Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

Old September 5th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpilot View Post

I would post some exposed baby feeding systems, but this is a family oriented board.
Mud Pit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 5th, 2014, 12:34 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
We actually built that last year just for the airport, it is filled with water to give it even more weight. We also have what is kind of like a big square I beam & rebar box blade like thing we drag as well from chains. That flattens the dunes. Didn't think to get a pic of the dune buster hooked up. Next time I pull something out of the mine with the Defender, I'll remember to get some pics of it. The most interesting thing I did with the Land Rover in tractor mode was with my old Series III diesel. I pulled a J-79 engine (F4 Phantom) on a skid stand into my C2 Greyhound via a snatch block and out the crew door. The winch system broke and the normal aircraft tow tractor couldn't move it. The Italians where impressed, Questo machine e un Armado (that thing is a tank!). I would post some exposed baby feeding systems, but this is a family oriented board.
Awesome story!
Old September 5th, 2014, 12:51 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:

I would post some exposed baby feeding systems, but this is a family oriented board.

Move this thread to mud pit or start a new one.

Old September 5th, 2014, 01:23 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
would post some exposed baby feeding systems, but this is a family oriented board.
Please send them to my e-mail and I will decide if they are suitable for this site.
Old September 5th, 2014, 02:04 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Please send them to my e-mail and I will decide if they are suitable for this site.
You prob need a second set of eyes too Josh
Old February 18th, 2015, 04:11 PM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
Got tickets today. Friend of mine also got tickets but no vehicle pass. Wondering what the trip to BRC would be like in the Carawagon packed with 4 people and pulling a Sankey loaded with bicycles and alcohol?

Guess I'll need to get a Salisbury in there at a minimum!
Old February 18th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
Heard it sold out in two hours. Good for you guys.
Old February 18th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Dogpilot
James Wallace
Defender 90 1997 NAS ST

Registry
Well, you can try the online begging routine for the vehicle pass, always worked for me. This year I have creds, so I get another staff pass. Then again I'm flying the 185 in this year, ORG is giving me two vehicles to do the build of the airport. While your there, stop by the Airport camp, its at point 5. Get you on the ride list for an aerial tour. Or you can come by drink some of our booze and hook the rover up and help the "Piltdown Men", we aren't so evolved, with the runway. Dust to mud to runway...

BTW, my Playa name is also Dogpilot and I can be reached on the ORG radio on the airport channel (was ORG 1 channel 8 last year), ask any Ranger to call me.
Old February 18th, 2015, 06:16 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Well, you can try the online begging routine for the vehicle pass, always worked for me. This year I have creds, so I get another staff pass. Then again I'm flying the 185 in this year, ORG is giving me two vehicles to do the build of the airport. While your there, stop by the Airport camp, its at point 5. Get you on the ride list for an aerial tour. Or you can come by drink some of our booze and hook the rover up and help the "Piltdown Men", we aren't so evolved, with the runway. Dust to mud to runway...

BTW, my Playa name is also Dogpilot and I can be reached on the ORG radio on the airport channel (was ORG 1 channel 8 last year), ask any Ranger to call me.
You haven't been on the board for a month (I was about to give you a welfare check phone call) and somebody posts the words "Burning Man" and bam, you're back. LOL!!! Hope all is well my friend!
Old February 18th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Dogpilot
James Wallace
Defender 90 1997 NAS ST

Registry
Been back & forth to Mexico, that and skiing. It has been warm up here for the last two weeks so I got the Defender out of the hanger and went for a ride south of Walnut canyon, waaaaay back in the forest. Got nice & muddy, between patches of snow:

Old February 20th, 2015, 09:28 AM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
Quote:
Fantastic, I'll look you up when we get out there. Lots of work to do if the Carawagon if it is going to be our ride. One of our group may ride a motorcycle which would help just a little bit. I read somewhere that the # of vehicle permits was cut pretty drastically this year to help ease the traffic congestion.
Old August 21st, 2015, 08:21 AM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
So the plan to drive the Carawagon has been shelved. Blew my knee in April and it's been hard to get anything done to get it ready. So it will be the exmod 110 pulling the newly acquired Sankey.

Hope the reported infestation is out of there soon!
Old August 21st, 2015, 08:36 AM
Dogpilot
James Wallace
Defender 90 1997 NAS ST

Registry
I am flying out tomorrow to complete the Runway Build. I did the survey and lay out for the water trucks to work on the 1st thought he 4th of August. I now have to set up all the markers, windsocks, chevrons, towers and a hundred other nauseating other details. We are getting a couple of hundred aircraft this year.

Bugs, screw the bugs, it is the bats that bug me. It is the desert, and most of the folks up there are city folk at the moment. They are surprised that bugs collect if you leave the lights on, duh. Anyhow, I wouldn't sweat them, it is again the desert and their life cycle will mostly be over by the time the event starts on the 31st. There was a crapload of rain there (relatively speaking) this year, so the bugs bloomed. I didn't get any bites or problems with them for the week I was there. It could have been I smelled so bad from humping survey gear all over the playa and towing a bunch of heavy equipment around. Bugs have standards as well.

Come out to Pt5, the airport. Ask somebody with a radio for Dogpilot. Unfortunately, they will be able to find me. The other guy doing management broke his neck three weeks ago hiking. SO now I have even more work I didn't want to do. My buds and I are thinking of going to Afrikaburn next year and bagging the US one. We are thinking of flying the North Atlantic and coming down through west Africa to SA. I'd drive, but I've done that before, takes way too long.
Old August 21st, 2015, 09:54 AM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

What kind of bugs are out there? Is it the Mormon crickets? I haven't seen them around here for a long time.
Old August 21st, 2015, 02:05 PM
Dogpilot
James Wallace
Defender 90 1997 NAS ST

Registry
Apparently it is the Candiru. The one that swims up your willy.

Actually they are seed borers and the common green stinkbug. The seed borers will poke you looking for moisture, but do not sting. The stink bug, well if you crush or piss them off, spray their fragrant mustard spittle which can irritate the skin. They all will be dead by next weekend.
Old August 21st, 2015, 02:52 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Apparently it is the Candiru. The one that swims up your willy
Old August 21st, 2015, 08:52 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

lol well what do you know, I too will be heading out to the playa next week. This is my first time, I will be towing a 27 foot trailer with my work truck (2002) GMC. I don't think any of my D's could tow a trailer up that far anyway so I'm using my truck, plus all the other gear needed like my generator and other crap. I taking 2 other folks with me as well.

Robert Deniro
Old August 21st, 2015, 08:57 PM
Dogpilot
James Wallace
Defender 90 1997 NAS ST

Registry
You know the VW guys have the VW camp, we could start a Land Rover Camp, there was one other out there last year. He parked next to me at the commissary, but I never actually met him. Arles Blue one.
Old August 21st, 2015, 09:02 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
lol well what do you know, I too will be heading out to the playa next week. This is my first time, I will be towing a 27 foot trailer with my work truck (2002) GMC. I don't think any of my D's could tow a trailer up that far anyway so I'm using my truck, plus all the other gear needed like my generator and other crap. I taking 2 other folks with me as well.
I can't wait to see these pics!
Old August 21st, 2015, 09:17 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

LA to Black rock city is a long way to bring a D90 let alone a 27 ft trailer. I wish I could now. Mabye if I swap to an LS block in the future?

Robert Deniro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat