Buying Art Vigil's 90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 18th, 2005, 11:59 AM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

Buying Art Vigil's 90

So I finally found my dream 90, I am flying to Denver on Sunday and doing all of the paperwork Monday to purchase Art Vigil's Defender. I am terribly anxious to get out there and see the thing, he and I have been talking for about a month now and this is my first chance to get out there. Just curious if anyone had anything to say about his truck and Art, he has been great to deal with and must say I will be sad for him to part with it as it sounds like its his baby. At any rate if you guys have any comments I would love to hear them, and any advice as well would be appreciated if anything strikes anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2005, 12:19 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Well, I'm sad to hear. Art's stand up. And his truck is just as good. Hopefully we'll still see him here from time to time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 18th, 2005, 12:52 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Arts a great guy and his truck is one of the few red D90s I lust after. You'll be getting a great ride.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Never pass up on an opportunity to recognize a nice guy.
I only met Art once when I bought a drop curtain from him. We work in close proximity to each other and he was kind enough to drop my curtain off to me over his lunch break. He followed up with an e-mail to check if it was okay.
Art strikes me as the kind of guy you'd like to have along if you were up in the hills wheelin', and I have no doubt that when you see your new rig it will be as advertised.

I envy you your drive home.

Rod
Old March 19th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Britt Easterly
Britt Easterly
97 Defender 90

I've always loved that rig; hell I've always lusted after that rig. Wish you the best.

Britt

P.S. What kind of sliders was he running?
Old March 19th, 2005, 11:20 AM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

The one's on the truck now are Safarigard's but I think once I bring the baby home I might put on a set of slickrock's once they are available or those scorpion racing units with the steps (my girlfriend is only 5'2" so needs all the help she can get)
Old March 23rd, 2005, 10:15 PM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

Success!!! My father and I just finished the 1500 mile trip from Denver to Atlanta with no hiccups at all in my new (to me) D90. Art was a great guy to deal with and the truck was exactly as he told me it would me. The only slight inconvenience was his bank had the wrong title on hand so we had to drive to the central office in Boulder to get it. Otherwise without flaw...well except for the terrible weather. We got to drive through snow, sleet, ice, wind, rain, a couple tornadoes in the area. No sun the entire time until we reached Georgia this afternoon, seems to me the British car brought the Brit weather and then some. At any rate, I am totally ecstatic and have been back and forth all night admiring the red beauty in the driveway. Hope to get out and see some of you soon.
Old March 24th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Congrats! Glad you made it without a hitch! Now get some pics of it off road, then you will really appreciated it.
Old March 26th, 2005, 10:18 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
awesome, I wonder if Art misses it yet, that SW has the coolest RW bumper
Old March 26th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Welcome!
Wow Denver to Atlanta. And I thought driving from SC to PA was far. Good luck.
Old March 28th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

I think these long drives right after buying serve as a good new owner break-in period. Mine came from Boston. Along the way, I learned that despite all the noise and racket, lousy mileage, heat, and what have you, a Defender truly is special. That it didn't break down saved me from a lot of embarrasment and grief from those who, in '99, thought I was crazy buying a car sight unseen off the internet. Before doing another trip like that, though, some sedation might be in order.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, buying