Building a rear swing away tire carrier - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:10 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Mildly touched that it comes up at rallies. Kinda creepy it comes up on phone calls. What kind of phone calls are you having? Some people find it funny some don't. I guess that is a pitfall of a public forum. Half the time the board is dead and it breaks up the day when nothing is going on but then again I could be wrong and just feel self important.

As for Jason, it is funny because he sent me a PM about the thread and how people jumped on him for nothing and how it was absurd. We talked and I think I set him in the right direction and he was grateful.

I have no stereotypes about the Carolinas. I go every year to Asheville North Carolina. I love it down there like a brother inappropriately loves a sister.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:50 AM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

Can't we all just get along?
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:59 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

You should use the search function to see if we can get along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:59 AM
TS888
Tony Sims
1984 110

FFS... Yes people should try to search -- but what's the point of a message board if all we do is search? Might as well shut the board down and just use Google.

Also, there are newer people with different experience who may not have posted details of their solution before. This feels very much like DWeeb and Pirate -- "SEARCH ASSH*LE" is the default answer to everything.

Below are a couple pics showing the homebrew on my RRC. It was made from square tube, basically just a big "T" with a triangular plate of 1/4" welded to the join of the T for stiffness. The axle of the trailer hub was welded to a bracket that was welded to the bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steens1.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	39835   Click image for larger version

Name:	steens2.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	637.3 KB
ID:	39836  

Originally Posted by chris snell
This is straight out of the Manual for Build Builders.
Tony
1984 110 "Smokey" (sold)
Old June 24th, 2011, 02:07 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS888 View Post
FFS... Yes people should try to search -- but what's the point of a message board if all we do is search? Might as well shut the board down and just use Google.

Also, there are newer people with different experience who may not have posted details of their solution before. This feels very much like DWeeb and Pirate -- "SEARCH ASSH*LE" is the default answer to everything.

Below are a couple pics showing the homebrew on my RRC. It was made from square tube, basically just a big "T" with a triangular plate of 1/4" welded to the join of the T for stiffness. The axle of the trailer hub was welded to a bracket that was welded to the bumper.

I am not one to always use "google" or the search functions. Over time technology and opinions change.

For an example hit this link: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rovers+out+east and we will be reminded of a thread on this forum. I am not saying I agree or disagree with that discussion but when you search and find info it might not be true.
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:37 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

I think the time factor is important. Some subjects were discussed deeply but after a couple of years new feedbacks can be given.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
carrier, tire, tire carrier, wing