Buying a truck on Ebay - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 27th, 2015, 08:31 PM
David Porter
Buying a truck on Ebay

Just wanted to share a recent experience with Ebay and buying a vehicle. I was in contact with a seller who had received and oral offer to purchase a truck but still had a buy it now listing on Ebay. The seller had told me that he had a previous deal and that he planned on removing the auction but I could click the buy it now button to be a backup buyer. I clicked buy it now for a price greater than his agreed transaction. I contacted ebay to see what the contractual obligations were on Ebay for a vehicle. I was told that because of various state laws that all vehicle transactions were non binding transactions and basically you can back out for any reason. I've always wondered why so many vehicles are listed and sold so many times. It appears that you can refuse to complete a transaction for about any reason and your only recourse is to leave negative feedback. I just wanted to post this so those who have not been involved with selling a vehicle on ebay would know how it works. I actually have a couple trucks I planned on listing but after learning this it seems to be a complete waste of time on money.

Old August 27th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Jeff B
it's called side-dealing

Real Rovers have round headlights!

Rent my beach house!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old August 27th, 2015, 09:30 PM
90, D-I, & 109 Coiler S/T 5-door
I view it as national advertising, nothing more...
Old August 27th, 2015, 10:11 PM
87 D110 (Ruby)
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
I view it as national advertising, nothing more...
Yup yup yup
"The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
Old August 28th, 2015, 01:15 AM
72 + D1 drivetrain
I wanted to link a thread by Jackie Treehorn on the same subject but it has mysteriously disappeared.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

buying, ebay