Old July 22nd, 2008, 05:11 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklhrt508
I am just offering my experience to thread discussing British Rovers.
Right, duly noted. I would simply like you to not create and stifle discussion simulaneously - you can't have it both ways. And naturally, a couple guys here don't represent the d90 community, but one of the guys owns this sandbox, we get to play by his rules if we want to play in it.

Plus, if you're looking for a circle-jerk, reach around, flame war or whatever you are into, you probably should look elsewhere. We try to keep this board constructive and free of the unecessary BS like "who shot John" arguments.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2008, 06:21 PM
JRW
John
94 D90 ST #1247

On a constructive note, I am finalizing my purchase of a 94 White ST from Brit Rover. I have worked with Erich and his team and am happy with their knowledge and service. I also made the trip to their shop and the vehicle was in the described condition. They are even working with me to resolve a couple small issues uncovered during my inspection. Feel free to PM me with any questions on my experience with them.

Hopefully Santa's sleigh will arrive in the next two weeks in the form of a car-carrier transporting my first Defender!!!
Old July 22nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Chris, I still don't think you understand what happened, so I'll try to speak a...little...slower... for... you.
Hey smart ass.. I dont care what happened. I dont care that you come on here on my site and give your feedback, positive or negative, after all thats part of what the forum is for but what I do care about is you throwing a hissy fit after slamming someone, by actually try telling them NOT to discuss it further or you would take it to other boards. Do you not remember typing this just a few posts ago:
Quote:
I suggest you end this discussion with me. Our I will be more than happy to continue this discussion on other boards.
And then your 180 turn around following up with this:
Quote:
you are underestimating my resolve. I am not going anywhere.
"Speak slower for me"? I think you need to revisit that whole "I'll speak slower" thing again for your own benefit, because clearly your fingers and brain are not riding the same short bus.

Quote:
If you or British Rovers think you can spin your way out of this, you are underestimating my resolve. I am not going anywhere. I think the longer and wider this discusion goes on the better. So keep talking.
Have you hit your head on a sharp corner, because you make about as much sense as someone who has.
I have no partnerships/associations with British Rovers nor is there anything for me to "spin out of". You and British Rovers can present each of your respective sides publicly until the cows come home for all I care.

Quote:
I have my ebay bid, my second chance offer, various email and voice mail correspondence with Erich and the owner discussing my purchase. I am out 300 dollars for my plane ticket, the vehicle and Yes, I am pissed.
Ok so lets recap:
- You didnt win the eBay auction, meet the reserve, and/or use the "Buy Now" feature (if provided) so you have no financial claim on the truck,
- You submitted a "Second Chance" offer (which reinforces my above statement) that the seller is not obligated to agree to, so again, no financial claim on the truck,
- You say you have all this communication about discussing your purchase, but no mention of you actually sending a deposit check to lock in the agreement, so for all we know, you were nothing more than a web-tire kicker. Anyone who has sold a car or anything online knows these people well. What possibly could have made you any different?
I know.. how about sending.. A... D..E..P..O..S..I..T... C..H..E..C..K. (did you notice how slow I said that for ya sport?).
- You spent $300 on airfair... who cares, whats your point? Is this your first time riding on a fly-fly?? Pick up the phone or go online and get a refund/flight credit like every one else in the world does when a travel plan tanks. This also reinforces the idea that you never sent a deposit check because if you are whining about refundable air fare, I'm sure you would be putting yourself on a cross about a deposit check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Sounds like the seller is an asshole.
Yes Jim, how dare he sell to someone who actually paid for the truck. What an asshole indeed.

Quote:
I'm not looking to join your circle jerk, and don't need your help. Get over yourself DUDE. You and a couple of your friends don't represent the D90 community. I am just offering my experience to thread discussing British Rovers. I'm sorry that you feel I pissed in your sand box.
LOL... That's awesome.. an 8 post wonder-fail is now going to tell us who represents the D90 community because of your obvious grasp of the community.

Dude.. you didn't even come close to pissing in my sand box, you simply fell flat on your clown nose face before you ever had the chance to open your fly.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW
On a constructive note, I am finalizing my purchase of a 94 White ST from Brit Rover. I have worked with Erich and his team and am happy with their knowledge and service. I also made the trip to their shop and the vehicle was in the described condition. They are even working with me to resolve a couple small issues uncovered during my inspection. Feel free to PM me with any questions on my experience with them.

Hopefully Santa's sleigh will arrive in the next two weeks in the form of a car-carrier transporting my first Defender!!!
Welcome to the group! If you are looking for more Rover friends near you, stop by the Texas Rovers website and pop into the Dallas chapter section. In fact if you aren't doing anything tonight, the club's monthly meeting is happening tonight in a few hours.. here is the details if you want to go say Hi

http://www.texasrovers.org/e107_plug...opic.php?12098

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

I can't imagine a more effective way to discredit yourself with the people on this board than to insult Chris.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:36 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Chris, I think he was lashing out at Flipped Rover more so then you.

I'm sure none of us will really grasp all the details of this situation. Including those involved.

But the guy who is unhappy needs to just step back from this situation and look elsewhere for a defender. It just wasn't meant to be my friend. Could have been the best plane ticket you ever purchased to take the bull by the horns on this one. Thats how you got to look at it.

Tell you what lets all give him a hand here since he thinks he got the short end of the stick. I bet someone here would like to see you get something you would be happy with after your less then positive experience.

Tell us your specs and desires in a defender and maybe someone reading will crop up with what you want.
If I know of something I will let you know about it. Maybe even the guys you got crossed up with might let one slip out for you. That you can go to direct.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:54 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Anyway, how is it that a dealer beats out a private party on a sale unless you made some low-ball offer? Dealers have to pay a lower price to stay in business, but if you were a private party offering a wholesale price for a truck, then you didn't have a very strong offer to begin with.

Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

This guy has issues and is clearly off his meds. He made it pretty obvious to us.

To briefly recap: the vehicle was on ebay with a very reasonable buy-it-now, for a whole week. Anyone,anywhere could have bought it at any time.
This is a 70k mile vehicle. Nice two owner southern truck.Very nice, but not perfect. We are not talking about the Holy Grail of Defenders by any means. There is no way in hell Mr. Stroker here was gonna buy it. He might have flown up there and jerked the guy around quite a bit, but he would not pull the trigger. The seller must have sensed that. He was probably already worn out by him.
He has been doing this all over Florida. Drove across the state three times to kick our tires. Erich loves to talk Rovers all day long and has the patience of a saint. He didn't mind.

Flippedrover is on the right track.This guy is not defender material. I suggest one of those new cross-dresser, or whatever they are called, vehicles.

Pendy, you might want to re-consider your generous offer.

The guy is a "time Vampire".
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Well lets hope he comes back and retorts. Must be good meds to keep him from striking out like that without good reason.

Been in similar circumstances to what you describe. Not the bright side of it all fer sure.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat