CA Registration/Title Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 5th, 2007, 09:57 PM
lrnasd90
J. Landers
1983 110 LHD Galvanized Everything

CA Registration/Title Question

I have my truck for sale on ebay and every third question is from someone in CA wanting to know if they can register and title the truck. It has a diesel engine in it and apparently it is a big problem in CA. Here in TX as long as you don't touch the frame, as in switch it out for another one, the DMV could car less...that is according to my local DMV. (which was fine with me) So does anyone know the answer to this question? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 5th, 2007, 11:56 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

If it was me, I'd politely tell them I'm a TX resident and can not speak for anyone else's local regulations and they need to pick up the phone and call their local DMV for the proper info.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:01 AM
lrnasd90
J. Landers

That is what I have been doing, but I just figured someone here might have some insight that I could pass on to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2007, 04:52 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

I have seen various TDI D90s here in Ca (both NAS and otherwise). I`m not sure of the legalities involved, but they are around, and they do have Ca plates and tags on them. Seems that I have seen enough of them (probably a good dozen between nor and so cal) to at least make me think it shouldnt be much issue registering it?
Old June 6th, 2007, 07:31 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Some of the guys over at toyotadiesel.com have had no trouble going down to the CA DMV and having the power on the title changed from gas to diesel. Some searches there could offer some insight.
Old June 6th, 2007, 08:59 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

What happened Jeromy? I didn't think you were going to sell it.
Old June 6th, 2007, 09:40 AM
lrnasd90
J. Landers

Thanks for the replies.

Well I wasn't until I took it on vacation for 3 weeks. It is just too small for my family. When I started building the ultimate D90 in my mind I did not have a kid, now I do. I need something bigger...like a 110. By the time you get all your gear in there that you need, plus all the stuff for 3 people, you can't hardly see out the windows. And the only thing that I can think of that would make me sell my D90 is my daughter...so I need something bigger. It is on eBay, I am sure if you look you can't miss it. Just listed it Tuesday.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat