Beware Of Rovers North - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 16th, 2007, 05:27 PM
sean
sean dreher

Beware Of Rovers North

I called ROVERS NORTH and ordered a S2 chassis. it took them a few days to get back to me on compatibility with my S2. Well they called and said everything will work.
Imaginer my surprize when a s3 frame shows up. my transmission mounts hand brake are different, visually the whole frame is different.
Now i'm pissed because they didn't bother to tell me they were sending a S3 frame unlike the S2 i ordered or that i woulkd need to modify or switch to S3 parts to use the frame.
There catalog is false advertising they claim they have a II, IIa and III built to landrovers specifications. well since the specs are different on all three models thats false advertising. (I will be reporting it to the local DA).
I called and talked to the owner, MARK who told me I must be new to land rovers if I think there is a difference in the frames. (i've been around long enough to reconize the differences at 1st sight) if there is no difference like he says my parts should bolt on right?
Well he basically told me i was a idiot if i complained about the difference, that they don't have to inform the customer that the new frame need mods or S3 parts to work. MARK said he would take back the frame and then didn't want to deal with me ever again. (what way to run a bussiness).

DON"T TRUST THEM, FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF IF THE PARTS WILL WORK BEFORE YOU ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM, or better yet order from their competitors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2007, 06:30 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

What's with all the supplier animosity lately? First BSROA list, now forums?
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:05 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

I`ve got mixed feelings on Rovers North, I mean, I have run into shit with them before, but nothing they didn`t immediately correct. The one thing I will say in their favor is that they have always been pretty receptive to my complaints. Never got any attitude from them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2007, 07:23 PM
sean
sean dreher

I wasn't aware they just have S3's thats why i called and asked.
Quote from there catalog " OUR HOT-DIPPED SERIES II, IIa, AND III CHASSIS ARE MACHINED TO LAND ROVERS SPECIFICATIONS."
since the II, IIa, III all had different specifications when built by LR, thats false advertising. which easily could have been cleared up if they were honest with there customers.
the S3 chassis has over 20 years of tweaks from the original IIA chassis, much less the II. to say they are identical is a bold lie, visual looks alone are different, plus parts don't bolt on without cutting the frame.

well now i'm hitting every LR forum and blog to whine, seems like i'm not the only one who has bad experience with them this is from another board

"It is well known that RN is the place of last resort and only if you are stuck on the side of the road, with a dead truck, in the rain about to be attacked by enraged field mice and no one but no one else has even a close fit part."
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:38 PM
KevinNY
Kevin Buckley
1973 coiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
well now i'm hitting every LR forum and blog to whine, seems like i'm not the only one who has bad experience with them this is from another board
Nice attitude whiner.
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:42 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
"It is well known that RN is the place of last resort and only if you are stuck on the side of the road, with a dead truck, in the rain about to be attacked by enraged field mice and no one but no one else has even a close fit part."
People are just sore about Rovers North because they're the largest, most successful parts supplier and have "sold out". Their prices are generally higher than everywhere else as well. Doesn't mean they aren't a bad place. You can't satisfy everyone. Especially when the person take the attitude you have.

When they sent me the wrong sliders (for a Series rather than D90) they sent the right ones right away with a return label for the wrong set.
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:46 PM
sean
sean dreher

thats the nice thing about the power of the internet. you know what they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Follow-up Post:

chris i wouldn't have taken this attitude if they had just said we are sorry for the confusion or better yet told me the truth from the start, but to tell me i'm a idiot because i noticed the difference is just pushing it too far. now i'll push it as far as i can.
Old April 16th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Send the frame back and order one for George at RDS. No need to lose any sleep over it.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old April 16th, 2007, 09:22 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNY
Nice attitude whiner.
exactly.
Old April 17th, 2007, 08:31 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
LOL.. Getting good over on Pirate too. I deal with RN all the time. They are great to me and if there ever is a mistake, it goes back. No big Fukin deal. Stop whinin'
Old April 17th, 2007, 09:08 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy
LOL.. Getting good over on Pirate too. I deal with RN all the time. They are great to me and if there ever is a mistake, it goes back. No big Fukin deal. Stop whinin'
X2.....I use Rovers North all the time. Anytime they send the wrong thing they are always more than happy to send the correct part as well as a return shipping label. Everyone makes mistakes. RDS sent us the wrong stuff for my Defender and he immediately corrected the problem no questions asked.

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Old April 17th, 2007, 09:37 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

a few years back they sent me a bumper for a D1 instead of D2. it was a day or 2 before the winter romp, they were willing to send it but i drove up and they exchanged it , no problem

Old April 17th, 2007, 09:46 AM
mhansen
Mike Hansen
97 D-90 SW #2243

Have some cheese and crackers with your whine

Maybe you are low on your estrogen prescription.

My 8 year old whines less.

Hey Sean, You might try direct mail since you are getting very little sympathy on the internet boards.
Old April 17th, 2007, 11:04 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572804

looks like he is making the rounds.

-Jeff
I'm suprised there wasn't any comments about sand in his vagina...atleast not yet.
Old April 17th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy
Pirate locked the thread!
Old April 17th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
I'm suprised there wasn't any comments about sand in his vagina...atleast not yet.
I came pretty close last night but decided to just let it go! I have only bought a few things from them because I usually buy straight from the dealer, but when I have they have always been very helpful in every way. I have not received a wrong part, but judging from my experiences I would expect as you guys have said that they would take care of the mistake no questions asked.
Attached Images

Old April 17th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

I was going to just stay out of this but I had a little extra time at work so what the hell. I went through and looked at all of Seans post (12) and all of them seem to bitching about something or someone. 99% of the people here on this board seem to be good people, with the intent of helping or are in the need of some help regarding the Rover's we all love. It's seems that his intent was/is to do harm to RN. It sounds like a honest mistake and from what he said they are taking the frame back. I don't understand why someone would want to be such a asshole for a mistake that is/was corrected. Mistakes/misunderstandings happen...it's life. I have dealt with RN on many occassions and never have had a problem. Sean you need to take it easy and deal with this attitude problem you clearly know about.

Old April 17th, 2007, 11:38 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Don't lean on him to hard guys. We don't want him to go postal on us. Sean you got any creative writing exerpts you want to share with us. Then maybe we can recomend counsuling.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Antichrist
Tom Rowe
Defender/Disco/Series/MoD

I think you guys are missing the point. From the way it's described, he asked if it would work with his SII. They had a couple of days to tell him, "Yes, but you'll need to make some modifications." They chose, for whatever reason, to leave that bit out. So he was expecting a SII chassis. Not a SIII. Then when he rang them to ask what was up with it, he was basically called an idiot for not being psychic.
Sure they are taking it back, but a part that comes by UPS, even sliders, is esay to send back and get the right one. A chassis, as those of you who have actually moved around a bare chassis, is an entirely different ball game. Plus they wasted his time not properly answering his original enquiry.

I've dealt with RN since the 80's, and had pretty much good experience with them. A few wrong parts, not a big deal. But if this had happened to me as described, I'd be royally pissed too. And letting people know about it.

Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
in places even more inaccessible.

62 88 Regular
67 109 6cyl NADA x2
74 Lightweight - The Antichrist
95 DI 5-speed
95 D90 5-speed
97 D1 Automatic
Old April 18th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Lyman
Lyman Saltsman
1987 Rokon Ranger

people suck in general... main reason why i no longer work in rover retail parts sales.

Rover's North is top notch... i put together a 2a on a Marsland a few years back and can't remember any stumbling blocks.... if you can't get it to work... buy a Toyota FJcruiser... and stop bashing the people that are going to make your project work... unless you are going to source from the UK.... YOU ARE GOING TO NEED ROVER'S NORTH...they have specific little parts that you will not be able to find elsewhere... heck i bought from them while working for one of their competitors....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat