Boston - NYC - Philly - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:12 PM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Boston - NYC - Philly

I will be driving between the three this weekend picking up engines and transmissions. If anyone needs anything moved let me know.

Boston - NYC - Philly
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:18 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,686
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
I will be driving between the three this weekend picking up engines and transmissions. If anyone needs anything moved let me know.

Boston - NYC - Philly
Good RURR run.

Going to see Ron?
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:56 PM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
yup going to see Ron. Bobeck came up this past weekend too but I didn't know Ron had what I needed! damnit
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:59 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,686
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
yup going to see Ron. Bobeck came up this past weekend too but I didn't know Ron had what I needed! damnit
What are you looking for?

I just sent Ron a list of all the parts I saw. We spent several hours sorting parts.
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old October 12th, 2011, 01:12 PM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Transmissions
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old October 12th, 2011, 02:12 PM
ron's Avatar
ron
Status: Offline
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Harwichport MA
Posts: 5,364
what are you getting in boston?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old October 12th, 2011, 03:21 PM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron View Post
what are you getting in boston?
Jarek is getting a Merc diesel engine
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old October 12th, 2011, 03:53 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Stop by Copley on your way in to Boston and say hi to Keith.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old October 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM
oilburner's Avatar
oilburner
Status: Offline
JL
large pile of parts
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: No guns, no crime, no one
Posts: 504
Buy these!

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/2644069761.html
__________________
JL
1994 Defender 110 300TDI 3 door
Series/Defender 6BT/NV4500 crew cab project (slowly merging with the above)
Diesel-swapped 1994 80 series Land-cruiser
And a difflocked 4wd turbodiesel Lambo
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old October 12th, 2011, 04:42 PM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilburner View Post
Actually I may go up to Ottawa sometime soon too to pick something up. You need anything from Ben's? I don't think I can drag that FC101 up to you
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old October 12th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
Jarek is getting a Merc diesel engine
DI transplant?
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old October 12th, 2011, 09:31 PM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
DI transplant?
We are going diesel. Im sick of gas and deep water and I want longer fuel range. Jarek putting a Merc in and im going to put a 300tdi in. And maybe a tdi into my RRC!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old October 12th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88

We are going diesel. Im sick of gas and deep water and I want longer fuel range. Jarek putting a Merc in and im going to put a 300tdi in. And maybe a tdi into my RRC!
Cool, is all this taking place at B & J 's place? Winter project ?
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:37 AM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Cool, is all this taking place at B & J 's place? Winter project ?
Yup! I imagine it will be done in under a month. J is like a little kid when he gets a new toy. He has to be out in the garage tinkering with it til it works.

After our Gaspé trip last month we decided we need diesels.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:11 AM
oilburner's Avatar
oilburner
Status: Offline
JL
large pile of parts
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: No guns, no crime, no one
Posts: 504
Welcome to the dark oily smelly side then... I guess...

If you're coming up here, Ben has some 110 2nd row door shells for me, they are rusty and bare shells so not too heavy. You need a place to crash in Ottawa? You're welcome at our place...

BTW If you guys want to go back to Gaspé, I'd love to come along, probably with the Land-Cruiser diesel...
__________________
JL
1994 Defender 110 300TDI 3 door
Series/Defender 6BT/NV4500 crew cab project (slowly merging with the above)
Diesel-swapped 1994 80 series Land-cruiser
And a difflocked 4wd turbodiesel Lambo
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
More like in a weekend and I couldn't agree more *LOL*




Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
Yup! I imagine it will be done in under a month. J is like a little kid when he gets a new toy. He has to be out in the garage tinkering with it til it works.

After our Gaspé trip last month we decided we need diesels.
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:14 AM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilburner View Post
Welcome to the dark oily smelly side then... I guess...

If you're coming up here, Ben has some 110 2nd row door shells for me, they are rusty and bare shells so not too heavy. You need a place to crash in Ottawa? You're welcome at our place...

BTW If you guys want to go back to Gaspé, I'd love to come along, probably with the Land-Cruiser diesel...
If I do head up I will bring what you need. And I'm sure we will be up to Canada again soon! Its so close and the trails up there are great. I actually think we might do something in Ottawa sooner than Gaspé... but seeing the reaction on Expo Portal on Gaspé, we might get a larger group to go next time and finally conquer it!

How is the wiring loom going on the LC? I saw Bobeck this past weekend and he was giving me the lowdown on it.

Goose - I think we should set up a time laps camera and see how quick its in the Disco.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Dan,

I might stop over on a weekend so I can meet the baby, and after few cool ones it will be done before I drive back to MD *S*
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM
oilburner's Avatar
oilburner
Status: Offline
JL
large pile of parts
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: No guns, no crime, no one
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
If I do head up I will bring what you need. And I'm sure we will be up to Canada again soon! Its so close and the trails up there are great. I actually think we might do something in Ottawa sooner than Gaspé... but seeing the reaction on Expo Portal on Gaspé, we might get a larger group to go next time and finally conquer it!

How is the wiring loom going on the LC? I saw Bobeck this past weekend and he was giving me the lowdown on it.
The diesel swapped Cruiser's been kickin ass and taking names for 5K miles so far, I got it all back together the day before the OVLR Birthday Party and have been daily driving it all summer including a few back woods trips similar to Gaspé for fishing. Diesel makes it so much easier to bush wack, I used to have to pack in fuel for these trips and now I still have a 1/4 tank after a weekend of exploring.

The swap is written up here: FZJ80 Swap
__________________
JL
1994 Defender 110 300TDI 3 door
Series/Defender 6BT/NV4500 crew cab project (slowly merging with the above)
Diesel-swapped 1994 80 series Land-cruiser
And a difflocked 4wd turbodiesel Lambo
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:00 PM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Dan,

I might stop over on a weekend so I can meet the baby, and after few cool ones it will be done before I drive back to MD *S*
cool! I will be there for sure as my truck is on the chopping block right now. The beer will be flowing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	041.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	42720  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relocating to the Boston area Chaucer Misc. Chit-Chat 9 January 7th, 2006 08:51 AM
Best Route during Summer from Boston to Virginia 1of40 Defender Technical Discussions 5 June 16th, 2005 03:40 PM
Original cubby box, NYC pickup ONLY NASD90 For Sale - Parts 3 March 1st, 2005 05:31 PM
FS: NAS Fiberglass Top, NYC area NASD90 For Sale - Parts 1 September 1st, 2004 05:17 PM
LR3 Unveiling...in NYC dmarchand Trips, Trails and Events 3 March 29th, 2004 01:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Copyright