Bestop front seats in a 90 or 110? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 15th, 2015, 08:30 AM
1985 RHD D110
Bestop front seats in a 90 or 110?

As anyone attempted and accomplished fitting a Bestop front seat?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1661640174.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	125067  

Old July 15th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Craig Dickson
1995 D90 Red Soft top
I did about 7 or 8 years ago. The seat I have has the adjustable headrest, reclines and comes with a slider. I think it was called the super seat or super pro or something. To get it to fit I had to fabricate a bracket to match up with the stock holes in the floorboard. I do not have access to the battery box with this set up. In the past 7 years I have gone in the battery box twice.

To fabricate the bracket I used stock square tubing and basically made a square. The seat bolts into the slider that comes with the seat and the bracket bolts into the slider. Then the fabricated bracket bolts into the floor holes.

So visualize a sandwich. Seat on top. Slider, fabricated bracket, then stock hole locations in floor.

I carry the correct socket in my cubby box and if needed I can take the seat out by removing four bolts.

I found the seats to be pretty comfy, but about 3-4 years ago I got a wear spot on the drivers seat. So I switched the drivers seat to passenger side and vice versa.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat