BFG KM v KM2...Whats the concensus? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

BFG KM v KM2...Whats the concensus?

So, I need to replace all the tires on my 110 as it comes together, and I always intended to put the KM's on it, but they seem to be getting scarce and I would rather wait and do the tires a little later since it doesn't really need them until I start driving it, which won't be for several weeks at the soonest.

Anyway, I was wondering what people thought of the KM2's compared to the KM's. Are the 2's better, worse, the same? Is it worth coughing up the cash now to get a set of KM's while they are still available? Personally I really like the look of the KM's better, but since I will be selling it anyway, I thought I would get other opinions first.
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Guys from the J**pForum have good things to say about the KM2.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 02:02 PM
MEUSOC
BRYAN
NAS 110, 95 ST

I am running 255/85/16 KM's on my 110 and 35/12.50/18 KM2's on my Excursion, (which I just sold) both are amazing tires, but the KM2's are quieter and seem better suited for varying terrain over the KM's. BFG is releasing the KM2's in a sort of "reverse order" meaning, 20", 18", 17" etc..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

If you are planning on selling your truck, I would recommend BFG ATs in stock(ish) ie 235 85 R16 sizes.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:11 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Did you build this thing just as a speculative venture?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:13 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Ive never run the KM2 but ive run KM's for years and just got a set of Firestone Destination MT's . These are great tires and maybe worth considering.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Ron, I was thinking about the AT's, but I really like the look of the KM's and as for size, I like the wider 255 as it makes the truck look a little tougher. I figured most people would agree with me on that, and considering the build I figured whoever bought it would either be someone who is going to really use it, or someone who will want it to look tough to show off. It's really going to be a great camping/road trip rig when I'm done. On board air, built in power inverter with outlets etc.

Jim, Yes, I did. I found it at a good price and love projects, so it was partly to keep me busy with something I enjoy and partly to make some $$. Once I sell it I would like to replace it with a ST that I intend to keep though.

John, I've seen them, you are happy with them? They are another alternative, and one I would probably put on a truck I was keeping, I just wasn't sure of the general population, aka buyer's, opinions of them.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
phoenix37
john

Registry
Andrew personally I love the Destination MT's. They dont ride or sound like a traditional mud tire. They are great in the mud and I cruise comfortably on the highway at 70mph with 285's and can still talk on my phone. Not something i could do with the old BFG MT's I also like the way they look.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 07:10 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
John, how are they on snow and ice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37
Andrew personally I love the Destination MT's. They dont ride or sound like a traditional mud tire. They are great in the mud and I cruise comfortably on the highway at 70mph with 285's and can still talk on my phone. Not something i could do with the old BFG MT's I also like the way they look.
Old October 24th, 2008, 09:02 AM
phoenix37
john

Registry
Ill let you know when it snows
Old October 24th, 2008, 10:01 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37
I've found that most of the M/T's are pretty quiet and easily livable when new, but that every one I've encountered gets noisy as it wears, so it wouldn't seem fair to compare a worn BFG to the new Firestones, but thats just my opinion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
Jim, Yes, I did. I found it at a good price and love projects, so it was partly to keep me busy with something I enjoy and partly to make some $$. Once I sell it I would like to replace it with a ST that I intend to keep though.
Hmmm, love to hear more about it, and know when it comes up for sale. Shoot me an e-mail if you can..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
bfg