Black D-90 sighting..... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 14th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Rover- Girl

Black D-90 sighting.....

LOCATION DESTIN, FLORIDA 4/12/06 @ about 18:00

My husband said he saw a black D-90 on the shoulder of hwy 98 with its emergency blinkers on.
The brief glance he took while driving by reviled a Bimini top and roof rack such as mine..
He stated that it was almost identical to mine, minus the surrey top & color !
I bitched him out for NOT stopping to help & possibly exchange phone #'s and so on he stated that the owner had already wondered off ( to get gas, help OWA ) since no one was in or around the truck.

By the time I got around to get my truck and run out there to meet these people
the truck was gone.
Any ideas who this could be !!??
Old April 14th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW
Hey Christine, you've got this Defender thing bad. With all these mods to your truck and then running out to meet another Defender owner on the side of the road!!

I would have done the same thing, my kids think I'm crazy.

Old April 16th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Hillbilly Raider
standard practice in my neck of the woods, what goes around turns around, you never know when it could be you sat on the side of the road!?
Have you guys checked out my new website?

A not quite over the HILLBilly.
Old April 18th, 2006, 03:46 PM
1967 Series IIA
About a year ago, I was driving home and was giving a lift part-way to a friend. Suddenly (and safely), I changed from left to right lanes to the shoulder. Once stopped, I shifted into reverse and backed up a hundred or so yards to the MGBGT that was stopped along side the road.

This particular section of highway has a rather large bus stop pull-out alongside the road so I was backing up away from the highway into the pull-out.

The fellow in the MGBGT is a friend of mine. He said there wasn't anything any of us, himself included, could do and that he had a tow truck en route. I left him with my cell phone before taking off.

Once back on the road again, my passenger turned to me and demanded to know whether I would do the same for her. My answer: To tell her the year, make and model of her car along with her license plate number.
Old April 20th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Rover- Girl

Well, I actually ran into the black D90 owner and his truck last night ( not literally )...
I was on my way home and noticed him driving out of a self storage place, I pulled in and we had a nice long conversation and sized up the trucks .
He happened to see me in the defender about a year ago and could not get the truck off his mind.
He also is a good friend of my neighbour who happens to own a local restaurant / bar / nightclub named fudpuckers in which he happens to perform on stage with a local Band called BLACK EYED BLOND
( vocals/guitar ).. also plays in a biker bar called Hellenback.
He said after he saw my truck, he had to have one and bought his on EBay, like I did.
Its a 1995 , black with a full top ( hard top ) pretty much stock and 155.000 miles on it.
I happened to have some cold beer in the truck ( well, I always do actually ) and we stood there
for over an hour drinking beer and checking out each other's ride...
I found out that he actually lives about 6 miles from my house we exchanged phone# and are going to meet at super-truck on Friday to see my buddy Gary, so we can start to get his D90 decked out
this is sooo exiting...wooohoooo ..another D90 right up the street, RIGHT ON !!!!!!!!
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:23 PM
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

You should get him hooked up on this site...

I am planning to bring my 90 down to Pensacola this summer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

90, ac, d-90, ht, sighting