Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 3rd, 2007, 07:38 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
BFG MT's 255

I am in Greenville SC and I havent had any luck finding these seems the people i have spoken with all say they are unavailible and arent making them???
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2007, 09:15 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Phil,
Depends on size and wheel from what I see. I was going to buy 255X85R16s so I know they have them LT255/70R16, LT255/85R16...Notice no 75s They are MT KMs. I ended up getting 285X75
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/specs...a-km/1152.html

I used the price from 4X4 GroupBuy and had Discount tires beat the price. If local dealers get stupid you can order from these guys I suppose.
http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/bf-...558a37ba769fe4

Hope it helps. These for your D or your missile launcher? Oh yeah. I posted some PICs of them and can recommend them. From what I hear, a lot of our members in CO (Solihull Soc) run them. Not sure if they'd be great for your area...But they look bad ass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DefRear.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	8428   Click image for larger version

Name:	DefQuartSide.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	8429  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DefBigFrontRtire.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	318.3 KB
ID:	8430   Click image for larger version

Name:	DefWheelAlone.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	8431  

Old March 3rd, 2007, 09:28 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Who are you talking to about them? I got my set of 255/85s from 4Wheel Parts. Anyone that sells BFG MTs should be able to order them in.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2007, 09:40 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
Who are you talking? I got my set of 255/85s from 4Wheel Parts. Anyone that sells BFG MTs should be able to order them in.
Yeah...What Chris said... (BTW Chris, thanks for modifying that post)
Old March 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I thought so. I was thinking about ordering them from the www. tire--rack or ebay. Then id have to find a place to mount etc and it would be a bitch to get 5 of those in a Defender I think. I wish i could drive a truck with them mounted already, I wonder how much more of a dog my truck will be when I put them on, cant wait to get them.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 10:02 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
I thought so. I was thinking about ordering them from the www. tire--rack or ebay. Then id have to find a place to mount etc and it would be a bitch to get 5 of those in a Defender I think. I wish i could drive a truck with them mounted already, I wonder how much more of a dog my truck will be when I put them on, cant wait to get them.
Costco, NTB, anyone that mounts tires should be able to put them on your rims. I cant say you will have a problem or not with stock lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old March 3rd, 2007, 10:09 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
its got the OME standard HD/MD lift, There are plenty of tire places around to get them mounted... I just wonder if I can get 5 tires in my truck.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 10:16 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

I've ordered from summitracing.com before and had them send it directly to the shop to mount.. just called the shop before hand and let them know to expect them..
Old March 3rd, 2007, 11:06 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

I fit 4 265s and 1 285 into the back of mine. Stacked bottom to top. No stress on my ST or windows. Barely fits.

I was told that with my manual trans the drag in power would not be so noticable. True so far. Haven't climbed any serious hills or wheeled it yet. Hell, I keep it in third all the time just so I can hear the engine and be obnoxious anyway. Automatics may notice it more.

I have the standard OME lift.
Old March 4th, 2007, 12:37 AM
chrisconnie
Adam Hairston
97 LE #127/300

I have used Tire Rack and had them dropped shipped. Notify the shop prior to delivery.
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:52 AM
read
Read Kerlin
'94 w/ POE HT

FYI, Costco will not mount tires if they are not the "stock size". if you have a 4wheelparts shop around use the price from the group buy site and have them beat it.

I've run the 255/85 for six months now and love it.
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:48 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by read
FYI, Costco will not mount tires if they are not the "stock size". if you have a 4wheelparts shop around use the price from the group buy site and have them beat it.

I've run the 255/85 for six months now and love it.
That must be a new policy for them or dependant on each location as I used to have them do tire changes all the time on both my D90 and Disco's oversized tires.

Quote:
[/size]
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quick question about these tires. I don't have them, but a friend of mine does on his NAS D110 and when I drive it I feel like I am fighting to keep the vehicle in a lane. I assumed it was tread squirm of the tires since his entire susp. is basically new. What do you guys that have them think? I was planning to go with the BF Goodrich M/T instead b/c I don't like the way his vehicle drives on the road. Let me hear your opinions.

Thank you
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:31 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

All the BFG MT sets I have owned drive great so my first thought it to have his alignment checked.

Quote:
[/size]
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Sorry, I made a stupid mistake...I thought he was looking for the Goodyear MT/R. My friend's 110 has the Goodyear MT/R's which is why I was thinking of going with the BFG MTs. Does anyone have the Goodyears on here? I'd like to hear your opinions.
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

All mine (3 sets) drove just fine.
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
Sorry, I made a stupid mistake...I thought he was looking for the Goodyear MT/R. My friend's 110 has the Goodyear MT/R's which is why I was thinking of going with the BFG MTs. Does anyone have the Goodyears on here? I'd like to hear your opinions.
I ran Goodyears on all my vehicles (30 years) until I switched to BFG MT KMs for my D. (30,000 D owners can't be wrong ) I love them. No regret on the switch. But it's your $

IMO The problem you describe just doesn't sound like a tire problem to me. Play in the steering wheel or alignment? (Guessing)
Old March 6th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

Quote:
Quick question about these tires. I don't have them, but a friend of mine does on his NAS D110 and when I drive it I feel like I am fighting to keep the vehicle in a lane. I assumed it was tread squirm of the tires since his entire susp. is basically new. What do you guys that have them think? I was planning to go with the BF Goodrich M/T instead b/c I don't like the way his vehicle drives on the road. Let me hear your opinions.

Thank you
I have them on my 110 its solid as a rock 3" lift & 3link

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
a good tire but wear kinda fast

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
bfg