Brexit - Page 6 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 28th, 2016, 12:37 AM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Before there are any more defectord, now the long term truth comes out

EU referendum: German and French to unveil European superstate blueprint post-Brexit | Politics | News | Daily Express
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2016, 12:56 AM
javelinadave
-
-

This!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	152693  
Old June 28th, 2016, 02:07 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Typical.
Focusing on women's appearance.

What about Trumps hair and Mexican clothing?

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Elbee
Lance
1989 110 200tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Typical.

Trump is a real life cartoon, it is no surprise he the hair and clothing. Its so obvious it is not worth pointing.
Old June 28th, 2016, 08:57 AM
GuamPilot
Mike & Carrie Wendt
1986 90 2.5NA

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viton View Post
Why is this idea of a European "super state" a surprise? It is the next logical evolution from the current European Union. This will bring the EU into an organizational structure more like the U.S. Federal system.

The U.S. system has worked for 240 years by finding a balance (and constantly being re-balanced) between states rights and federal oversight. The current EU organization has too much 'states rights' to effectively function as a single "country".

The other thing the EU needs to change is to directly elect the representatives in Brussels.

I'm not saying the 'super state' (effectively a 'United States of Europe') is right or wrong, or a good or bad idea, but it is the next logical evolution.

Mike
Old June 28th, 2016, 10:28 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Typical.

Watching the Bengazi news conference now. The are definitely NOT focusing on what she was wearing.
Four men died and Hillary lied.
Old June 28th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Watching the Bengazi news conference now. The are definitely NOT focusing on what she was wearing.
And the sad part is that the vast majority of her voters simply don't care about her history and behavior.

Since she is a "woman", it'll be the same reason Obama was elected just for being black, that she'll be voted for.
Old June 28th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Are they still wasting time on Benghazi?

The real story is that the Republican congress removed millions of dollars from the embassy security budget then seek to blame H and O for the deaths. Perhaps some of the millions they have wasted on the "inquiry" should be put to better use guarding embassies.
Old June 28th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viton View Post
Obama was elected just for being black
errr...no.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Old June 28th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
It would seem the release of what, the ninth investigation into Benghazi has in fact concluded that diplomacy in troubled places is dangerous.

Congrats Congress, you've done precious little in the past eight years but you've stumbled onto something that anyone in that business has known for a long, long time.

Do we think we've wasted enough money on this now?

I don't mean to be callous-and for those swooping in with outrage bear in mind I just spent two years directly involved in the business of diplomatic security-I just find the selective outrage somewhat hypocritical.

Put another way, if these four people who died doing what they had a calling to do, where they do it, are emblematic of HRC, the Obama Administration, and the DNC writ large then so be it. Given that 9/11 happened on the Bush/RNC side of the aisle can we all collectively agree that party should never be responsible for the collective security of a swim meet moving forward given the tremendous difference in order of magnitude? Oh wait, 9/11 is different...can't hold an individual responsible for that b/c its too big.
Old June 28th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Typical.

There are great memes for that too.
Old June 28th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Quote:
Typical.

True, focusing on her frumpy dress and shrill, screeching voice really does not do justice to the real issues of her illegal, unethical, dishonest lying ways. Not to mention the fact that she is owned by Wall Street banks and was a shitty Secretary of State and thus does not deserve a promotion but does deserve to go to prison.
Old June 28th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Going after coal use wasn't enough, now they're coming after natural gas use.

North American Leaders Meet, With Brexit and Trump Clouding Ties - Bloomberg Politics
Old June 28th, 2016, 12:59 PM
pl626
Peter
1995 Range Rover County SWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
It would seem the release of what, the ninth investigation into Benghazi has in fact concluded that diplomacy in troubled places is dangerous.

Congrats Congress, you've done precious little in the past eight years but you've stumbled onto something that anyone in that business has known for a long, long time.

I don't mean to be callous-and for those swooping in with outrage bear in mind I just spent two years directly involved in the business of diplomatic security-I just find the selective outrage somewhat hypocritical.

Put another way, if these four people who died doing what they had a calling to do, where they do it, are emblematic of HRC, the Obama Administration, and the DNC writ large then so be it. Given that 9/11 happened on the Bush/RNC side of the aisle can we all collectively agree that party should never be responsible for the collective security of a swim meet moving forward given the tremendous difference in order of magnitude? Oh wait, 9/11 is different...can't hold an individual responsible for that b/c its too big.

Well put! But let's face it, both parties suck. It's way beyond time to clean house and start over...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'87 HD FLST w/ '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
'02 Hobie Getaway
Old June 28th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:

I think the selective outrage you reference was due to the dishonest spin the media and public were fed. Why and how was that even remotely productive ? You likely know better than most how often that does or doesn't happen from a military ops/ intelligence/diplomacy standpoint and I personally doubt one party is more or less culpable (historically) than the other for our previous diplomatic blunders. I think everyone is sick of the repeated investigations and tens of millions spent.
Everyone wants change. Imo the problem or national frustration, is the fortitude/turpitude of the candidates for the job.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 28th, 2016, 01:39 PM
GuamPilot
Mike & Carrie Wendt
1986 90 2.5NA

Registry
Quote:

Not until Hilary fully, clearly and unambiguously admits that she lied for years about the circumstances of Benghazi. And that her motivation for lying was personal and to advance her political career.

Just looking for the truth.

Mike
Old June 28th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuamPilot View Post
Not until Hilary fully, clearly and unambiguously admits that she lied for years about the circumstances of Benghazi. And that her motivation for lying was personal and to advance her political career.

Just looking for the truth.

Mike
I think the lying is as much a matter of political perspective as anything.

Put another way, looking for an honest politician is like looking for fidelity from a stripper you are dating. Its not the stripper that's at fault.
Old June 28th, 2016, 01:55 PM
GuamPilot
Mike & Carrie Wendt
1986 90 2.5NA

Registry
Quote:
I think the lying is as much a matter of political perspective as anything.

Put another way, looking for an honest politician is like looking for fidelity from a stripper you are dating. Its not the stripper that's at fault.
OMG!!!! You just managed to put an image of Hilary as a stripper in my mind!!!!

MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!

Old June 28th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
I think the selective outrage you reference was due to the dishonest spin the media and public were fed. Why and how was that even remotely productive ? You likely know better than most how often that does or doesn't happen from a military ops/ intelligence/diplomacy standpoint and I personally doubt one party is more or less culpable (historically) than the other for our previous diplomatic blunders. I think everyone is sick of the repeated investigations and tens of millions spent.
Everyone wants change. Imo the problem or national frustration, is the fortitude/turpitude of the candidates for the job.
I get what you are saying, in many ways it illustrates the very worst part of the current administration-they treat everything as though its a political campaign. The overbloated NSC and the tight control exerted allows for things to get out of hand if the narrative (or the facts) drift from the talking points.

I just think all of it has to be taken in context and it so rarely is when talking politics. You can't swing a dead cat without someone screaming about 4 dead people in Benghazi.

I have numbers too. Mine also starts with four. It just also has a 5, a 0, and a 2 to make 4502-and better yet, it also involves lying.

As far as change goes, we'll see how much change people really want-I'm not sure it's as big a number as its volume connotes. Nov will not come soon enough.
Old June 28th, 2016, 01:58 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuamPilot View Post
OMG!!!! You just managed to put an image of Hilary as a stripper in my mind!!!! MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!
$50k pants suits come off too quickly! Not enough moving parts ;-)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat