LRNA. Which in turn could bring a real rover to market and not the Kia Soulster/Izusu Amigo version of Defender they're forcing down our throats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
I think Gerry McGovern is going to put his money down on "Keeping up with the Kardashians" before he bets on any revival of Camel Trophy.

Old July 19th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Shep29
KS
'95 RRC LWB

Registry
My wife's a TV producer and I've been trying to get her to develop a reality based show like this.

Anyone know if the G4 challenge is coming back?
Old July 19th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
New sig anyone?

-Jeff
I'm not proud of it, but it's true. Everytime I look in the mirror with some Rover shirt on, I say to myself "you dirty green Rover slut whore bitch"

Old July 19th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
My 110 (that I have spent way too much money on lately) is in the shop, I have a Defender shirt on and I am on a Rover Forum, does that make me dirty, green....?
Old July 19th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
My 110 (that I have spent way too much money on lately) is in the shop, I have a Defender shirt on and I am on a Rover Forum, does that make me dirty, green....?
No. Your a wannabe rover whore. To be a true dirty green slut whore bitch, you have to be able to wear a different Rover shirt every day of the week with at least one in the laundry, and from time to time, disrespect yourself when you realize that's all you wear. You must also covet anything with a green oval, not matter what...like a crack whore.

Old July 19th, 2013, 04:59 PM
wantone
Rick Thompson
94 ST #1222

Registry
What amazes me so much about the CT movies is the gnarly terrain these guys go through on heavily loaded disco's with small narrow mud tires. Nowadays it seems everyone thinks you need a truck with 8" of lift & 42's to go through that! Simply amazing!
Old July 19th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
The difference is Camel Trophy competitors do not fear the winch. makes all the difference and saves the drivetrain. All the super lifted junk want to get through everything with horsepower. When I was in guatemala with NLX, NLX team winched through everything, and we were competing for trailspace with locals in 3 Hiluxes, lifted with fat tires and no winches. Only one Hilux made it out (and they had to use branches to replace a broken leaf spring). NLX had no mechanical issues the entire time.

Old July 19th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep29 View Post
My wife's a TV producer and I've been trying to get her to develop a reality based show like this.

Anyone know if the G4 challenge is coming back?
They've tried it already. It was the show on Discovery with one "car", a British ex soldier, a red TJ, and some destination they had to drive out of. Problem with it was that the "car" guy was a complete tool. The beauty of a reality show is that it doesn't require much to put together. A CT based show would cost a network WAY too much. One thing though, Discovery in Europe is doing a series where they team pro drivers with actors and drop them in the jungle, Siberia, ot something like that and have them drive out. Its too bad they won't show it here.

Its called 'Driven to Extremes'
http://vimeo.com/m/64645205

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat