California Ski Country Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 19th, 2009, 01:08 PM
saber6
gh
97 D90 SW

California Ski Country Question

I am moving to the Bay area after the New Year (Half Moon Bay) and will be buying a commute car to and from work probably a mini cooper or 3 series bmw. My questin is this, I will be heading up to the Tahoe area once to twice a month with my son to go skiing, and driving my 90 from the Bay Area to Tahoe (app. 3.5-4.5 hours) is not something I want to do. So I was thinking of possibly storing it somewhere in between maybe somewhere on the east side of Sacramento and driving the commuter to the storage location and picking up the 90 etc..., does that sound rational or like a really bad idea, especially if I cannot find enclosed storage at a reasonable price? Thanks in advance! gh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2009, 02:01 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

gh,

You can keep your 90 at my house, this will prevent you from selling it and since you will be moving back here anyways, it will be here when you come back.

I would not leave my truck in a storage place several hours from home, even if it is only during ski season. Instead of buying a mini or a 3 series, buy a used RR and drive that back and forth to Tahoe, if your wife does not take it from you. 06/07 have a 6 speed auto that gets 24mph on the highway. Not to mention, it would be much safer in a crash than a very small car.

Old December 19th, 2009, 04:50 PM
saber6
gh
97 D90 SW

Scott I feel that I am already on thin ice with your wife, pulling you away to the river, getting drunk at the Mexican resturants..., three 90's in the driveway would put her over the edge!!

Jeff, I sincerely appreciate that but wouldn't want to do that to you and your family! The xi is excatly what I am looking at for the awd. I have yet to make it to Tahoe but am told by friends that it can be somewhat risky driving up there without awd hence wanting to get my 90 closer.

Scott I too fell keeping my 90 stored may not be such a great idea even if it is enclosed. Damn why can't it only be 1 hour away!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2009, 04:56 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by guajiro
Scott I feel that I am already on thin ice with your wife, pulling you away to the river, getting drunk at the Mexican resturants..., three 90's in the driveway would put her over the edge!!
Well, the truth is since it is white like the other two, she may not notice...

Old December 20th, 2009, 03:03 AM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

just man up and drive it the whole way...

There are certainly plenty of places just east of Sacramento where you should be able to find reasonable storage rates, however, I wouldn't store mine anywhere I couldn't easily get to it if I was planning on using it... too many things that go wrong on a Defender and I'm much better off being closer to my truck so I know what's happening with it and could test drive it at least before taking it anywhere...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat