BLR out of business..?? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 19th, 2014, 06:57 PM
leeds
Brendan
1996/110 TDi

OK I live in the UK and do not understand all the in's and out of US law so if I make a mistake just ignore me.

When I looked for Berkshire Land Rover website a few days ago I am sure that it was down.

Now if you search for Berkshire Land Rover website up pops Berkshire Motor Car Company which is the trading name of Auto Exporters UK

If you look here http://companycheck.co.uk/director/913668673 you will see that Mr Mogford used to be a director of Auto Exporters UK.

My first question would be EXACTLY which company or bank account were the monies paid into?

Is that company still trading? Berkshire Land Rover takes you to Berkshire Motor Company so is that legally the same entity?

Now if you paid your money to BLR is/was BLR 100% owned by Auto Exporters UK or WMG Holdings. Would any holding companies be liable to the debts of a company it owns?

I think someone with the experience of company law needs to investigate this web of companies.

Whilst I think you might be urinating in the wind about getting your money back, the more this web can be exposed the better for all would be/Land Rover owners.

Good luck.

Brendan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Always a mystery why Land Rover didn't stop them from using that name.

There are two Berkshire Land Rovers out there.

One in Maidenhead (historically the questionable variety) and a second in Wembley Middlesex, that was formed in May 2014.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old August 19th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeds View Post
OK I live in the UK and do not understand all the in's and out of US law so if I make a mistake just ignore me.

When I looked for Berkshire Land Rover website a few days ago I am sure that it was down.

Now if you search for Berkshire Land Rover website up pops Berkshire Motor Car Company which is the trading name of Auto Exporters UK

If you look here http://companycheck.co.uk/director/913668673 you will see that Mr Mogford used to be a director of Auto Exporters UK.

My first question would be EXACTLY which company or bank account were the monies paid into?

Is that company still trading? Berkshire Land Rover takes you to Berkshire Motor Company so is that legally the same entity?

Now if you paid your money to BLR is/was BLR 100% owned by Auto Exporters UK or WMG Holdings. Would any holding companies be liable to the debts of a company it owns?

I think someone with the experience of company law needs to investigate this web of companies.

Whilst I think you might be urinating in the wind about getting your money back, the more this web can be exposed the better for all would be/Land Rover owners.

Good luck.

Brendan

Brendan, there have been a lot of useless first noob posters on this forum as of late, but I have to say that you're post, whether it pans out or not, was in my opinion a welcome and most valued contribution to this forum. Welcome and thank you mate!

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2014, 08:43 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Brendan, there have been a lot of useless first noob posters on this forum as of late, but I have to say that you're post, whether it pans out or not, was in my opinion a welcome and most valued contribution to this forum. Welcome and thank you mate!
Here here
Old August 20th, 2014, 04:54 AM
leeds
Brendan
1996/110 TDi

Thank you, I am glad my posts are not considered to be noob posts.

OK there may be confusion as there are differences between UK English and USA English and also the different legal systems.

One think I would like to point out is that Berkshire Land Rover (Sales) Ltd, based in Wembley and incorporated in May 2014 has Mr Charles Henry Mogford as director. Make of that bit of information what you will. That information is available on www.companycheck.co.uk

I would strongly advise people to do a good search on any companies before parting with money to a foreign company. Loosing 10 USD is a little bit annoying loosing a few thousand USD is more ten a little bit annoying.

Brendan
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Virginia Defender
Ed Stiefvater
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Hopefully you get your money back. Did you not google them before you sent money?
I did look into them, but not thoroughly enough obviously. I'd have never thought to check criminal records like that. Also, the majority of the information on them came about well after they had money from me.
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Defender View Post
I did look into them, but not thoroughly enough obviously. I'd have never thought to check criminal records like that. Also, the majority of the information on them came about well after they had money from me.
How long ago did you send them money ?

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...eferrerid=3511

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 20th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Virginia Defender
Ed Stiefvater
None

Initially in September of 2012. A lot of issues and lack of communication later, I was in the UK this year and gave them the rest of the deposit. Right after that they went silent. I should have known better, but I still believe in honest people. Unfortunately I keep meeting the ones that aren't.
Old August 20th, 2014, 12:53 PM
leeds
Brendan
1996/110 TDi

How was the money paid in the UK?

Credit card/debit card/paypal/bank transfer/cash? Have you got a proper receipt?

I would suggest you contact the local Trading Standard Office. They may be able to advise you the best way to go. Must be worth a couple of emails to the Trading Standards Office as they might be able to give you best advice.

In the UK it is illegal to trade when you know your company is insolvent. Also it is possible for people to be banned from being a company director for various financial irregularities.

Must be worth a few emails to the UK.

Brendan
Old August 20th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Steven White, General Manager
Berkshire Land Rover
1301 Sixth Avenue West
Suite 401
Bradenton, FL 34205
941-870-4766 Office
941-870-4722 Cell
866-870-3091 Fax
steve.white@berkshirelandrover.com
www.berkshirelandrover.com

Dividing Creek Imports

Old August 20th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Berkshire Land Rover
1301 Sixth Avenue West
Suite 401
Bradenton, FL 34205
941-870-4766 Office
941-870-4722 Cell
866-870-3091 Fax
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/steven-n-white/14/b34/652

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/wc_2...f0/159d732.jpg

His other business is Senior Business Consultant
JE Consulting LLC
May 2014 – Present (4 months)Bradenton, FL
JE Consulting LLC is a full service digital media firm based in New York and now expanding with personal attention to your business needs throughout Florida. We offer a wide range of cost effective options to design or redesign your website, provide state-of-the-art SEO and social media marketing, optimize your website for mobile devices and tablets, provide detailed analytics of your digital marketing investments, and offer a free evaluation of your current website and social media presence. In addition, through our relationship with North American Bancard, one of the Nation's largest merchant services processing companies, we can also offer very competitive rates on your all your credit/debit card transactions, terminals, and point of sale system; including the new Table POS technologies. Let us do a free comparison quote to see if we can save you real money on your merchant services expenses.

Visit us at www.je-consulting.org, email me at stevenn@je-consulting.org, or call me directly at 941-870-4722.

Old August 20th, 2014, 02:55 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Berkshire Land Rover
1301 Sixth Avenue West
Suite 401
Bradenton, FL 34205
941-870-4766 Office
941-870-4722 Cell
866-870-3091 Fax
Don't forget Kieron Sumner (not that any of the below will still work)
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/kieron-sumner/0/200/811
kieron.sumner@blr4x4.com
Phone US: 561 210 5747
Phone UK: +44 01628 566247
Kieron.sumner@berkshirelandrover.com

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...7&postcount=16
Old August 20th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I posted the fellow in Florida as he's on US soil and his cell number is listed. He looks like the only culpable party anyone might be able to attach/serve.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old August 27th, 2014, 02:01 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Rumor has it that he is back up and in business.. Purchased the "assets" of BlR and now calls himself something else..
Old August 27th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Virginia Defender
Ed Stiefvater
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Rumor has it that he is back up and in business.. Purchased the "assets" of BlR and now calls himself something else..

Some members here put me on to the right solicitor in the UK already. Thank you all for that by the way. I have sent my retainer and client agreement already. Will keep you updated as it goes, if it is allowed.
Old August 27th, 2014, 09:16 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Quite sure I can say this on behalf of most of us on this board... You are welcome.. Go get em tiger.. It's a shame to see someone causing such horrible business in the land rover community and thinking they can get away with it... I hope you get your deposit back and a pound of flesh for your troubles.. And yes... I for one would like to know how things go..
Old August 27th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

One thing they are good at is publicity. LRM is constantly publicizing their junk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat