Bike rack recommendation - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 12th, 2013, 11:09 AM
1994 D90 ST
Bike rack recommendation

Planning on purchasing a bike and need recommendation on a bike rack. Preferrably a 2 bike carrier. The bike rack will be use in a Land Rover LR3 and a Defender. Thanks in advance.

Old July 12th, 2013, 11:16 AM
barry f
94 ST #395
Tons of threads on racks. Personally I've been thru three and this one is my favorite. It's the easiest for my weird shaped frame and swings down so the rear door can be opened.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1356207622.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	570.5 KB
ID:	75770  

Originally Posted by DefenderPilot View Post
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Old July 12th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Jeff B.
Been a USCF racer for a LONG time (since age 10)....the best, by far, rack I have ever used and I have used them by .

Nothing touches the paint. I've got some machinist training...this is really, really well done. Way, way overbuilt. Elegant. Mine's been with me 8 years without any, any issues. Would by it again. I have the basic one with 3 bikes. I'd splurge today and get the heavy duty to get to a fourth bike....but frankly, I find 2 is the happy place for 99% of my needs.

It has sat on 2 rovers for all seasons....should/could be a Porsche product frankly. No, not cheap. No, it won't fail or break and dump your bikes. Machinists often stop me and ask about they admire the work in it.

I have no relationship with them whatsoever. It is just that good. I have the base and two extensions for 3 bikes total....the heavy duty (2" hitch unit came out before this HD one existed only takes 3...the HD one does up to 4...)...

Adding one bike holder to the base unit:

LR History:
110 hybrid (from a 90) NAS Defender "Oates" #1597
2002 D2 SE "Very Disco" (sold)
1993 RRC LWB "The Beast" (sold)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

« Military Vehicle & Recreation Camouflage Paint | New RC Defender 90 »