Bundutop tents.. Any experiences.. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 29th, 2015, 02:06 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Bundutop tents.. Any experiences..

Been looking and trying to decide on the hard shell roof tent I want... Anyone had any experience with the bundutop hard shells..???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2015, 10:35 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Yep.. Just as I figured.....when I actually want someone's opinion, all I hear is crickets...... They ain't cheap but I bought one anyway..will post up pics soon..
Old January 31st, 2015, 10:49 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I have no experience with this product but will say it's good just because it's from SA

But really, I think you need something like this electric lifter to make your plan useful. I still think making the whole top pop up would be better though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2015, 11:00 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

I was thinking along those lines before but since I would need to make the top longer also so that it was long enough to sleep in it was posing some more logistical problems.. Coupled with having to have a bunch of awning sides etc custom made get problematic, also I like the size of the windows on all four sides, gives better ventilation and visibility from there, also much more airy when using just as standing room.. And there is also the warranty support if something does break..they just ship me in new parts..I really like the self deploying roof surround... Should make it a lot more user friendly in England etc when it's raining all the time..also keeps the sides from snow and ice accumulation hopefully..

------ Follow up post added January 31st, 2015 11:07 AM ------

I bought this tent out of Iowa from Freedom Campers... And so far their customer service has been outstanding.. Tent was in stock, crated and shipped the very next day.. Very happy..they also have a very nice 270 degree awning that is sloped, my biggest concern with most of the batwing or fox wing awnings was rain and snow accumulation in the fabric causing problems.. Their version should eliminate these concerns.. Would love to have done one on mine but my design doesn't facilitate it.. And theirs is much more reasonably priced..
Old February 2nd, 2015, 01:50 AM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

No experience with that tent but I head over to Expedition Portal when I want to nerd out over RTT's or any other camping / overlanding related content.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 02:10 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Yep.. Me too...complete. Build thread on there under the land rover section of my 110 previously and my current build of 130..
Old February 2nd, 2015, 01:35 PM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Yep.. Me too...complete. Build thread on there under the land rover section of my 110 previously and my current build of 130..
Yeah man, no sooner had I imparted my wisdom than I went over there and stumbled onto your thread!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags