Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 21st, 2012, 07:07 AM
StphNieuw
Stephan
Former owner of a 84 D90 RHD 2.5 NA

Buying Advice

Hi all,
I have been looking at a series LR, and found this one. The seller has the import cents and EPA exemption papers. I have already asked for additional photos of the door frames (bottom of doors), interior, frame and bulkhead. It doesn't sound rusty. My main questions are how does one price One of these vehicles? It appears pretty in line with other series iii. Electrics are ok as well according to the owner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-...3#ht_500wt_948

Any other thoughts? Or questions I need to be asking?

-Stephan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 21st, 2012, 08:24 AM
StphNieuw
Stephan

Also is this the right area to post this? I wouldn't categorize this as a tech discussion and it's not really suitable under the wanted section.
Old January 21st, 2012, 11:22 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
From a quick look at the pics it does appear to be well sorted with no major rust issues - but more detailed photos of the chassis, including the outriggers & footwells, would be advised. I also highly recommend an in person inspection or PPI by a board member or shop if you're serious about buying. Rovers Down South (George) is down that way.

For me - and this is again just me - the RHD would be a downfall in a Series, but the real killer would be the SIII plastic dash. As I always say, if you want a plastic dash buy a Jeep . But seriously, a metal dash is where it's at in a Series...I was thinking that just this morning as I was in my '71 IIA barreling down the highway somewhat recklessly in the snow and checking my temp gauge to make sure my radiator muff was doing its job. I just feel like something would have been lost if I was looking down at the hideous monstrosity of a plastic dash that Rover was forced to redesign to meet safety specs with ugly-ass crash pads and the like. Whoops...sorry for the rant .
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:59 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Join R.O.V.E.R.S. and look for a good one with the club's help.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
StphNieuw
Stephan

Thanks guys. I agree it looks like a nice little truck but I think I'm going to hold off and take my time. To behonest im generally not a big fan of buying sight unseen especially for big ticket items. The guy selling was very good and answered questions fairly and fast but I would want to check it out in person when the next good one rolls around. Didnt now about r.o.v.e.r.s so will have to check it out. Thanks
Old January 22nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by StphNieuw View Post
Also is this the right area to post this? I wouldn't categorize this as a tech discussion and it's not really suitable under the wanted section.
Nope. I couldn't think of anything better than Misc Chit Chat though so that's where I moved it .

I would definitely go see any truck in person before buying. Good luck finding a truck!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
buying