BFG vs. Swamper.. - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:57 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
i know just trying to stir things up a bit.
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:58 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

So which ones did you really try? B/C I'm really confused here.

Listen, I don't care if I was "dogging" you. All I care about is real life experience with those tires. I drove trucks with both BL and RL many times and 4 wheeled with. I had a lot of chances to buy lightly used (yeah right) ex. comp grooved BL and RL tires for great price but did not feel like buying 17" wheels so I do have "some" experience with those tires, not just driven a truck once to give my opinion. Bottom line BL are much better tire than the MTR when it comes to rock. Anyway, don't feel sad b/c I picked on you.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:20 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

So your experienced morphed from being on a trail with guys who had them to driving both the red AND blue labels extensively. You must have been a busy boy today. Or a liar. You peddle whatever you want. The blues are not worth the $$$, in my opinion.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:29 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
they all suck
Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:36 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Haahahahaha oh my god you so smart you cought me
Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:47 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

yeah, okay, we all believe you. Must be nice hangin' out at those comps and getting all those cheap tires. Just which comp team exactly had BL waiting just for you? Since there are so many of those at the comps. Quick, better make something up! I am done on this. We all know whats up.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:03 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

go to www.colorado4x4.org and keep watching the classified and see how many Krawlers go for sale. FYI Chuck Henry had a ex-comp BL on his G wagon

Follow-up Post:

FYI 2, people here in CO tends to wheel their rigs more often that's why we always sell our stuff and look for something else unlike you where you keep building your rice and hardly see any trail

FYI 3, If people go through their comp buggies every year then itís more likely to see more used tires on the market. Remember they donít pay for their tires, most gets them for free and thatís why we see them all the time.

Stop making yourself look like an ass and get a clue buddy
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:04 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Okay, my bad. I get it. I didn't realize we were talking webwheeling here. In that case, I believe that you do have a lot of experience with this tire. More than me at least. BTW: you can buy them at Pirate too, so I guess that means I had plenty of chances to get Krawlers on the cheap too. The bl are still to much $$ for what you get. But, who cares, you have tons of friends with both the bl and rl that let you drive there trucks all over the place. You should just do that, no need to have your own ride! OK, I couldn't resist. Now I am done.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:13 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

At least where I am at, both the RL and BL Krawlers are not uncommon. You can find them for sale often. These people get them for 1/4 the cost of retail on sponsership. They run them one year and get new tires all around to start freash the next year. You can pick up a set of used Krawlers for 130-150 bucks each, which is still steep in my book for a used tire, but a heck of a lot cheaper vs new.

Granted the RL gets better traction than the BL, the BL still kick the MT/R's ass any day. The MT/R is a decent "all around" tire, but, at least on the East Coast, they still suck. I would choose a BFG mud any day over a MT/R, and still have 120 bucks left over at the end of the day. Either way, if the TSL is feesable for your day to day use, it's a great off road tire.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:24 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

You crack me up dude Anyone that knows me know I'm very good at handing over the keys to my D90, so with that I get to drive their rigs also. Matt at Rock Ware asked me once if I wanted to drive his truck to see how it handles and no he wasn't looking for my opinion he was just being nice, It's very common here. Hell if you come to CO you are welcome to drive my 90
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:27 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

can someone pass the popcorn?
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:30 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Haahahahaha Actually popcorn should be passed every time David posts something.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:56 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

On third thought. I won't say what I was going to say. It was a little too harsh. Go after me personally all you want. You don't know anything about me. BL are overpriced for what you get. Anytime you want to wheel together, let me know. I will bring extra tow straps for you.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 4th, 2005, 12:22 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Sure I'll bring my straps
Old February 4th, 2005, 01:04 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

I don't think anyone said they were'nt over priced, did they?
Old October 18th, 2005, 12:55 PM
kiefffff
Keith Rider
1994 Portofino ST: #217

Registry
Going to revive this thread with some questions. Just bought some 15x8 wheels. Looking for some rubber. Been waiting for the "new" BFG Mud tread to come out. Anyone know exactly when? Getting tired of waiting.

Also, looking at Pit Bulls. Any opinions?

Also, SSR's. They last longer than 10,000 miles, right!?? Really like these.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
bfg